Fame and Fortune ~ Finn Balor

I lifted our two boys up in the air, being so little the two of them were easily liftable. Finn's music began to play as Sami stepped aside for Finn to step out.

Everyone in the room was dressed gorgeous, the girls in the dresses, and the boys in their tuxedos. The red lights fell on the stage, and the echoes began, followed up by the big crescendo.

Finn walked out to huge cheers, carrying his cue cards as to what he wanted to say. I clapped and cheered encouraging our boys to carry on, listening to their cries for their dad. Finn looked out giving Caleb and Novah a quick wave, before his music fell flat.

"First of all, let me tell you all how humbled and honoured I am to be here tonight, and how proud I am to be your Hall of Fame inductee for this year. I've been lucky enough to have an incredible career before I came here, travelling around the world, perfecting my craft." His speech was broken up by several rounds of applause.

"Mummy, can I go and see daddy?" Novah asked, tugging at my long red dress. I bent down bringing them both into my arms.

"I'm sorry darlings, I know you can see daddy, but he's working right now, wait a few minutes and you can see him. I promise." They both nodded, flashing me their big toothy grins, sitting back down in their seats.

I missed the majority of what Finn was saying, trying to make sure the boys didn't interrupt Finn's speech, even though he wouldn't care at all.

"However, there is only one person that I can truly thank for influencing my career, and that's my beautiful wife Kinley." The crowd cheered, as the boys poked me in the side. I stood up, waving briefly to all the fans, not wanting to take to much of Finn's time.

I blew him a quick kiss, waving to him. "Kinley dedicated so much of her career to making mine better, taking a step back and allowing me to move forwards in mine. Not only that but she has provided me with two of the biggest prizes in my career, my boys, Caleb and Novah."

The two of them stood up upon hearing their names, jumping up and down, loving the attention the crowd was giving them. Finn waved to them, standing back letting them enjoy the volume of the crowds.

"My wife is not only an incredible athlete, wife, friend, but she is honestly the most incredible mother to those two munchkins. She's gone above and beyond making sure they never forget me whilst I travel the world earning money to give them the best life possible. I couldn't be prouder of the little family we've created." I smiled, sitting the two boys back down, reaching into my bag and pulling out their small gaming consoles to distract them.

I knew they wouldn't be able to sit for a long time, aged six and eight who could? The excitement was too much for them, meeting all of Finn's friends, as well as watching Finn get rewarded.

"Last but not least, I want to thank the fans, my Balor Club. Without all of you my dreams would have never come true, and I will forever be in your debt, in gratitude for what you've all done for me. I'm so honoured to be inducted into this prestigious collective of wrestlers tonight with you all." I knew his speech was coming to an end, pulling my phone out and taking a quick photo of him to go in the scrapbook.

"I'll finish with two words for you all, too sweet!" He threw his arm up in the air, every single person in the arena doing the same. I watched Finn closely, smiling at his huge grin at the reception he got.

Sami walked over, hugging his best friend tight, then turning to the crowd and raising Finn's arm in the air, soaking up the applause.

The two of them headed off back around the curtain as Jerry brought the show to a close. The boys grew restless, filling me with relief once the lights went out, grabbing both their hands and running through the doors backstage before we got swallowed by the crowds.

I ran through to where Finn's dressing room was, knocking on the door. "Come in," I heard his thick Irish accent say from the other side of the door.

Novah reaches up, bringing the handle down with Caleb's help, peering round making the childish noises they always did, catching his attention. "Hey boys" he smiled, bending down and taking them both into his arms. I slid in behind them, pulling out my phone and taking another quick question.

The noise made Finn jump a little, and me snigger. "Shut up," he mouthed, putting the boys down so he could walk over to me. He opened up his arms, inviting me in, holding me close. 

"You did so incredibly well babe," I whispered into his ear, nuzzling into the crook of his neck. "I'm so proud of you."

"I meant every word of what I said out there, you truly are incredible, you know that right?" I pulled away trying to hide my blush, nodding my head unconvincingly. "I love you so much Kinley." I leaned forwards, quickly pecking his lips, not wanting to ruin his dapper style with a lipstick stain.

The two of us sat down, playing with the boys and their toys in the room, until another knock at the door disturbed us. We all gathered, following behind Finn some could go and collect his ring.

I stood behind the camera, holding Novah up, trying to block out Caleb's cries to be picked up too. "Come here buddy." I looked to my left and saw Sami crouch down, picking the little one up. "You alright Kinley?"

"Hi Sami," I smiled, leaning across and pecking his cheek. "That speech you made tonight was incredible Sami, it was so special for us all."

"It's all true sweetie, you've got a special man and father on your hands, and I've got a terrific best friend." I nodded in agreement, looking back as Finn walked over to Vince, shaking his hand and collecting his ring. They posed for a couple of photos and then he came back over to us.

"Look!" He showed it off to the two boys who prodded it lightly, unsure as to why Finn was making such a big deal about it all. "I can't believe it, it doesn't seem real."

"It's all real babe, and my goodness you deserve it." I leaned across and pecked his cheek, bouncing Novah in my arms, as Finn led us all back to the dressing room.

For TeamBalor94