Mentor Meet Matchmaker PT 2

A few days after kissing Leon, I find myself holding a blade to his throat.

"You've got to be quicker. Stop trying to duck and actually try and hit me." I sigh, lowering the knife and stepping back. Leon lets out a breath, wiping his shining forehead with the back of his hand. For some reason the gesture warms my body in a completely different way to the workout, and I find myself softening.

"I know it's been hard, I'm sorry."

Leon nods, then reaches for his abandoned knife from the floor, once again he gets into the fighting stance, ready for our third hour of grueling combat training. "I'm still getting used to it, but I promise I'll get the hang of it. Besides, I have the best teacher." He mumbles, then without warning I strike forward, my years of training allow me to get into position within milliseconds, going from casual to deadly before my opponent can even take a breath.

Leon grunts, moving to the side with speed he didn't have when he first came here, then he swipes his leg out trying to trip me. He's always been on the defence, hesitant to hit or hurt me. I let out a frustrated noise, avoiding his maneuver then beginning to stab upwards. To my surprise Leon's got a trick up his sleeve, and grabs my arm then spins us around, his leg hooks around mine causing us to fall to the ground, then he's on top of me with one hand pinning my wrist above my head and his other holds his knife to my throat.

I just got taken down.

And I'm so fucking happy about it. A proud grin stretches across my face as Leon pants, then immediately he throws the knife aside as I release my own, but none of us makes any moves to get up. Leon continues to straddle me, his hair falling forwards and a necklace he has dangles onto my chest, tickling me. "Was that okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I whisper a little breathlessly, "You did great. I especially loved the part where you put me on my back, we should work on that more in my room tonight, you know for extra credit." I tease, earning a chuckle from him.

Leon's lips press against mine softly, taking his time to map out the space of my mouth and the feel of my tongue dancing with his. My legs wrap around him along with my arms around his neck as he groans, his own hands find my waist as his chest presses against my own. Usually I'd feel awkward or trapped, but right now I feel relaxed and safe.

The sound of heavy footfalls interrupts our moment, and we have just enough time to rip our mouths apart when my boss walks in, eyeing us up suspiciously. I clear my throat as Leon rolls off of me, kneeling on the ground as he catches his breath. I however, stand and smile as if I'm covering up something. Which I am, but I can't let anyone find out about my forbidden relationship with my own handsome rookie.

"Y/N, I hear you've been focused on your assignment, I'm glad to hear it. I just wanted to come by and check on you and the kid, how are things heading with him?" My boss asks, sounding bored and sly.

"They're going great," I reply, not lying once, "Leon is making some amazing progress, in fact I'm sure he'll be ready for the field within a year."

Leon stands, coming to my side as if he's being some kind of silent support. I'm thankful for him, the idea of not being alone anymore fills me with hope. My boss nods, looking between us oddly, then mumbles something about "keep working" and "see you again soon."

Once he's gone and a few minutes have passed I finally relax, Leon tugs me to him, pulling me to his chest. I for once let him console me, resting my forehead against his beating heart as his arms envelope me like a safety net, catching me before I fall into that anxiety induced state of mind. "It's all right, he doesn't suspect anything, he's just another asshole who underestimates everybody."