The Champ Is Here ~ Baron Corbin

"Babe!" I shouted, running down the corridor as quick as my legs could carry, launching forwards when I felt close enough, feeling Baron's arms clasp around me to catch me. "You did it," I whispered into his ear, pecking his cheek. 

"I can't quite believe it," he replied, his voice breaking slightly. I giggled, leaping back down, keeping my arms around him. 

"So, where's the title?" I looked in both his hands and around his waist but saw no shiny belt. 

"It's currently having my plates put on, but I'm sure I'll get it back soon." I nodded, smiling up at him. "This is crazy." He moved one of his hands from around me, brushing his damp hair out of his face. For the first time he looked genuinely emotional, his rock hard expression had finally been broken. 

"You deserve it, you're one of the hardest working people here." He smiled down at me, a little wider than usual. 

"Thank you sweetie." He moved both his arms back to his side, as I did the same. "You're too good for me." 

"So what does the champ want to do first." His eyes lit up once again shaking his head. "You're gonna have to get used to hearing that now, champ."

"I think I'd just like to spend some time with my lady, shall we go and sit outside." I nodded feeling his hand fall in with mine, his long fingers intertwining with my own, guiding me down the corridor to one of the exit doors. 

"How're you feeling?" I asked despite the answer being obvious.

"I don't even know. I knew that the Battle Royal was special last year, I guess I thought this would be the same, but it's so different, I've never felt emotions like this before." I was yet to experience the buzz of winning a title, but that would never deter away from my happiness for Baron. 

"It'll all hit you like a tonne of bricks soon." He chuckled, nodding his head. 

"I don't think it ever will," he replied, kissing the top of my head. 

The two of us carried on walking in peaceful silence all the way until Baron found the spot he wanted the two of us to sit at. A green space just at the back of the arena decorated with all sorts of beautiful and bright flowers. His left arm wrapped around me as we both sat side by side. 

"Have I thanked you yet?" He asked, making me look back at him puzzled. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, uncertain of what exactly he had to thank me for. "I'm confused." He smiled at me once again, the wind moving his hair back out of the way of his face. 

"Because I don't know what I'd do without you constantly supporting me, having my back, and above all else picking me up when I've been at my lowest making sure I don't give up." I leaned back further planting a soft kiss on his chapped lips. 

"You don't ever have to thank me silly, I do it because I love you." As cliché as it sounded, the moment could not have been more perfect. Even if it wasn't me, being able to sit and watch Baron achieve his dreams was just as incredible, if not more.

"You're too good for me." I shook my head, planting my hand on his chest, pushing him down so his head rested on the grass. With a giggle, I shuffled forwards, leaning back with him using his tattooed bicep as a pillow. 

"You know, now you're champ you're gonna get all the ladies. Fans will scream your name as we walk to the arena, they'll be plenty of signs about you, fan mail, I might have some competition on my hands." His cold hand rested on my cheek which didn't rest on him, running his thumb along it. 

"Shut up, I'm not going anywhere, even with a nice shiny piece of gold around my waist, nothing will ever compare to you still." I felt him kiss the top of my head making me smile. "I don't think a title will make much difference to be honest love, people are still going to think of me as that fat kid with short black hair who used to think he could play football."

"You could play football," I told him, "and to me you were always handsome, you still are handsome." On the inside self confidence was always one of Baron's inner demons, everyone thought he had a confident aura about him, but deep down he never could find the courage to believe in himself. 

"You don't have to just say that." I hit his chest to silence him. 

"It doesn't matter what happened back then now anyway, look at you now. You've come so far from those days, whatever happened in the past cannot be changed." Just as he finished speaking his phone went off in his back pocket. "Watch out," he whispered, slowly sitting the two of us up so he could grab his phone. 

"I'm surprised your phone hasn't gone off more yet." I didn't look as he unlocked it and clicked on his message. 

"Oh I've silenced it for messages, it's just an email coming through." I nodded, watching him scroll and type for a little while. "Anything important?" I queried. 

"It's just the company letting me know my plates are ready." Without second thought I jumped up onto my feet, pulling him up off balance. "Steady darling, the belt isn't going anywhere."

"It's so exciting," I cheered, pulling him towards the door and down to where the belts were usually styled up. "Do you know what is going to be on it?"

"No, but I've got a rough idea. I wanted it to be a surprise." I didn't blame him, seeing your own plates was something special, the true sign that you were the champion. Baron knocked on the door, opening it up where one of the crew stood. 

"Baron, good to see you again." He didn't say a word, he was bouncing in excitement holding my hand in his. "Let me just grab your belt." The man walked over to one of the cupboards, opening it up to reveal his United States Championship, handing it to him. "I'll leave you to it." 

"Oh my goodness," I heard Baron whisper as I followed the man walk out of the room. "Babe, look." I looked across and saw two wolf plates attached to the sides of the belt. 

"That's incredible darling." I whispered, leaning up to peck his cheek, "I'm so proud of you."