Go Down Together

I'm halfway through watching a movie when I receive a short but straight to the point text from Leon, a fellow agent and also kind of my...friend? Who I occasionally sleep with.

I reply to his request to come over enthusiastically before hopping off of the sofa and going to refresh myself, running a brush through my hair and spraying some perfume on. Leon knocks and I let him in quickly, expecting the usual awkward greeting before we get down to our usual business, but instead he lingers, looking not as confident as usual.

"Are you alright? Has something happened?" I ask, though Leon and I agreed to keep our odd relationship professional when needed and no strings attached, I still struggle to keep my love for him hidden. I care about him, and I sometimes think he cares for me too, but he still leaves in the mornings.

Leon lets out a small breath, then shakes his head once. My lips part, he hardly ever confesses to not being okay, he's built up this tough exterior to the world so nobody can expect he's crumbling apart on the inside. Except me, I know him better than I know myself.

"I- can I come in?" He asks, I nod and gesture for him to sit on the sofa as I lock the door behind him since it's late. When I turn back I see him sat down with his head in his hands, he looks so vulnerable and unguarded.

"Leon, tell me what's wrong? Let me help you." I softly say, sitting beside him and pulling his hands into mine. His eyes stick to the floor but he allows me to touch him, to soothe him in the ways I'm used to. My hands trail up his arms, rubbing gently as he swallows thickly.

"Come here." He mumbles, suddenly opening his arms and pulling me onto his lap. My eyes widen but I let him hug me, his head buries into the crook of my neck as he takes deep breaths, his hair tickles me gently but I stay still, not wanting to disturb whatever is going on here. And honestly, I'm confused and scared.

"You're scaring me, please tell me why you're acting like this?" I whisper, finally wrapping my arms around him and hugging him back. His shoulders stiffen for a second until he relaxes into my touch, Leon and I stay like that for a while until he pulls away, his hands hold my waist still as he stares up at me, his eyes analysing my face as if memorising every aspect of it.

"Will you kiss me for the last time?" He murmurs, I nod and lean in to press my lips to his until his words process. I freeze, my lips only just grazing his.

"What do you mean last time?" I ask, silently panicking. Leon's brows knit in displeasure, he then closes the distance between us, kissing me gently at first but then his hand grabs the back of my head, then the kiss turns more primal. I gasp, rocking my hips against him as he kisses me with more emotion than ever before. In this moment right here I know we're on a thin line between friends with benefits and confession. My previous suspicions are confirmed; Leon likes me back.

I slide a hand up his tee, my nails gently scraping his abs until he shakes his head and pulls away, but it isn't in refusal. "I just want to hold you tonight, if that's okay?" He whispers, licking his lips nervously.

I nod, my face softening as I lean into him, and shuffle to get comfortable. Leon moves so we're half laying down on the sofa, snuggled together in a way where our bodies fit together perfectly. "I'm being sent on a mission tomorrow," Leon thickly begins, "I don't think I'm going to come back from this one."

I completely freeze, even my breathing stops. "What?" I breathe out after a few seconds, complete and utter terror overcomes me and Leon senses this, because he begins running a hand through my hair to soothe me.

"It's alright, I'd rather die helping one person than live knowing I didn't do anything." He says, for the first time since he came here he actually sounds confident in that. I force myself to stay calm for his sake, so instead I cup his face and kiss him again, like a lover rather than anything else.

We lie together on the sofa, eventually Leon's breathing evens out and I know he's asleep. With caution I slip from out of his hold, sitting up I grab my phone and arrange a way to fix this, knowing I've done the right thing. I then slip back into Leon's arms now with a blanket, and fall asleep listening to his breathing.

In the morning we wake up and the mood is somber, as usual he remains casual, not mentioning anything from last night. I walk him to the door, hugging him tightly. "Good luck Leon, I know you'll be okay." I whisper, then watch as he leaves...

Leon POV:

I stop the car and get out, already on alert as I take in the cabin ahead. The dense forest is almost peaceful, if only there wasn't an underground Umbrella lab right beneath my feet, filled with infected researchers after the virus yet again escaped. I'm here to retrieve a sample of the vaccine and any new strains of the virus I can find. I'm on my own and the liklihood of me getting in and out are slim. Even Hunnigan sounded grim after wishing me luck.

I step inside of the cabin, checking for traps before beginning to find a way underground, usually there's an elevator or-

The sound of footsteps outside puts me on high alert, I duck behind a desk and grab my gun, waiting until the figure comes closer.

"I know you're there, please don't shoot me for this." An extremely familiar feminine voice calls out. I blank for a second until my instincts kick into gear, standing up I come face to face with the woman I'm in love with.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I growl, storming towards her and cupping her face before crashing my lips to hers urgently. She shouldn't be here, it's dangerous.

She pulls away, grabbing my arm to steady herself, her lips quirk up into a defensive smile. "I'm not gonna let you go into this alone, if we're gonna go down, then we'll go down together." She replies, but her eyes are sad.

I shake my head, grabbing her shoulders angrily, but I'd never cause her harm. "Damn it Y/N-" I break off, knowing this is a losing battle. She's here, and there's no turning back. Fuck!

"I know, it was stupid, but...I can't live knowing I could've helped you, especially of something happens-" She leads off, I can't help but huff at our similarities, she's a woman of my own heart and I love her so much.

"I swear, if we make it out of this I'm done with the one night deals, I want more than that with you. I want you every fucking second I can get." I say, watching as her lips part slightly.

She nods, "I'll give you every beat of my heart Leon Kennedy."

***********************************

Injured but alive, Y/N leans against me as we head up the elevator, escaping the nightmare lab after hours of running, fighting and searching for the vials we need. I glance down at the satchel Y/N holds close, containing everything we've found.

"You ready to come home with me?" I softly ask as the first rays of daylight being to appear.

She grins, nodding as I kiss her head and help her limp out of the cabin and towards our new life together.