First Sight Flutters

AN: Happy New Year's Eve/ New Year!
Here's something cute and fluffy to welcome 2024.

Also, I just wanted to say thank you for all the love you've given my writing since I started writing for Leon in March. However, with a few completed books and so so many parts, I'm beginning to run out of ideas. I'm happy to take requests, but my updates might slow down from here...

I'll still be around! I just want to start focusing on quality/length over uploading almost everyday.

Once again, I love you all!

-Vo0do0_Qu33n  (Amy) 👋🥰

---------------------------------------------------------

Leon POV:

I shuffle in my seat, glancing at the clock for the millionth time that night as I count down the hours until my shift is over. It's weird really, my whole life I've dreamt of being a cop, being able to save people and look out for everyone who needs protecting, but instead of actually doing something I'm confined to the office doing damn paperwork.

I run a hand through my hair as I move onto the next file, ever so slowly the stack of reports are getting done. The sound of someone entering the office distracts me from my work, I look up to see Marvin Branaugh, my lieutenant, gesturing for someone to go into his office. I watch, glad for even the smallest distraction from the bordem.

That's when I see her.

I don't know who she is, but when her kind eyes meet mine from across the scattered desks I'm done for. My breath catches as she gives me the smallest of smiles. Being awkward and exhausted from my shift I look around the room in case she's smiling at something else, but nobody else is in here. As if knowing my surprise her smile grows, I see her smother a small laugh with her hand, then just like that she's ushered into Branaugh's office.

Fuck. My hearts beating so fast I can feel my pulse beating against my neck. My hands are sweaty, from a mixture of nervousness and anticipation. I've never been a massive flirt but I've always had some form of confidence with romance, so why is this girl making me lose my mind?

I look down at the abandoned report on my desk, forcing myself to focus on that rather than to keep looking up and through the open blinds of Branaugh's office, where the beautiful stranger is sat at Marvin's desk, talking quietly and occasionally wringing her hands together.

I've abandoned hope of getting over the insta-crush. At this rate it's insta-love. I mean, could she be my future wife? The way she briefly looks out of the window, immediately catching my eyes once more has me free falling. I'm a sane man. I'm sure of it. But this woman makes me mad.

Back to the paperwork I finish the last report. It's a sloppy job compared to the others but it's done. When I go to grab another I see the woman nod, then Marvin leaves the office quickly. My brows knit together, wondering who she is and why she's here. Her hair falls over her eyes, deftly she tucks it behind her ear.

Shit, that's adorable. I wonder if that's her natural colour. I want to know what it's like to run my hand through it, to see her eyes close as I lull her to sleep by toying with it, wrapping it around my finger as she smiles and looks up at me.

Marvin comes back all too soon with some kind of hot drink. He looks over at me, question in his eyes. Mission abort. I give him a small wave then look down as if I'm working and not admiring the most prettiest girl I've ever seen. My act must suffice because Marvin sits back down at his desk, and their chat continues.

I wonder what she's drinking? Is she a coffee girl or tea? Does she have a cup of coffee every morning? I've got some kind of overpriced fancy coffee sitting at home, I wonder if she'd like that? I'd bring her a mug every morning in bed, along with my attempt of breakfast to make her smile. Accompanied with some kisses and lazing around if we have the time. God, I'd look after her so well.

Minutes later their conversation ends, she stands and shakes Marvin's hand, the lucky bastard, then she walks out of the office. My heart pangs, knowing this is probably the end of our meeting, that after this I'm back to being alone and left with the 'what could've been' ideas.

Until she walks over to my desk, smiling down at me shyly. I can feel my lips part, she's close enough that I can smell her perfume, it's so perfect for her. "Hey" She softly says.

And. I. Fall. In. Love.

"Hey," I casually say, even though I want to say so much more. I want to ask about her hobbies. I want to know if she has any pets or what her family is like. I want to know about her dreams and desires, about what makes her laugh. "Is everything okay?" I ask instead.

She nods, looking a little shook. "Oh, uh, yeah, I...I just thought I'd come over and uh...I, see if you're okay." She mumbles nervously. My lips tilt as she does that hair tuck again.

"I'm okay, sick of paperwork though. How are you though? Marvin didn't start talking about the history of the RPD did he? He's got a habit of doing that." I joke.

She let's out a small laugh. "No, he seems really nice, though he did start talking about the renovations happening downstairs."

I nod, "So what brings you here anyway?"

She looks panicked for a second, but then she smiles and her head raises a little. "I'm thinking about joining the force, I just wanted to ask a few questions first."

This must be a dream. Or a nightmare. All I want to do is protect her, I'd never want to see her hurt or deal with some of the shitty people of Raccoon, but then again the idea of working shifts with her, talking and finally getting answers to all my questions...

"Really?" I widely smile, "That's amazing, I can definitely say that the RPD is a great place, and it feels good knowing you're helping people." Her eyes light up, so I finally use all my confidence and take the shot. "I'm sure you'll think of more questions, or maybe want to talk, could I give you my number just in case?"

She bites her lip, then nods just once. I grin, tearing off the edge of the report and writing my number then pass it to her, almost having a heart attack when our hands touch. "Thanks. Maybe I'll see you around some time?"

"Yeah, hopefully so." I murmur, watching as she backs away then gives me a wave, walking out.

"Kid, you could've just asked for her number." Marvin calls out. I jolt, jumping as I look over to see him leaning against his door with a smirk. He shakes his head ruefully, then leaves me with my work and heart on my sleeve.