Behind Closed Doors ~ Jey Uso {Part 2}

I sat by Naomi's side watching our boys take on The New Day for the tag team championships, proudly cheering them on as we always did.

The two of us has been going strong for eight months, finally being out in the open gave us new opportunities that I never imagined.

"You know, I'm feeling pretty confident about tonight, the boys have been working hard, I reckon we're gonna have two titles accompanying us home." I couldn't help but admire her confidence and how easily she could just sit and watch.

"We'll see, it's looking pretty equal at the moment." I could never just sit and watch Jey, I'd never feel confident until I heard the three count.

"Can I be honest with you?" I looked across at her, nodding my head, slightly worried about what it was she might say. "I don't think I've ever seen Jey this happy."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you're all he seems to want to talk about at the moment. I've known him for so many years Gabrielle, but at this point, I've never seen his smile so wide." She nudged me in the arm making me chuckle.

"I didn't realise he felt like that about me." On the screen I could hear the crowd get louder, looking across to see what was happening.

"Of course he does," Naomi told me over the commentators, just as Jimmy climbed up to the top rope. "I think this is it."

"Naomi, we don't know that yet." I chuckled, watching him fly off and land on Kofi, lifting his leg up into the air getting the three count.

"I told you! I told you!" I looked back watching her jump up and down in happiness.

"Alright." I giggled, covering my ears from her loud pitched squeals.

I carried on watching, ignoring Naomi's excitable shrieks, watching the twins celebrate then Jey grab a microphone.

"Your boys told you from day one we'd be reunited with our gold, and here we stand your new tag team champs." The crowd booed making the two of us giggle backstage, knowing on the inside just how giddy they'd be.

"We've got a long line of family behind us, and a whole future in front of us, and none more so than your uce right there." Jimmy reached across and slapped his brother's chest.

"Yeah that's right which is why tonight, I'm calling my girl straight right down to this ring." I didn't pay attention to what was being said, feeling Naomi nudge me in the back.

"Girl get out there," she whispered, pushing me off my seat.

"Were they being genuine?" I asked watching her nod in reply. I started walking down the corridor, looking back at her with an apprehensive glance.

"Go see your man," she encouraged waving me off.

I got down to the holding room hearing a producer call for my music to be played as I walked through the curtain and down the ramp.

Jimmy and Jey both gave me a smile, parting the ropes so I could step in. "What's going on?" I asked looking between the two.

Jimmy stepped back into the corner of the ring, allowing the spotlight to fall on Jey. "Gabrielle, I know we've had a bit of a whirlwind to say the least, but I feel right now is the perfect time to ask you a very important question."

"Shut up." He stepped across to Jimmy, the two of them exchanging something, coming back in front of me and lowering down on one knee.

The fans went crazy, breaking kayfabe, screaming and applauding, chanting for me to say yes.

"I love you so much, will you marry me?" My heart was beating at a rate of a million, both our intertwined hands shaking.

"Of course I will." He smiled up at me, sliding the ring onto my finger, standing himself back up, dropping the microphone. His arms wrapped around my neck, leaning down to kiss my lips softly. "I love you too," I whispered up into his ear.

"I bet you weren't expecting that," he teased, removing his arms from around me.

"Of course not." I walked over, stepping into Jimmy's open arms, squeezing him lightly.

"I'm so happy for you both, you're perfect for him." The ends of his damp hair tickled the top of my neck making me squirm, pulling away from him.

"Thank you Jimmy, that means a lot." I climbed out of the ring first, leaving the two of them to share one of their usual hugs in the ring, touching hands with a few of the fans.

They eventually caught up with me, ignoring all the fans, not that they'd kept to their character already, the three of us walking through the curtains to applause.

"Congratulations guys." I looked up and watched Hunter walk over, shaking Jey's hand and then kissing both of my cheeks. "I hope I get an invite."

"Absolutely," I replied, unable to stop myself from smiling, moving around the rest of the room and then walking out to the corridor.

"Come here." I felt Jey spin me around, lifting me up in the air, planting a passionate kiss on my lips where no cameras were around. "I'm so happy right now." I pecked his lips, leaping down.

"I've got to go and see Naomi." Without second thought I ran down the corridor back to where the two of us were, seeing her sat and waiting with a smile.

"Gabrielle!" She jumped off and hugged me tight, rocking from side to side. "Congratulations."

"Did you know?" I asked, pulling back, feeling her grab my hand and take a look at the ring.

"I had no idea sweetie, they hadn't told me anything, nothing in the slightest." I sat back down, her smile almost as wide as mine, as the two boys came back over and joined us, wrapping their arms around us both.

"Love you," Jey whispered in my ear, kissing the top of my head, placing his belt in my lap.