Socks and Sliding

Leon sits on the sofa watching a movie when I finally venture out of our bedroom, after spending all day doing some work on my laptop with Leon only coming in to greet me after getting home from work, to say I'm ready for some time with him would be an understatement. I can feel my body craving his warmth, and since it's October it's quite literal as well. Our small apartment has its faults, but since he's a rookie cop and my small job keeps us going, none of us complain.

With a smile Leon opens his arms as I go to snuggle onto his lap, tucking my feet up I practically become a ball as he wraps his arms around me and kisses my temple. "It's been too long, I was about to come steal you away." He softly murmurs, his hand rubs my shoulder then moves down to my leg, patting it a few times tenderly before them caressing my leg. His hand accidentally touches the bare skin between the gap of my sock and leggings, and he immediately frowns.

"Jesus, you're freezing." He curses, squeezing me even tighter as I poke my head up and shake it in denial.

"I'm not that cold, my ankles and feet just never warm up." I reply, giving him a reassuring smile as he watches me with question. Eventually his brows unfurrow and he drops the subject. We spend the evening snuggled together watching TV and talking before the next day arrives.

As usual, I get on with my work as Leon goes to the RPD, working as a police officer until late at night. I'm midway through keeping an eye on dinner when he comes home, a bag in hand as he comes over and hugs me. "Go sit down, I got you something." He excitedly says, gently pushing my lower back as I perch on a chair. Leon grins as he gets to his knees, and for a second I panic, but then he takes off my regular socks and pulls out a pair of fluffy ones from the bag, carefully he rolls them on and gives my feet a a squeeze as he stands again. I wiggle my toes, already feeling much warmer and so comfortable.

I smile and quickly jump up and wrap my arms around him, "Thank you so much, I'll wear them all the time!" I say, kissing his cheek then going to check on dinner. I keep to my word, always wearing the variations of fluffy socks Leon bought me, the only problem? I slip and slide everywhere around the apartment.

When I'm rushing to the door or to quickly grab something I may as well be ice skating, when I spin around my feet slide, Leon often keeps catching me or stopping me before I crash right into him. I always give him a rueful smile, and despite his attempts to lure the socks away from me, I refuse to go back to the cold side.

Leon calls me from the living room frantically, and so I quickly dash to him, not doing much work as my socks slip across the hardwood to him. My eyes widen as I flail, then suddenly I'm lurching backwards instead of forwards.  Leon's arms quickly right me, and once the shock falls away all that is left is laughter. I giggle as he shakes his head, letting out a breath, even he can't hold back the chuckle that comes out of his mouth.

"What did you need?" I ask once we both calm down. Leon grabs something fluffy from his coat pocket and passes it to me. They're fluffy socks again, but this time there's rubber grippers on the bottom, to prevent slipping.

My lips quirk up as Leon bites back a smile, watching for my reaction. "I guess no more Bambi on ice?" I tease, arching a brow as Leon shakes his head, a look of pure relief crosses his features.

"More like no more scaring the shit out of me, those socks are deadly."

I shrug and take off my current ones to put the new socks on, then experimentally I try to slide across the floor, however I don't move, instead a squeaky sound fills the silence. Leon and I both pause, then slowly I turn to him with a knowing smile.

His eyes lift to the ceiling as I squeak my way across the floor, halfway back to the kitchen Leon's arms wrap around my middle and he picks me up, carrying me there instead. "You're a menace."

"You love it though." I retort.

"Yeah, I do."