Officers In Arms

AN: This is based on an Easter egg you can find in the RE2R demo, when you play as Leon and step outside, you can hear Nemesis growling "STARS" very faintly.

Since discovering this, I thought I'd write an imagine where Leon comes across the big dude🤭Of course, there's a little romance sprinkled in too with a Stars reader...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Leon POV:

Looking behind me for the last time, I exit the station and begin walking around to the side gates, ignoring the groans of the undead as I pass their desperate attempts to claw their way past the barricades.

As soon as I make it back into the dangerous city, out in the open among the deserted cars and chaos, I hear the rushing sounds of someone running. Immediately I grab my gun, already trained to be on guard after my visit to the RPD. My head swivels around, the quiet city makes it hard for me to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, on top of that I don't even want to think about what the noise is.

It could be another fucked up monster?

Or maybe one of the undead?

But...it could be a survivor too?
Risking it all as a flicker of hope fills me, I call out blindly, hoping that whoever can hear me, and hopefully follows my voice. I'm rewarded mere seconds later when suddenly the figure sprints around the corner- a woman who looks to be around my age, maybe a little older- throws herself over the hood of an abandoned car, crouching down where I can see.

I frown for a second, debating my move, but then my chance to get to her is taken from me as a few of the undead turn their heads, already on the prowl to claim their next victim. Panic consumes me, I don't want to watch another person die just because I didn't try hard enough. I quickly bang the end of my gun on the metal fence next to me, hoping to catch their attention, but it doesn't work.

The undead begin to close in towards the woman, and she still doesn't see them behind her. "Hey, watch out!" I shout.

The woman's head turns to me, eyes widening for a second in surprise, then she turns to the trio of zombies, a sense of calm taking over as she aims her gun and fires. The first bullet strikes one of the undead in the head, the second bullet is shared between the other two, flying through the forehead through one then continuing forward to reach the last zombie.

I stand there, staring at the fallen bodies, completely awestruck and shocked. Damn, she's good. I dont waste anymore time, I jog to her, not seeing anymore undead. She stands, turning to face me in a greeting, but a low, growling noise echoes around the sudden stillness.

"S.T.A.R.S!"

I look to her, blood draining from my face as she sighs, looking...annoyed?

"Doesn't this fucker ever take the hint?" She curses, standing her ground as I aim my gun up. She throws me a look, as if I'm crazy, then both our heads turn towards the hulking shadow that emerges.

It looks fucking terrifying. I wish I could say that I'm shocked, but this day doesn't seem to be getting any less messed up.

The giant monster dressed in black raises something, a rocket launcher, then aims it towards us with no hesitation.

"MOVE!" The woman yells, spinning to me and wrapping her arms around me as she shoves her weight into throwing us out of the way. A high pitched whistle is followed by a massive explosion, heat skims at me as I turn, wincing from my new collection of bruises, seeing the car we were near is now laying on its side, flaming and charred.

I look up shaken, noticing the woman is laying on top of me, her hair framing her face perfectly, I give myself a second to catch my breath, scanning her from waist to head. My eyes narrow at the slightly familiar uniform and logo, but I can't remember where I've seen it before.

"Come on, we've gotta get up." She huffs out of breath as she rolls off of me and stands, grabbing my arm and hauling me to my feet. I nod, dazed and unsteady as she aims her gun and the monster and begins letting the bullets fly. I grab my own gun, following her lead as the monster drops the weapon and begins heading for us, not a bit phased by the gunshots.

"I don't suppose he's a friend of yours?" I shout with a smile, trying to lighten the mood despite the situation at hand.

The woman shakes her head, lips curving a little at my question. "No, but I can explain him soon. We need to get out of here, the RPD is our best shot." She replies.

My lips purse at the mention of that place, the memories there not fond ones. "It's not safe, it's full of those things." I somberly say.

She takes a heavy breath, nodding as if to confirm her own suspicions. The monster keeps coming, closer than before to the point where we have to start retreating backwards.

"S.T.A.R.S!" It growls again.

"Well I'm going, unless you want to stay out here with him." She nods at the monster, then turns and begins running towards the station. I look back and fourth, then letting out a noise of frustration I follow, once again heading back to the RPD.

As soon as we're back in, I barricade the doors like I should've before, then panting I flop onto the front desk, legs swinging as I clench my fists, fighting off the panic. Next to me, the woman looks around, letting out a low whistle.

"Damn, this place has always needed repairs but this? It's past fixing."

My brows knit together at her tone, her words registering. "Wait, you've been here before?"

She nods, pointing at the badge on her arm. "I'm an officer, part of the special unit called S.T.A.R.S."

I huff a laugh, getting to my feet I hold out a hand, "Leon Kennedy, police officer, well I was supposed to be. It's my first day."

Her brows raise as she takes my hand and shakes it, my heart beats faster as she smiles fondly at me. "Y/N. You chose a really bad day to start rookie."

I open my mouth to speak but a loud banging hammers the front doors. Y/N curses under her breath, then points to the stairs. "Up there, let's head to the fire exit on the roof. We can lose him."

I nod and follow her behind, hoping that we can stick together long enough to survive this place, and then maybe a little longer after that too.