Charlotte Part 7 for MrLynchTEL

Charlotte laid next to me, as Reider laid on my chest, his little face staring right into the blue orbs of his mother. "I never thought I could meet something so small yet so beautiful." She was still incredibly tired, constantly wiping the sleep out of her eyes, and trying to hide her yawns.

"We did this together, I always knew we had the good genes." She sniggered a little, watching closely as Eric went to reach for her thumb.

"I think it's your genes really, my dad isn't exactly a looker." I ran my hand through her hair, watching the little hand of my son grip tightly onto Charlotte's.

"I don't think it's my place to say whether your dad is good looking or not." She slowly turned her neck around, trying to wake it back up after laying in the same position for three hours. "Speaking about your dad, how long until he gets here?"

"Any minute now, it's only a three hour journey." I nodded, watching her eyelids flutter lightly, before shutting for a short rest period. I slowly sat up, holding Reider tightly to my chest, shimmying my body out from underneath.

"You get some rest before he arrives," I whispered, kissing the top of her head. She snuggled further into the white sheets of the hospital room, as I walked around the room, shaking Reider lightly to keep him entertained.

I kept looking down at my watch, showing my impatience, waiting for Ric to arrive. Charlotte was desperate to see him since the second she gave birth, and I couldn't wait to see Reider's first moments with his grandpa. "I hope you don't turn out like grandpa, if you've got somewhere to be, you show up on time." Reider yawned in my face, probably telling me to shut up, so I sat down with him in the chair by Charlotte's side, allowing him to take a quick snooze in my arms.

I was left to stare at the four white walls of the room for a while, entertaining myself with the toys we had lying around for him, due to the terrible hospital connection I had no communication with anyone.

After what seemed like forever, the door finally cracked open, as Ric's face popped round with a huge smile. "There he is," he cooed, walking straight over to me and looking down at Reider, running his thumb over the top of his head. "He's gorgeous." I stood up from my seat, stretching across to hand him to Ric. "How's my sweetheart?"

"Tired. She's been trying not to sleep in case she misses anything, but after a while she just couldn't stop herself." He nodded, looking down at the sleeping girl in the bed.

"I've got someone else here to see the little one if that's alright."

"Oh has Wendy come with you, that'll be good." He smirked, shaking his head, as if by magic the door slowly opened again. I looked at the hand that pushed the door open, noticing a rather masculine touch.

"Brother!" I couldn't help but chuckle watching Finn walk through the door with multiple bags of presents in his other hand. He placed them down, then walked right over, hugging me tight. "Congratulations buddy, I couldn't be happier for you."

"What are you doing here?" Finn was meant to be on tour in Canada for the next two weeks, with no possibility of coming home. I could hear his little Irish giggle as he caught his first sight of his nephew, so I pulled away allowing him over.

"Wow has he got his mother's good looks." I smirked down at him, too ecstatic to have him here to be angry.

"Here you go Finn, have a little cuddle with the kid." Finn stood up, his jaw hitting the ground, watching the small figure move closer towards him, and land in his arms. The two guys sat down, pulling several faces at Reider, who barely batted an eyelid.

"He's been so good already, I don't know where he got it from to be honest." He'd barely cried at all, constantly sleeping whenever he got the chance, or staring at people, getting an understanding of people's features.

"I don't think it came from you Eric, no offense." I lightly hit the back of Finn's head, not being able to do anything else seeing as he was currently holding my son. "Ouch!" He screamed causing Charlotte to stir.

"Now look what you've done," I muttered, watching her stretch her limbs out, and once again rub her eyes.

"Dad," she whispered, smiling at her father, who reached across and held her hand. "I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm so happy to be here darling, I couldn't wait to meet your little cherub. You've done so well, he's perfect." She smiled looking around for him to me and then Ric.

"Don't worry, I've got him." She smiled in relief noticing Finn sat beside her dad. "He's got your looks hasn't he." She weakly grinned, still feeling pretty weak.

"I'm not so sure about that, your brother is a pretty handsome man." Even now I couldn't help the light blush that arose on my cheeks. "Thank you for coming to see us too." She slowly moved from her left side so she was laying on her back, grimacing slightly due to the pain she was feeling in her lower back.

"You wanna go back to mummy?" Finn cooed, standing up and resting Reider on Charlotte's chest. She wrapped her arm around him, bringing him up for a quick peck on the forehead. "I've got him a few little presents, baby grows, teddies, bits and bobs."

I walked over to the bags he dropped, rummaging through and picking up one of the grows. "I have the world's best uncle," I read out, reading the orange wording on the green suit. "You're an idiot," I muttered, throwing it back into the bag.

"He's not wrong though Eric, is he?" I shook my head, knowing that whilst I could joke about it, ultimately is was the truth.

"Yeah, he's alright," I teased, sitting on the end of Charlotte's bed, watching as the little bundle of joy went off into dreamland again.