Mixed Messages ~ Finn Balor

I sat around with the rest of the girls, all of us watching the screen as Cass and Carmella stood in the ring.

We were all typing away on our phones, talking amongst ourselves, hearing a knock at the door. "Come in!" Nattie shouted, watching Mark walk through the door.

"Elizabeth, thank goodness you're here. Sasha hasn't shown up and we need a new tag team partner, are you ready?" I looked up at him stunned, straightening my ring gear, throwing my phone in my bag.

"Sure, lets go." The two of us ran out down the corridor, heading straight out to the holding room.  In the background I could hear the muffled sounds of Finn's theme tune playing, giving me a few seconds to sort myself out.

"Thank you Elizabeth, we really appreciate this, you'll see a difference in your pay package this week." I barely had time to smile when my theme tune played, hurrying me out through the curtains.

"And his tag team partner, Eliza!" I took a deep breath, waving out to all the fans, skipping down the ring, desperate not to make myself seem too flustered and stressed.

I slid in underneath the ropes, standing beside Finn. "So you're my tag team partner then?" I smiled, tightening up my ponytail.

"I am indeed. Eliza." He gave me a quick high five, moving us both into the corner of the ring, staring off with the other two.

"I'm Finn." He declared with his thick Irish accent, turning his nose up, staring up at Cass.

"I know," I replied, stepping through the ropes, taking his leather jacket, giving him the chance to start.

I'd never met him in the flesh before, but whatever I saw on camera was so much better in real life. I couldn't quite get over how chiselled his jaw was, or how bright his eyes were, how defined his abs were, it was like he was from another planet.

My eyes followed him the whole way around the ring, making me jump when his hand connected with my arm to tag me in. "You got this," he whispered, swapping positions with me.

I grabbed Carmella's hair, but I still couldn't stop thinking about Finn's smile that I saw every time I looked across at him.

I knew it was wrong, it was like being back at school again when you used to crush on the teenage boy. Finn wouldn't like someone like me anyway.

The two of us carried on, working incredibly well with each other, and most importantly getting the win. Our arms were raised in the air as we briefly celebrated in the ring and then headed back up the ramp and backstage.

"You were incredible out there," Finn said, grabbing the two of us both a water bottle.

"Thank you, so were you," I smiled, taking a gulp of the ice cold water.

"I'm surprised I've never met you before considering you're such an incredible talent. Honestly, I wasn't expecting you to be so good." I didn't know whether to laugh or be offended, but somehow his accent still made it sound as charming as ever.

"Full of surprises, what can I say? I guess I just like to stay under the radar a bit." The two of us carried on walking, not really sure where either of us were going.

"Why though? Why do you feel like you need to do that?" I stopped, dragging him over to two crates sitting him down and then me.

"Because I'm not as beautiful as the other girls, they're all so stunning and I'm just Elizabeth. I'm not as loud as the others, I'm a bit unconventional, I don't fit the stereotype I guess." He put his water bottle to one side, moving a little bit closer to my side.

"Can I tell you something?" I nodded, brushing the pieces of hair that had fallen out back behind my ears. "I think that you being you is the best thing you can do, because all those qualities you just listed make you so different to everyone else."

"Not in a good way though." He rolled his eyes, reaching forwards and taking my hand in his.

"It's absolutely in a good way Elizabeth, you're beautiful, smart, immensely talented, you're so humble and that sets you apart from everyone else."
I didn't really know where to look or what to say, staring down at my shoes, desperately trying to stop the blush appearing on my cheeks.

"You aren't too bad yourself." He giggled, squeezing my hand, trying to get me to look over at him.

"Put it this way, I think after knowing you for just over an hour that you're an incredible person, and actually I'd really like to get to know you more." He smiled sympathetically at me. "In fact, scrap that, I really like you Elizabeth, you're a great wrestler, person, and you're so adorable.

"Finn," I whispered, looking back at him with a shy smile. "I like you too, I'm one of your biggest fans, you're such a legend in this business, and you're most definitely a handsome man." I watched him closely, his weight shifting towards me, his lips planting on my cheek softly.

"See, even if some of the girls aren't your friends, people do like you around here. You're willingness to come out and team with me tonight says it all, I'm gonna work hard on you Elizabeth, I want you to feel incredible about yourself."

"I'll get there, one day, I know there is a reason why I'm here, and a reason why I've met you." He nodded, jumping off the crate, helping me down too, lacing his hand in mine.

"The reason you've met me is because of fate, and hopefully that will continue for a long time."

I didn't really know what to say, I wasn't quite sure how he'd managed to have such an impact on me, stunning me with how much he liked me, and helped me look towards a better future.