To Infinity And Beyond ~ Charlotte Flair {Part 10}

"Reider, you ready for your first Halloween." I looked up twirling the newborn around so he was looking up at Charlotte. I looked in her hands seeing three carrier bags.

"Please tell me you haven't got me a costume." She brushed her long blonde hair out of her face, looking at me with a smirk.

"Don't be like that babe, it's Reider's first Halloween, we need to make it special." I sat him down on the carpet, taking the bag she was handing to me.

I reached down, pulling out a yellow and blue outfit, raising it up in the air. "You've got to be joking. Woody?"

"Oh come on, it's so sweet babe, you'll look adorable." I folded it up, shoving it back in the bag.

"Isn't Halloween supposed to be scary?" Charlotte giggled, shaking her head and sitting down.

"Not for a baby it isn't, it's just meant to be a bit of fun for us all." I ran my hand through my hair, shaking my head. "You love Toy Story anyway."

"Yeah I do, but not for Halloween. I'll have you know I won the best costume award last year for a vampire and now I'm a Disney character." Reider slowly crawled over and grabbed the bag, tearing it apart.

"Alright son don't worry, we'll get to you, look." I dared look at what Charlotte had got Reider. I watched her take the outfit out, holding up a Buzz outfit.

I lowered my head in disappointment at her decision, even though it didn't come as a surprise. "Come on, lets put it on you baby." She laid Reider down, changing his grow into the Buzz character.

I couldn't lie, he looked adorable, all cuddly and sweet. "Alright, I'll give you credit for this one, he does look cute."

"I know, and the fun doesn't end there, because you've got yourself a Jessie too." I rolled my eyes, seeking the final outfit laid out. "We've got half an hour until it goes dark and then we can head out with the stroller."

I got up, taking my costume and changing in the bathroom, slicking my hair back just like Woody would.

I came out and saw Charlotte was already changed with her hair plaited. "Would you look at that, we've just got time for a family photo."

I looked across and saw a tripod set up with a camera sat on top. Charlotte walked over whilst I picked Reider up, holding him in my hands.

"Ready, three, two, one." She ran over, standing by my side, placing her hand on my lower back. "Say cheese!" I weakly smiled for the camera, the bright flash nearly blinding me.

"Can we go out now? All the sweets are going to be gone soon."

"Yeah, just let me grab his pumpkin bucket." She ran into the kitchen grabbing it, leaving me to set the stroller up and strap him in.

"You're telling me that you managed to find Toy Story outfits, but weren't able to find a Toy Story bucket, disgusting." She giggled, leaning up and pecking my cheek.

"Stop moaning, you love it really." I smiled down at her, waking out of the door into the brisk air.

"Did you pack a blanket for Reider, it's not exactly warm out." Charlotte pointed underneath into the little tray where his blue teddy printed blanket laid.

"Where to first?" Our street had about four different ways out, all leading to different trails.

"We don't want to go too far out so we can bring him home if he gets restless." I nodded, veering to the left which was the shortest road.

"How about Jean's house, she loves a visit from us?" Charlotte nodded, crossing us all across the road towards her smaller bungalow. The kitchen light was on, so I knocked lightly on the door.

Charlotte reached in picking Reider up, just in time for the door to open. "Trick or treat," she smiled, bouncing him in the air.

"Oh look at you my precious, don't you all look adorable." She stepped outside and squeezed Reider's cheek making him squirm. "Let me grab you a little treat."

"See, it's not that bad." I brushed her aside, nodding over to Jean who reappeared.

"There we go, some chocolates for you all." Charlotte placed Reider's hand under her's, reaching forwards to put the chocolate in the bucket.

"Thanks Jean. Have a nice evening." Jean shut the door as we walked off her driveway.

"That's eight chocolates for us tonight babe, all thanks to having a cute baby."  I reached in, seeing all the bars at the bottom of the barrel.

"I reckon a vampire would have gotten more though." She reached across and hit my arm with her spare hand.

"Stop whining, or it is gonna be a long night."

We carried on down the street, stopping at all the houses that were decorated so we knew they'd take part. Everything flew past Reider, he wasn't too sure what was going on, but he liked the attention his Buzz gear was getting.

"Maybe we should get going." I looked down at my watch and saw it was nearing eight, which somehow after having a child seemed incredibly late.

"Yeah, I think the little one is pooped." We walked back down the street to our house, as I opened the door, picking the stroller up the step.

"We had a successful night though didn't we," I smiled, kissing her cheek as she walked through the door.

"We did. How about the same again next year?" I could see her eyes light up in anticipation, but I shook my head disappointing her.

"I'm choosing the outfits next year, I'm thinking the Addams Family." I could see her face drop, paying her back for all the laughs I'd got as Woody tonight.

I loved Toy Story, I loved Reider in his Buzz gear, but I don't think this would be a repeating occurrence.

I carried Reider upstairs with Charlotte in tow, laying him down in his cot. "Can we just keep him in that forever," she whispered, taking a few more pictures of him in his costume.

"Something tells me he would start to smell after awhile to be honest darling." She looked up, smirking over at me.

"I know, he just looks like he needs a big old cuddle. Maybe we could enter him into a contest for cutest baby or something." I shook my head, no way was my baby being judged at that age.

"I think he's perfect just the way for now, for our eyes only," I told her, watching his eyelids shut tight, and his thumb come up into his mouth.

"Agreed, she smiled, walking over and hugging me.

For MrLynchTEL