Chapter 89

The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan – Chapter 89

-Isn't there only one thing we have to do? How do you handle this well? How do you commercialize and market it well, and how do you sell it best?

-We are people who worry about such things, and I am just trying to provide you with the best support possible.

Director Kwon's words were not wrong. At every moment, the company has to think about what concept and direction it will present to its celebrity and what opportunities will be available to 'sell' him or her.

However, this must be done with the consent of the affiliated celebrity.

'Isn't it obvious?'

No matter how much they sell people's images, celebrities are still people. Of course, there are stories you want to hide or things you don't want to say, so the company had to sometimes try not to cross the 'line'.

'But at KRM... You cannot always be the nice guy.'

Of course, KRM is one of the largest entertainment agencies in Korea. It is a famous idol house with a long history, where activities for trainees after entering are guaranteed.

But do they keep 'good' treatment towards their idols?

If you asked that question, the celebrities involved would probably try to avoid the topic. It is well-known how KRM treats them and what kind of fights the company has with celebrities who have left KRM.

Nevertheless, with KRM's support, connections, and influence, we can sell 'better' than anyone else in Korea, so we just accept it.

Of course, there were celebrities who could not endure it and eventually left the company, but the ending was not good. Like Yoo Ah-yeon, the original composer of the song I sang in my first-level evaluation.

Yoo Ah-yeon, who was Lumiel's center, left the company because she could not tolerate KRM's sales policy, which seemed to use people as products, but continued to suffer after that.

Not only could they rarely appear on terrestrial broadcasts under the pressure of KRM, but even when they released music, they were pushed around here and there and did not receive proper attention.

Yoo Ah-yeon's activities have recently become more active again, and she has begun to be noticed by the public since she gave up her solo activities and prepared again for a comeback with Lumiel members who remain in KRM.

Hidden behind the comeback preparations was an agreement to return to KRM after the contract with the current agency ended.

It would be no different in my case.

The members who debuted with <Design Your Idol> had to entrust their management to a new entertainment company for five years while working as a project group.

Of course, they did not come out of their own agency. Income was also divided quite complicatedly accordingly.

'A certain percentage of the income goes to the original agency, a certain percentage goes to the company in charge of management, and a certain percentage goes to Anet, which created <Design Your Idol>.'

The agency divided the income percentage to the artist according to the percentage split when signing the contract.

On the agency side, it can be said that it is a profitable business in its own way. Because you can earn a certain amount of income with less work. With that alone, it can be said that the benefits exceeded the effort and cost of supporting the trainees who participated in <Design Your Idol> with all their might.