In Sickness and More Sickness

Leon POV:

As soon as I wake up, I feel like shit. Groaning I rub a hand over my face without opening my eyes, then blindly reach out to turn off my alarm on my phone. I curse when I struggle to find it, then finally sit up and angrily swipe my phone before throwing it down the bed. Beside me, my wife's brows furrow in her sleep, a small noise escapes her lips as her eyes begin to flicker awake.

As soon as her eyes find mine, a look of concern fills her features. "You look like shit." She mumbles, yawning and sitting up. Despite the fact she's probably right, I still chuckle and reach out to tap the tip of her nose.

"Thanks baby, I always appreciate the compliments." I mumble, but the last bit of the sentence ends up coming out in a cough. I groan, a headache blossoming in my temple. I start to get up, but Y/N's hand grabs my arm as she points a finger at me.

"Uh-uh, I don't think so Mr Kennedy, you're ill, which means you're having a day off." She orders. I begin to argue, but she gives me that withering look that I can't help but to back down too. I look away, then nod as if I'm some scolded child. Flopping back on the bed, I sigh.

"Okay doctor, what's the plan?" I ask, smiling a little as she leans over and presses a hand to my forehead. It feels so cool compared to my temperature, u can't help but to place my own hand over hers to keep it there for a sec. "Don't. That feels nice." I whisper between a scratchy throat. Fuck, I'm really getting hit by all the symptoms of a cold at once.

"Let me get you a cold flannel, it'll cool you down whilst I make you some tea-"

"You don't have to do that." I intrupt, feeling guilty about the extra work I'm being, but she waves it off with a tut.

"I want to. I'm taking care of you today, so no complaints." She assures me, knowing me too well as she stands and heads for the bathroom. I must fall back asleep because when I wake up mere minutes later there's a refreshing compress on my forehead, my hair brushed back, and a mug of hot tea sitting on the bedside table. Y/N sits on the bed next to me, nursing her own cup of tea as she watches over me.

"You think I'm dying?" I joke, but it goes the wrong way. She bites her lip, shaking her head as she sips her drink then sets it aside. She stands, then comes over to my side and perches on the edge, grabbing my tea as I sit up and reach for it, but she smacks my hand away and insists on helping me. I humour her, sipping the spiced tea, not that I can taste it much, but it seems like she's added some stuff to it.

"I don't like seeing you ill, it's like seeing a fish walk. Weird." She mumbles to herself, gently turning the cold compress on my head over to give her hands something to do. I let out a small laugh despite my chest aching like a son of a bitch. She pouts, as if I've done wrong.

"Baby," I softly say taking her hand in mine, "I'll be fine. It's just something that'll pass within a day or two. I swear I'll be up and at it within no time." She nods, then leans forward to press her lips to mine, but a moment of panic has me stopping her when she's inches away. "You'll get ill." I try. She has none of it, shrugging as she continues to peck my lips.

"Get some sleep. I've got a few things to do around the house but I'll start cooking my famous chicken stew, my mother used to make it for me all the time when I got sick." She says, kissing me one last time then she tucks an extra blanket around me and leaves. I settle in, exhausted and already falling asleep.

Hours later I wake up, feeling a little better but mostly groggy and hungry. I go to the bathroom before heading into the kitchen, where I can vaguely smell something delicious. "Honey?" I call out, immediately my wife rounds the corner looking like she's seen a ghost. I hold my hands up, looking behind me just in case, but then I realise she's looking at me.

"You're out of bed." She points out.

I arch a brow, "Yeah..." I drawl, but right away I'm being led to the sofa and shoved down with more force than I thought my little wife had. "Alright, calm down, I'm not gonna drop into a coma, I'm just stretching my legs."

She huffs, making my lips tilt. God, I love her overreactions and cute gestures. "Luckiky the food's done, let me grab us some." She tells me, disappearing for a minute then coming back with two steaming bowls of stew. I take it, telling her my thanks before digging in. My mom used to tell me that you should always feed a cold, something about my wife clearly having the same ideology pulls at my heart.

I finish the food in no time, then begin taking it to the kitchen, but Y/N snatches it from me and gives me that look again. "Let me help-" I begin.

"No, it's alright, I'll do it."

"But-" I try again.

"Leon."

"OK." I concur, pursing my lips together as a cough wracks me. She comes back with my earlier extra blanket, wrapping it around my shoulders before sitting on the sofa next to me, some kind of bottle and spoon in hand.

Cough medicine.

Nope.

I shake my head, physically leaning away from it as if its some kind of poison. "I don't need that." I argue.

"Yes you do. Two seconds of gross medicine is better than two extra days of being sick." She logically replies. I swallow, ready to run at the sight of the moss green liquid. She unscrews the cap, then pours some onto a spoon, then begins to shove the spoon next to my lips. I keep them shut for a few seconds, until I finally resign and open my mouth. She slips it in, and I pull a face at the taste. "Uuugh."

She lets out a small giggle at my reaction, which makes the whole ordeal worth it, then begins to stand, but I'm done with her running around after me. "Stay." I plead, tugging her down on top of me as I lie on my side. She nods, turning on the TV as we cosy up.

We spend the rest of the day watching movies and napping, at some point she grabs a book and begins talking to me about it and reading, and I deliriously ask random questions. After that, I don't remember much, until I wake up the next morning feeling much better.

Y/N is already awake, ready for another day of looking after me, but I intend to make yesterday up to her. "Thank you for taking care of me yesterday, I really don't deserve you."

She smiles, wrapping her arms around me and resting her head on my chest as I link our ringed fingers together. "I liked taking care of you, and besides if you didn't deserve me I wouldn't have let you put a ring on my finger."

I smile, kissing her head. "Why don't we have another chilled day, one extra won't hurt." I suggest.

She feigns a gasp, looking at me with wide eyes. "Is that really you Leon? Since when do you agree to actually relaxing?"

"Since I found someone to relax with." I murmur, closing my eyes and squeezing my love closer to me, thanking the universe for creating such a beautiful soul for me to be with.