Chapter 42

The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan – Chapter 42

'Am I going crazy?'

I stared blankly at the system window and thought. To maintain the right to debut until the 3rd ranking announcement. Even Kim Mingi, who eventually made his debut, couldn't stay in top 10 every time.

'... There was one time when you were pushed out of the top 10.'

It was probably during the 3rd ranking announcement, but he said there was a time when he was pushed out of the top 10 before the final stage. Because of that, I made my final debut in a more dramatic form.

It's not just Kim Mingi. In <Design Your Idol>, the ranking fluctuated drastically depending on how much Maehwa trainees performed.

In particular, outside of the top 10, with the exception of a very small number of trainees in the top 10, it was impossible to be sure who would enter the top 10 or who would be pushed out.

'But in the meantime... Until the end, stay within the top 10, achieve the right to debut, and that's it.'

In other words, this was what the system was asking me to do. To maintain popularity by somehow obtaining the screen time  and narrative.

It doesn't want me even dreaming about trying to leave.

"..."

Looking at the still-shining system window, I corrected my thoughts once more.

Whoever created this system and brought me back... That bastard is not the one who gives me 'luck'.

* * *

With the current team composition, the trainees should have immediately noticed what the production crew wanted from our team.

First of all, I, from KRM, and Yu Chanhee, from DIO. It is a confrontation structure that the production team and viewers expect.

On top of this, Hwang Young-oh, who came out of the last team match and kept quiet and ignored each other, was attached. In the last team match, Do Jihyeok and Cheon Serim and Yoo Minseong, who had a war of nerves as the opposite team, became the same team.

Isn't the angle you want obvious here?

'You openly want a narrative of conflict.'

If there is no conflict narrative, that is a more strange composition. This was a message from the production team to us.

'If you want to get the right amount of run time... It's about setting the mood.'

After all, the conflict structure of a survival program is nothing more than creating a narrative. No matter which way it goes, in the end, an atmosphere of reconciliation is created that leaves a feeling of discomfort, and each trainee has both gains and losses.

As much as that, it was important how to draw the line if it was a really unavoidable conflict structure. As much as that, the key was how the trainees figured out that balance and how to get it right.

"I don't want to do this song."

... So, the guy who didn't have this calculation at all could be said to be the booster and brake of the conflict narrative set by the production team.

"Why?"

"... This concept wouldn't suit me. There are many parts I'm unfamiliar with."

Yu Chanhee stubbornly glances at me, making vague excuses. A sigh escaped from his puffy face.