Sacrificial Sentiments PT 2

Y/N POV:

I'm in and out of consciousness, only knowing pain and darkness.

Short term memories flick through my mind; yelling for Leon to leave me and save the team. Being shot and feeling a burning pain in my stomach. Leon running towards me as the facility crashes around us, his arms scooping me up as we make it to the elevator. The warmth against my shivering body as I tell him I love him. His teary blue eyes gazing down at me as he holds me in the truck. Something knocking us over.

The sound of gunshots has my eyes opening fully. I look around, seeing the truck is tipped to the side and a blanket is covering me. I huff, taking heavy breaths through my teeth as I force myself to move, standing and feeling more blood spill out of me. A squeak escapes me as I reach up to climb out of the door, it takes all my strength to leap out, and I land knees first on the ice.

I look up, seeing what's left of my team fighting Umbrella soldiers, and losing. There's already the dead bodies of my friends laying around the ground. I frantically search for Leon, noticing a giant Umbrella submarine has burst through the ice, at least that answers that question. I panic when I can't find him, then panic even more when I do.

He's up against some kind of genetically mutated super solider, who's way stronger and is currently kicking his ass. "You should've stayed down." Jill's voice sounds from next to me. I have enough time to turn before she kicks my stomach right where the bullet is nestled within me. I scream, flying through the air from her strength, rolling through the snow and earning Leon's attention. The look he gives me is like he's seeing a ghost.

"Y/N!" He shouts, for once sounding terrified. I give him a thumbs up, trying to be lighthearted despite the fact I'm dying and we're losing the fight.

No. This is it. If I'm going down, let it at least be for something.

Slowly, I level my eyes with Jill's, holding my stomach as I stand. It's the most pain I've ever been in, but I've got to fight through it. At least for now. I'll think about letting death grab me later.

"You're a real bitch right now, you know that?" I ask, then I throw a punch. She catches it as predicted, but my other hand is already throwing another one towards her stomach. She doubles over, clearly I've found a weak spot, but she doesn't let it linger.

Quickly she recovers, then throws out her leg as she tries to sideswipe me, but I jump to avoid being taken out, then I launch myself forward onto her, tackling her to the ice as she grunts. I claw at her chest, trying to grab the controlling device she wears, but she rolls us over, then her hands wrap around my neck.

I can't breathe.

Can't breathe.

Can't.

Breathe.

My vision fades as her grip loosens, just a fraction, giving me enough of a chance to lean up and grab the device, peeling it off of her I toss it aside. Immediately she rolls off of me, gasping and bucking in pain, but away from me for now.

I catch my breath, neck aching as I look over to see Leon being held down by the super solider, his face bleeding from a few cuts and strong hands pushing him deep into the ice? My vision blurs for a second, then sharpens when I see Leon being drowned in the inky depths. I scream his name, unable to move but I look to my side, noticing a stray gun lying there.

"Use this!" I shout, throwing the gun to Leon as he turns to me, managing to lift his head despite being shoved down. He catches it with one hand easily, then unloads the round into the solider. It falls dead as I pant, falling onto my l stomach and passing out, only vaguely hearing Leon shout my name and crawl across the ground to reach me. Helicopters whizz in the distance.

***********

Bright lights.
The smell of disinfectant.
Constant beeps.

Before I even open my eyes I know I'm in hospital, which must mean I'm alive. I open my eyes, blinking against the light for a second as a warm hand takes mine. I look to my side, seeing a bruised but okay Leon sitting in the chair beside my bed. I've never seen him look so concerned, his brows knit together as he watches me.

"Leon?" I whisper, smiling as he leans over and gently hugs me, his head resting under my chin as he repeatedly says "You're okay" whilst he breathes me in, his body trembling.

I pat his hair, unable to do much since I'm wired up to practically every machine invented. He sits back down, and I finally notice Jill standing in the corner, giving me a small wave.

"It's good to have you back." She softly says, wrapping her arms around herself as if she feels bad. I don't blame her, but right now I'm not exactly her number one fan, even if she was being mind controlled. 

"Likewise." I mumble, then she leaves us to be alone. I yawn, feeling doped up from the pain relief. I cover my mouth with hand, but notice a silver ring on my finger that definitely wasn't there before. I raise my brows, looking to Leon with confusion and amusement. He doesn't look as playful as I feel, but he tries.

"I put that there because I needed you to wake up and give me an answer." He shrugs, but his face is pinched full of nervousness and that lingering look of sadness, as if he knows how close we were to being torn apart from one another, and it's going to haunt him.

"In that case, yes." I softy reply, adding a small smile to try and show him I'm okay. I know it'll take a while for him to get over this, but I'm not going anywhere and hopefully soon he'll see that. Especially after this mission, I'm swearing off doing anything on my own anymore.

Leon returns the smile as I scoot over as best I can and pat the bed, beckoning him to lie with me. He does, sliding onto the bed and wrapping his arm underneath me and the wires as I snuggle into him, linking our fingers together as he kisses the top of my head. "I thought I was going to lose you. I'm not ready for that, I'll never be ready for that-" Leon whispers, admitting his fear.

I shush him, brushing my thumb over the top of his hand as a shuddery breath escapes his lips. "I know that was scary, and I'm sorry, but I'm okay and I'm here now, so let's focus on that, okay?" Leon nods, "Plus now we can bond over both being shot." I joke.

Thankfully, Leon snorts a laugh, holding me closer than before. "Fuck, love isn't a strong enough word for how I feel about you."

I smile to myself, then close my eyes knowing I'll open them again soon, with Leon still by my side.