Three Years Later - Shinsuke Nakamura {Part 2}

I never thought I'd hear those words again, the doctor establishing everything I had dreamed of.

All those years ago I never imagined I'd hear those words again, I thought it was it.

As soon as I heard the incredible news, there was only ever one person I wanted to see. Spending any more time in the doctors was the last thing on my mind.

"Alright Imogen, I'll let you go and celebrate." I stood up, shaking his hand.

"Thank you so much," I smiled, walking out of the consultants room and to the car park.

I'd never driven so fast, weaving in and out of the traffic to get home as soon as possible.

Once I'd pulled up the drive, I reached across and grabbed my bag, taking a deep breath to compose myself. I didn't want to come across too strong, but rather opt for a more relaxed approach making sure Shinsuke was the overly excited one.

I unlocked the door, walking in to see him sat on the sofa with a cup of tea. "Hey," he smiled, putting the cup on the table and walking over to me. "How was the doctors?"

"It was good." I pecked his cheek, brushing him aside to put my bag away.

"What did they say? Have they got any news?" After three years I couldn't wait to say it out loud.

"They said I've been making great progress." I walked over and sat down, sitting on the seat beside where he was, which he returned to.

"Is that it?" I shook my head, unable to stop the small smirk creeping on my face. "Imogen?"

"I'm cleared, I'm ready to get back in the ring!" Shinsuke leaped over, engulfing me in his arms. He chuckled in my ear, running his hand along my back.

"You're not joking are you?" He pulled away, placing his hands on my shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"Of course I'm not. He did some basic movements, balance, steps, jumps, he was really impressed. Obviously it's going to take time to build myself back up, but at least I can get in the ropes." I felt his lips land on my forehead, his arms bringing me closer towards him.

"I'm so happy for you Im. You've wanted this for so long." He let go of my shoulder, running his hands through his long black hair, letting out a huge sigh. "When do you start?"

"Woah there sweetheart, I'm still coming to terms with everything. As soon as possible I hope, I can't wait to make up for lost time." He reached across, drinking the rest of his tea.

"Do you fancy going to the gym now? I see no time like the present." I nodded, standing up and running upstairs.

I heard him follow up behind me to get changed, joining me in the bedroom. I slid the wardrobe door open, scanning through everything. My eyes fell on the old black hoodie which had gradually made his way to the back of the pile. Ever since the injury I never felt like I was a part of the company, like I didn't have the right to wear their clothes.

I took the jumper out, sliding it over me, adjusting it so the logo sat perfectly.  I looked across at Shinsuke, watching for him to turn around and catch me in it.

"Gosh that makes me so happy," he whispered, coming over and hugging me again. "You're never going to take it off now are you?"

"Nope," I whispered into his ear, pulling away. "I need to let everyone know as well, tell Vince I'm available, let mum and dad know, tell the girls I'll be back on the road. Everything."

"That can wait, I want you to go back and do what you love right now, put you back in the good mood I've been missing seeing you in." The two of us walked out the room, Shinsuke linking his hand with mine, grabbing the car keys and heading to the gym.

"I don't know what to go on first," I absentmindedly said, staring out of the window out at the houses.

"It's all up to you babe, the world is your oyster once again." I nodded back at him.

"I can't even remember what it feels to do things, ride a bike, run on the treadmill, I've waited years to do all this." I felt his hand land on top of mine, squeezing it gently.

"It'll all be natural once you get back on, like you did it yesterday."

The gym wasn't too far away, and was usually quiet considering we lived in quite a remote area. The majority of people spent their time at the beach, surfing and wake boarding.

"Ready?" I nodded looking over at Shinsuke, climbing out of the car. I looked up at the sign with the familiar logo on, seeing the rest of the car park empty.

"I'm so excited." Shinsuke came up by my side, kissing my cheek.

"Before we go in, let me tell you one thing. If it hurts, you stop. If you want to push yourself, tell me so I'm there just in case. As excited as you are, I want you, I need you to be safe. I love you, and I'm proud of you, so let's get in there and get our sweat on." I stepped forwards, kissing his lips softly, running my hand through his hair.

I pulled away first, grabbing his hand, hastily dragging him into the gym. "Calm down Im, it's not going anywhere."

"I know, but I just want to get started now, my knee is screaming at me." I pushed the door open, looking around at all the machines plugged in. I stopped, taking a deep and overwhelmed breath.

"Here we are, our home away from home." Just beside me was a treadmill, which beforehand wasn't exactly a favourite of mine, but right now I couldn't wait to get on it.

I walked over, switching the machine on, pressing a couple of buttons. "Go careful please, I don't want another three years on the road all alone without my travel buddy."

I peered down, pecking his lips. "I'll be fine, honestly, don't worry."

I slowly began to walk along, gradually increasing the speed. "You don't have to stay you know, I'm sure you've got some weights to lift." Shinsuke stood right by me, staring down at my knee.

"Honestly, I'm fine. I just want to know you're safe." I shook my head with a giggle.

"I'm alright, you'll only be over there, now go." He nodded, spinning on his heels, walking away. I could a little sigh escape his lips, followed by a giggle, as I was finally left alone to get back in the zone I missed so dearly.

For zaynsbalor