Bonfire Night

AN: It's Bonfire Night here in the UK so I thought I'd write an imagine about a certain event that happens near where I live, but it's pretty vague so anyone can still enjoy this one!
It's features RE2R Leon♡

Also, just a quick but loving side note; I just want to thank all of you for your continued support on my works. I've been writing Leon content for around 7/8 months now😮 and I've had so many wonderful comments and messages. I love reading all of your reactions and love for Leon, who's quickly become one of my comfort characters. It's so lovely having this community where we can just appreciate the Resident Evil universe and the characters together ❤️

Okay, that's all the soppy stuff done😂

----------------------------------------------------------

It's already dark by the time Leon gets home from work. Not long after having a quick meal we getting ready to go out to attend a small local fireworks show. I sit on the stairs lacing up my boots as Leon shrugs on his own coat, grabbing mine and holding it out as I stand. I smile, slipping it on with help as my fingers drift to the zip, but once again ever the gentleman, Leon beats me to it and zips it up for me, stopping just below my chin where I like it.

"Got everything you need? Phone? Purse? Pure excitement?" He teases, gently tapping the tip of my nose as I laugh and nod. With a last glance around the house Leon grabs my hand and leads me out into the chilly autumn night.

It's fairly dark, and already others in the neighbourhood are celebrating tonight with fireworks of their own. The smell of numerous bonfires fills the air combined with the crisp smell of leaves. Leon's fingers link with mine as we walk, often he guides me around stray puddles and the occasional lamppost as I look up at the stars, thankful for a beautiful and clear night.

It isn't long until the festival comes into view. Lights are set up everywhere and a few fair games are placed around the massive park. Many people are here, eating foods from the various stands and waiting for the main event to begin. My eyes can't take it all in, but as soon as I spot the massive flaming bonfire I pull Leon towards it, marvelling at the warmth and grateful for temporary reprieve from being cold. I rub my hands together, my gaze drifting to a stand that's selling marshmallow sticks to toast.

"Yes please." I mumble more to myself, already pulling away from Leon to go grab one. However Leon walks past me, already buying one for me and a cup of mulled wine for himself.

"Thank you." I grin, taking the stick from him and holding it near the fire. Leon's eyes practically stare at me like a worried parent as I hold the marshmallows over the fire. Once toasted I waste no time eating them, and definitely making a mess as Leon holds back a grin, sipping on his spiced drink.

"Here," he says when I throw the wooden stick onto the fire, "You've got some...nevermind." His finger reaches out and swipes at my bottom lip, then surprisingly he sticks it in his mouth, blushing a little as my lips part.

It's getting nearer to the actual fireworks now, so Leon wraps an arm around my shoulders and guides me to a good spot where there aren't a lot of people. We stand at the gated area, patiently waiting for the show, when a man comes around asking if we want to buy some sparklers. I nod, already getting the money out and buying one since Leon shook his head. I take the sparkler and watch as the man lights it up. Immediately it begins to sizzle and sparkle, crackling as I wave it around and grin.

"The littlest things make you so happy, I love you for that." Leon chuckles, grabbing his phone and taking a picture of me before the sparkler sizzles out. A shiver wracks through me as we wait, so Leon comes behind me and wraps his arms around my middle, resting his head on my shoulder. "You doing okay?"

I nod, "Little chilly, I'm mostly buzzing with excitement." I wave off, turning my head as Leon kisses my cheek. He points forward, and in the distance I see the group of people begin to light the fireworks. Seconds later the first set dash into the sky, whizzing up before popping and exploding into an array of colours.

I smile watching them, inhaling that gunpowdery scent. More and more go up, some shrieking and others fizzing, all as beautiful as the last. I turn my head, looking up to see Leon watching them with a boyish wonder. God, he's so handsome it hurts. As if sensing my eyes on him, he looks down and gives me a smile, leaning down his lips meet mine as fireworks explode.

"Wow, there's such a spark between us." Leon murmurs. I snort a laugh, pushing him away but pull him back seconds later as we watch the rest of the show together. Once it's over we have a look around the festival, eat some more food and play a few fair games before I yawn. Leon takes it as a sign for us to head home, so reluctantly I nod and lean against him as he snakes an arm around my middle, guiding us home in the dark.

Once back, we both immediately change out of our clothes and into our pyjamas, then snuggle under the covers, with my head resting on his chest as he strokes my hair. "Did you have fun tonight?" Leon causally asks.

"Yeah, I loved it. Especially the food, that was probably the highlight. Ooh, and the fireworks obviously." I yawn, burying deeper under the covers. Leon pulls them higher, adjusting so his other arm wraps around me for extra coziness.

"I think the best part was seeing your face with that sparkler, you kinda looked like a pyromaniac." He softly chuckles, I huff and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep. "Sweet dreams, and I love you." Leon whispers, kissing the top of my head.