Lips and Liars

I stare at Leon, freezing as I try to process the news he's just told me. It goes against everything he's been telling me about his missions and where he's been.

"So you've been talking to Ada? Seeing her to 'gather information?" I ask, holding up my fingers like quotation marks. I feel so betrayed, I know Leon wouldn't cheat on me like that, but it still feels like he lied to me. Well, he did so I guess my feelings are valid.

Leon's face falls as he sees how upset I am, fuck that, I'm seething with anger. "I swear I've only met with her three times, all in public places and I've never done anything but talk with her, and even then it was only about our common goal. Taking down Umbrella." I scoff, Leon reaches for me but I push him away, I pace the apartment, my mind going so fast a ache forms. I force my eyes closed, taking deep breaths so I don't do anything stupid.

I truly do trust him, Leon isn't the type to stay if he didn't want to, by now he knows to just take the leap with things. "Do you really trust her? I mean she's stabbed you in the back more times than-" I begin, but now Leon's the one to look hurt.

"I know! Jesus you don't have to worry about me, I'm not helpless like you!" He snaps. By now I'm a raging inferno, so angry I can't even think, I spin around and just react, throwing a messy punch that hits Leon in the jaw. He doesn't flinch, doesn't react as we stand and stare at each other.

"If you're gonna punch me then at least do it right." He mumbles, I don't know what the hell he was thinking to say such a thing at a time like this, but it just makes me even more mad. I punch again, this time Leon catches my fist in his hand and pulls me to him, kissing me deeply as I moan and kiss him back.

We stumble around the room, knocking things over as we make out like the world is ending. I grab the bottom of Leon's tee, but he stops me and breaks the kiss, both of us panting heavily and the anger now just a light simmer. "You done now?" He asks, nudging my nose with his. I nod, just feeling guilty and ashamed of my reaction.

"I'm sorry I hit you." I whisper, tears forming in my eyes, Leon's lips tilt into a half smile, his hand reaches up and wipes my tears away with his thumb.

"I deserved it. I never should have kept something like this from you, you deserve to know." He softly says, gently grabbing my knuckles and kissing them. I look down to see them bruising already. Leon frowns and leads me to the kitchen, he picks me up and sets me on the counter as he grabs a bag of frozen peas, then takes my hand in his and holds them onto my knuckles.

"You're right, but I shouldn't have reacted like that. I believe you, I just...I know how she feels about you, and I got worried." I mumble, Leon chuckles and I give him a pointed look, he looks up at me, his eyes crinkling like I've said a joke.

"Y/N," he lightly says, "You're the only woman on my mind, I'm not giving you up, ever. I love you, don't forget it you silly goose."

I burst out laughing, Leon laughs too and rests his forehead on my shoulder as his laughs fade. "Oh I love you so much." I smile, the pain from my hand is barely there now. Leon puts the peas back and switches on the kettle, making us some drinks.

"There's something else you should know," Leon begins, my happiness fades as he leans in and whispers into my ear, "You're so beautiful when you laugh, even if you sound like a hyena."

I snort and playfully whack his shoulder, then hop off of the counter to reach into the cupboard for some biscuits, I grab Leon's favourites and wave them at him. "We're splitting these as an apology."

Leon feigns hurt, "My lovely woman, you can shout and punch me, but taking my biscuits? Harsh." He grins and nods, bringing the drinks over to the sofa where we sit and snuggle to watch a movie.