Meeting The Boss ~ Sasha Banks

The line slowly moved forwards, creeping around the block, the volume getting louder.

Having arrived a few minutes late I found myself stood towards the back of the line with the rest of the stragglers.

The majority were unimpressed parents, wishing to be anywhere else but here with their kids who were far too excited to be meeting their idol.

I was dressed in one of Sasha's purple merchandise tops, carrying on the top of my head a pair of golden plastic glasses, an equal resemblance to her own.

Everyone else was in a group, friends, families, random strangers they'd met online, but I was stood alone.

None of my friends really got it, they never saw the interest I did in professional wrestling, nor appreciated the sheer talent these women possessed. 

Every couple of minutes the line would move forwards as yet another hopelessly devoted fan was ushered on by a twenty stone man dressed in black.

I carried with me an old photo of her that I took at a live show from a couple of years ago, a huge smile across her face. She'd never remember it, but if anything else, it would make for a great conversation starter.

After yet another half an hour of checking my phone to pretend that someone had got into contact with me, I was finally there. Next past that red rope would be me.

The guy in front seemed to be taking an eternity, but perhaps that was just the excitement that was running through me. I'd been a huge Sasha fan for as long as I could remember, never missing a match or a feature. I had a collection of articles that I sourced over the years, reading all about her.

Eventually his footsteps moved down the line, as a guy in a suit beckoned me other with a finger. I smiled over at him, but his grumpy expression remained, taking a couple of paces back to give Sasha and I some space.

"Hey there," she cheerily said, standing up from her chair to lean over the table and give me a one handed hug.

"I'm such a big fan." She was probably tired of hearing that from fans, but it couldn't be more true.

"Thank you so much, what's your name?" She sat back down, pulling the lid off of the black fine liner.

"It's Tom." She nodded, reaching across to her left to grab one of the photos on the pile.

"Oh, would you mind signing this for me instead?" I placed the photo on the table, watching her eyes lower to look at it. Her smile slowly grew, bringing it closer towards her.

"Did you take this?" She looked back up at me, catching the nodding of my head.

"It's from an episode at Full Sail. I managed to save enough money to get front row seats at one of your matches at the recording. The time of my life." She giggled, scribbling something down across the photo.

"I'm glad you had a good time, hopefully I'll see you at another live event soon." It was a far fetched idea, but something that always stuck in the back of my mind.

"I hope so." I took the photo back from her, placing it carefully in my pocket, double checking that it was securely in, at no risk of falling out.

"Do you mind if we take a quick photo? Just for the company website." She stood back up again, already leaning in to me before I had chance to answer.

"Sure," I muttered, spinning around to face the camera, offering it my most sincere smile.

"Perfect, well it was lovely meeting you." She sat back down, her eyes wandering across to the next person in line, silently telling me it was time to move on.

I knew the signs, walking off and down the rest of the roped corridor until I hit the great outdoors, feeling the chilling autumn air hit me.

Luckily my house was only a few blocks down, making the walk home short and reflective.

It didn't seem real, it all flew by so fast. She was much more beautiful in real life then I could have ever imagined. Her smile was so wide, and bright, and her hair was just so Sasha.

As soon as I got home I threw my shoes off, reaching into my hand to pull out my phone from my left hand, sliding my hand into my right pocket to try and feel the laminate material, but instead just feeling the jean material.

"Oh please no." I scrambled around, looking down at myself, checking my shoes and the soles, looking closely inside my pocket not seeing any sign of the photo. "For crying out loud."

I sat down on the table placing my head in my hands, scratching at the sides of my head. "How could you be so stupid Tom?" I'd made sure it was safe, I didn't understand?

I felt the vibrations run across the table from my phone. I reached across and picked it up, seeing that Sasha had sent out a tweet.

I unlocked my phone, opening it up seeing that she'd attached a photo. It took a couple of minutes to load, but eventually I identified the same photo she'd signed as the one she'd sent out on Twitter. I didn't know how she'd found it, or where she'd found it, but I couldn't have been more excited.

I quickly commented underneath that it was me, alongside every other hopeful that Sasha would send my photo to them.

I knew it would be a struggle, but I remained hopeful, waiting and waiting until I finally saw her name pop up in my inbox. Without second thought I opened it, sighing in relief when I saw that she knew it was me, and above all else, she was offering to meet me over coffee some time.

My hands were shaking with excitement once again, quickly responding to make sure that she knew I couldn't have been more excited to see her again.