Wrestlemania Surprises ~Sami Zayn~

Bad things always happen when you least expect them, when you finally feel like everything settles into place, another hurdle replaces the old one you've just overcome creating a vicious cycle. That was me, Colbie. February the thirteenth, ironic really, a live event in San Antonio. I was wrestling Alicia, someone who I had worked with for years, when a butterfly suplex landing caused more harm then I could have ever imagined. A torn ACL was the diagnosis, and now here I was in the present day, sat on the sofa in Montreal tuning into the wrestling through the media of television.

Sami had been a rock through the entire time, but the distance and lack of communication just worsened things for me. During such a strenuous time you want your loved ones close to you, but when they're hundreds of miles away it makes the situation ten times worse. How do I resolve it? Ignorance. Sami had an abundance of things already on his shoulders and the last thing I wanted to do was add to his worries, especially when there was nothing he could do about it which would hurt him even more.

Deep down I knew this was damaging Sami, breaking him to pieces. I knew him better then anyone, his tone of voice, his gestures, on and off camera, it was hurting him, I was hurting him. He missed me like crazy, he text me everyday without fail to tell me how he felt. He sent me pictures of him in my shirts, social media accounts sending me photos of him entering the ring in my merchandise, placing a heart in the middle of the shirt with his hands for pictures.

Whilst the injury felt like it took years to heal, Wrestlemania season came around once again. On the Monday before the show Sami won a match to challenge for the Universal Title. I was beyond proud of him, how well he had dealt with our difficult situation, that he managed to still do an amazing job even without seeing me for over three weeks. Tonight was the night, and whilst I was packed with crutches and band aids, I had managed to get myself down to Orlando without Sami having the slightest inkling. I knew I wanted to surprise him from the start, make the moment treasurable even if I wasn't there to wrestle. I was led around everywhere by a member of crew as he eventually led me to a monitor by the gorilla so I could watch the match.

Nerve wracking. I wasn't even participating and it was the most nervous I had ever felt, growing up with someone so passionate about wrestling, about to witness all his dreams come true at once. He picked Kevin up, whipping him into the corner, sprinting at him into a massive Helluva Kick. Kevin fell to the ground, followed by Kevin, as the referee hit the mat. One. Two. Three. I watched the excitable man jump up in the air, and then back down to the ground allowing all his tears to freely fall. I slowly pulled myself up from the chair, balancing myself with the crutches. The curtain was opened for me as I hobbled out. The crowd roared, but Sami was too wrapped up in his celebration to notice. The crowd pointed over to me as Sami's head slowly looked up the ramp and to me. He fell to the floor as a couple of tears rolled down my cheek. I tugged at the hem of my Sami Zayn shirt, then proceeded to move myself down to the ring. "What are you doing here?" Sami screamed over at me.

Sami's POV

One hour before the match...

I tied up my lace, pulling my phone out one last time. I smiled at the background of me and Colbie, one of the happiest days of our lives, our beautiful holiday to Indonesia, travelling with the elephants. My messages were empty which didn't seem right, I hoped even after the lack of conversation she'd at least text me good luck. Nothing. I typed out a message to her, then quickly deleted it. She was probably in pain, or tired, she slept a lot recently. It broke me, anytime I tried to call she'd be fast asleep, resting whilst the pain went away, and when I text, I'd have to wait hours on end for a response, which I understood. But when I had a title match at Wrestlemania, part of me had a glimmer of hope that she'd let me know she was thinking of me.

What if she missed the match? Her lack of energy might have caused her to miss my moment altogether. I understood, but it still hurt. The thought of her beautiful eyes being shut whilst I took part in my biggest dream, our dream.

Colbie's POV

Present Day...

"Did you really think I'd miss this?" I got to the bottom of the ring as a ref helped me up the stairs, and then Sami split the ropes allowing me to step into the ring. Before my feet even touched the floor he had picked me up into a massive hug.

"You're meant to be at home resting." He told me. I could barely hear him over the loud cheers of the crowd, as he settled me back down on the ground, balancing me on my crutches and placing his hand on my hips.

"I couldn't stay at home and watch, I had to be here. I needed to be here." His little smile grew even more, as I looked into his eyes, the first glimmer of happiness I had seen in weeks.

"Gosh I love you!" He screamed, leaning in and kissing me passionately. Behind us I could hear loud confetti guns shoot off, and fireworks exploding around the open top roof. I smiled into our kiss, unable to touch him due to the lack of function I had in my knee. He pulled away from me.

"I love you too," I whispered as we looked up admiring the beautiful fireworks bursting in the sky, topping off what can only be described as an indescribable moment, something that can never be matched. "I'm so proud of you," I whispered into his ear when he poked my upper arm. He nodded to the top of my head, I reached up pulling out piece of confetti, holding it in my hand and then putting it in my pocket. "I'll save it for the memory box." I told him, pecking his lips.

"Do you think this title would fit?" He joked as the show came to an end, and we began to head backstage.

For littleredhearts.