You Aren't Where I Left You...

AN: This one's based on Death Island Leon♡
This one's a little short since my ideas are running low and I've been a little busy lately...
----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm telling you, stay here and wait until we come back. I'm not risking your life a second time." Leon sternly tells me as I stand, I use the bars of the cells to support myself since I'm still recovering from being infected. I nod, though deep down I know this is all for nothing, I'm most definitely not going to sit around like some trained puppy whilst my friends go and fight yet another lunatic, but since my husband has a protective streak I decide to play along.

"What happened was out of your control," I quickly argue but stop when Leon's jaw tenses, "but okay, I'll stick back and let you go be a hero." I finish, adding my signature sweet smile that melts Leon every time. His eyes stay staring at me until his shoulders droop and his arm pulls me in for a quick hug.

"I'll be back soon. Stay safe and fight if you need to." He murmurs, kissing the top of my head before jogging away to go  be the first to get a few punches in.

"You're not really gonna stay here, are you?" Chris sighs as he rolls his shoulders. Without looking back at him I grab my gun from the floor and reload it. 

"Nope." I say, exaggerating the 'p' as I head to follow Leon. However, things don't exactly go to plan, I get distracted by Jill fighting a massive monster that turns out to be Dylan. Chris, Claire, Rebecca and I rush down to help, all aiming our weapons at the thing before Leon joins us looking a little ruffled. He glances at us all then does a double take when he sees me, and I can't help but to blush and give him a small wave as his eyes narrow. God, I feel like I'm being scolded just from the way he's looking at me.

"You aren't where I left you sweetheart-" He begins as the others raise their brows at us, yeah now isn't the time for an argument.

"You told me to fight if I need to. Well," I gesture to the monster slowly creeping towards us, "seems like I'm needed." Leon groans, taking the empty space beside me and aiming his gun up ready to shoot with the rest of us.

"I should've knew you were too stubborn, but I guess that's one of the reasons I married you." He mumbles, giving me a small smile before all hell breaks loose...

Not long after, Dylan is dead. His monstrous body now in pieces and floating in the water. I slump to the ground, glad for the temporary reprieve whilst Chris and Jill walk past talking, I just stare into the water catching my breath. "Oh, so now you're sitting still?" Leon teases from behind me, I lift a hand and flip him off as he chuckles, then his arms lift me up onto my feet. I frown, sighing at having to move again.

"I'm definitely not cut out to be like one of you guys, I'm no badass." I mumble, rubbing my aching shoulder. Leon's eyes catch on, and he quickly scans me for any injuries, his body relaxes when he finds none.

"You are, but in your own way." Leon softly says, scooping me up bridal style. When I don't protest he arches a brow at me, "You're not arguing? Not gonna snap at me for helping?"

I shake my head, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I know when to pick my battles. Now let's go home, you could do with a bath." I huff, earning a small smirk from Leon.

"Yes ma'am." He nods.