Chapter 12

The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan – Chapter 12

'Each trainee will receive a 3-minute phone call l the day before the rating re-evaluation.'

It was only now that I vaguely remembered what the staff said in the auditorium on the first day.

The phone calls with the trainees families occurred simultaneously in three practice rooms due to the large number.

In front of the practice room, trainees were waiting for their turn along with the staff, and I quietly went to the back row and stood.

"The call lasts 3 minutes. If there is a knock on the door, you can hang up and come out."

I nodded at the office staff's words, took my phone, went into the practice room, and sat down.

"..."

I just played candy crush for 3 minutes without calling anyone.

'It seems like there is no one to call in the future or even now.'

To me, the death of my parents was a long time ago. I died in the winter when I was twenty-five, meaning my parent's death was already over six years ago.

As such, the sadness faded with time. The agony of not being able to eat and not being able to sleep is a thing of the past.

However.

- I will appear on the condition that the interview related to that family affair will not be aired.

Even so, it was not easy to bring them up.

When I expressed my intention to appear in <Design Your Idol>, I made a promise to Director Kwon. That I would not use my family history for broadcast purposes.

-This could be a very important narrative for your recognition or debut. Are you sure about this?

What is the most important thing in a survival program?

Outstanding singing skills, admirable dancing, gorgeous beauty or uncontrollable talent. All those things are essential, but the most important-

Character.

- Yes.

My life was full of misfortune enough to be called a 'narrative of misfortune', and it was actually a card that could be used very effectively in the entertainment industry.

The public, especially TV viewers, is weak to sob stories. Among them, the 'narrative of misfortune' that stimulates the tear glands was always a keyword that would stick to the person forever.

As such, I was a material that fit well with the icon of 'narrative of misfortune' and 'overcoming'.

From an orphanage with missed adoption opportunities, who was adopted at a late age, lost both his adoptive parents and fell out of the debut group due to poor physical condition.

That trainee suffered from depression after the death of his adoptive parents and wandered for a long time, and because of that, he still hadn't escaped from the aftermath.

That's when he appeared in <Design Your Idol> for his final and new beginning despite his collapsed stamina and the slump he hasn't shaken off.

I don't think there would be a character more suitable for survival.

The production team would want to abuse this narrative, and people would naturally accept the presence.