Encyclopaedia

AN: SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE 'SEPARATE WAYS' DLC!

In this imagine the reader is Ada and it takes place in chapter 6 of the DLC😊

I just finished it and...wow! It was so good and fills in so many gaps, Ada is such a badass and I loved seeing her POV, as well as seeing some bonus scenes of Leon of course♡
----‐-------------------------------------------------------------

The lift begins to descend as I use my sniper rifle to take out the armoured guards, I contain a sigh as it reaches the bottom, where another group of cultists await me.

I use my grapple gun to latch onto the front one, then glide through the air before kicking him back into the others. They all stumble so I use the time to grab my handgun and finish them all, letting out a breath as the last one drops dead. I wait, wondering if they'll turn into parasitic monsters like some of the others, but thankfully not.

I walk past them, my heels clicking as I climb onto some storage containers and make my way into the building, opening the metal doors with a grunt.

As soon as I walk forward I hear a familiar voice, at first Leon's presence threw me off, and I guess it still has since I've yet to recover the amber, I'm constantly working to help fight Saddler and his followers or getting rid of this damn parasite. I carefully continue forward on the rafters, stopping when I see Leon crouched near the girl, Ashley.

"Sorry I'm late." Leon softly says, standing up as Ashley sits up.

"You brought the medicine just in time."

"Can you stand?" Leon asks, holding out a hand, but Ashley sits up on the makeshift bed, still getting used to being conscious again. I lean down, but I don't know why. I should go, there's no reason for me to be here, but I don't. I listen, my heart squeezing at the fond way Leon's looking at Ashley. I remember back to six years ago when he gave me that same look, right before he learnt who I really was.

"Where's Luis?"

That softness turns to frustration as I think of Luis, the man who I was supposed to help, though it was a deal and I didn't care either way, it still bugs me that someone killed him when he had no reason to die. He was ready to change, ready to become a better man, but his chance was ripped from him. Maybe that's why I'm so caught up in all this...

"He was worried about you...until the end." Leon confesses, Ashley slumps as my fists clench, but I shove it aside and stand up straight. Enough of this.

"Come on, we don't have much time. Let's get rid of these things." Leon says with determination, holding out a gloved hand for Ashley. I look away as she takes it, but I'm glad Leon or the girl aren't alone in this, and clearly they're helping each other deep down even if they don't know it themselves.

"For Luis." I hear Ashley say before I begin to walk away, heading down the corridor, but then my comms alert me of an incoming call. I look down, holding the walkie in one hand as I walk.

"Y/N come in. There's a lab where we can remove the parasites. Had a crazy hunch you'd know where it is." Leon asks sounding slightly playful. I smile to myself at the normalcy of it, glad Leon at least trusts me enough to even ask.

"Their most important facilities are housed in their sanctuary at the top of the mountain. That's where I'd look." I reply, stepping over some wires.

"Huh," Leon huffs, "Y/N the encyclopedia."

"Happy to help. Now you owe me." I say, only half meaning it. If only Leon knew how much I've helped already, not that he needs to. The comms go silent so I presume he's already on his way with Ashley, battling whatever enemies blocking their path.

It shouldn't be too much trouble for them, they've already come this far and I know how determined Leon can be when he's being a saviour.

"Don't die on me now." I say to myself in hopes that he'll make it there okay. I sigh, feeling too much, so I shove it down and regain my focus, jumping down a massive hole in the floor and landing perfectly.

I look up for a second, debating whether to catch up with Leon and help them, but then I internally slap myself and head forwards.