Lock And Key ~ Roman Reigns

I sat at the table, falling back in laughter once again at one of Dean's failed jokes. Seth sat beside me, not really sure what the punchline was either. "It was funnier when I told my mum, trust me."

"Yeah, that's not hard." A little blush appeared on Dean's cheeks, embarrassed that he'd managed to build it up into such an anticlimax.

I sat back up, looking over at the door, watching Roman walk in. "I think that is my cue to leave." I went to stand up but Seth pulled me back down, just as Roman took the final seat at the table.

"What's she doing here?" He spat, staring me up and down. I rolled my eyes, turning my nose up at him, shaking my head.

"Will you two just stop it please, this is pathetic. What's even wrong with you two?" The two of us both looked away, staring at different sections of the flooring. "Come on."

"I don't like her, simple as that." I scoffed in disgust at his rude behaviour, looking to Dean for some help.

"She has a name you know bro," he told him, but Roman didn't seem to care.

"Cool, I don't like Annie. She's rude, disrespectful, untalented-"

"-I don't have to sit here." I slammed my hand down on the table, fighting back Seth's resistance. "You know what Roman, I don't like you either. You're cruel, selfish and have no respect for women, I'm done with you and your childish antics."

"Annie, don't be like this." I brushed Seth aside, grabbing my bag and walking out of catering.

"Good riddance," I heard Roman mutter his breath, just in ear shot as I headed back to my locker room.

I sat down on one of the chairs, pulling out my phone, the usual distraction when I was feeling a little down. I didn't want to let it get to me, but he had such a way with words that I couldn't help but let it play on my mind.

My phone vibrated after ten minutes, a message from Seth to be precise.

Will you meet me at my locker in 5? I had something I wanted to tell you before he showed up, it can't wait.

I'd never let Seth down in my life, and now wasn't going to change. I closed my phone down, grabbing my bag and heading down the corridor, arriving at his dressing room.

I knocked on the door, left to be greeted by no response. I tried the door handle, pushing it down to see his room was unlocked and the light was off. He was probably making his way down as we spoke, so I turned the light on, sitting down on one of the chairs he'd left out.

A few minutes passed and his presence was still not in the room, slowly staring to worry me. Was this a joke? Were they all trying to wind me up?

"-bro, this better be quick." I looked up, hearing a male voice come closer towards the door. I first saw the black hair in the doorway, taking a closer look to see Roman stood staring back at me.

"Annie." He coldly stared, not moving at all. I stared back up at him, refusing to budge from my seat, nor offer him my usual friendly smile.

He went to step back to leave the room, but a hand pushed him into the room, hastily slamming the door shot behind him, the sound of a key switching the lock, leaving the two of us in silence in his locker room.

Neither of us wanted to talk, which was to be expected, trying to find our own things to do to avoid each other.

"They aren't going to let us out until we at least talk," Roman told me, looking back up at me from his phone.

"Obviously." He tutted, moving from his seated position on the floor and to sit down beside me.

"Do you want to talk?" I shrugged my shoulders, I couldn't have cared less what he did, switching my phone off to look at him. "Alright, I'll go first, by saying I'm sorry." He trailed off with no explanation, looking at the ground.

"For what?" I pushed, knowing that if we were going to have this talk then I was going toile sure I enjoyed it.

"Calling you names, isolating you from our friendship group, ignoring you, being rude to you, how long do we have?" He looked up and offered me a smile, his eyes for once seeming genuine with what he was saying.

"Thank you for your apology," I muttered, my frown just turning up into a smile, only for a couple of seconds.

"Can I tell you the truth?" He asked, staring back at me, straight into my eyes.

"Sure." He nodded taking a deep breath to compose himself.

"I actually really like you Annie, I think you're a beautiful person." I tried to hold back the blush that I could feel growing on my cheeks. No matter who it was, if any guy wanted to call me beautiful I was going to get excited.

His honesty showed me a different side to him, a sweeter side to him, giving me a whole new look on who he was as a person.

"Can I tell you something too?" I asked, placing my hand over his which rested on his thigh.

"Of course you can," he told me with a much softer tone of voice.

"I like you too, now I do anyways."
He giggled flashing his first toothy grin, leaning forwards and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I wouldn't have liked the old me either," he whispered into my ear, sending an excitable shiver down my spine. His hair tickled my collarbone, remaining there as he pulled away.

He slid his hand out from underneath mine, cupping my cheek, brushing my jawline with his thumb. The close proximity between us left me with no choice but to stare up into his eyes, feeling him move closer towards me until our noses brushed, softly pecking my lips, with a smile plastered across his face.