Chapter 2

The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan – Chapter 2
☆ RPR

When did life go wrong?

When I was abandoned at birth? When I couldn't go to the adoption I was supposed to go to and was left in an orphanage? How I got adopted, but my family fell apart?

When you look at it objectively, 'Oh, it's a misfortune narrative.'

But it was my reality.

- Mom and Dad! Ahhh...!

Eventually, it would be when my adoptive parents died.

My adoptive parents were good people. When I was about 12 years old, I was pushed behind in adoption rankings because of my older age, but they still adopted me and did everything possible to raise me well.

After my stepfather's business went bankrupt, since I'm not even his biological son, he should have treated me like a nuisance—just another mouth to feed.

- Remember, you have to be responsible until the end. Yoo-ha.

Even so, their love never changed.

That's why it hurt more, their deaths.

The cause of death was a car accident. In the summer of 20XX, the two of them got hit by a dump truck while coming to pick me up after practice.

Left alone, I had to wander aimlessly for a while. I was a 4-year trainee at the time. I dropped out of high school to make my debut and focus on practicing.

However, it was not easy to come to my senses after the death of my parents. I couldn't sleep and couldn't eat. Depression set in, followed naturally by my poor physical condition.

At that time, the agency gave me one last chance as I slipped and fell into despair.

- Yoo-ha, would you like to enter our new program?

<Design Your Idol>. It was a survival program for trainees by Korea's most famous music broadcasting companies.

Now, there are many survival programs like that, but at the time, it seemed like a pretty fresh plot that all the trainees from different agencies signed contracts for a set period and worked together as a group.

Many agencies considered it a risky challenge and withdrew their feet. However, medium-sized and small-sized entertainment companies that needed recognition and influence actively expressed their intention to participate.

Among them, KRM, which I belonged to, was the only large-scale entertainment company that expressed interest in participating, and it received public attention.

KRM, which did not have to seek benefits through broadcasting exposure, decided to let its trainees go because of the company at the time and Anet. The producer of <Design Your Idol>, was trying to break the long-standing war of nerves and strengthen their relationship.

The CEO needed to patronize Anet, and thanks to that, I was given the right to appear in <Design Your Idol>.

Many of the trainees who had not been selected as the debut group wanted to appear in the program. Because once the debut group emerged, there would be no promises for several years.

I can't remember how I felt when I got the offer. I wasn't in the mood to judge whether it was a good or bad opportunity to take risks.

However, after falling out of the debut group, it was clear that this was my only chance. So I had no choice but to accept it.