Shinsuke Nakamura for zaynsbalor

"You've got this, remember what I taught you." I nodded, smiling back at Shinsuke, placing my hands over his which fell onto my waist. "I'm so proud of you, I'm so happy you're here." I giggled, leaning forwards and pecking his lips quickly.

"I got to go, I don't want to make a bad first impression." He pulled away from me, then intertwined his hand with mine. "Shin, I just said I got to go."

"I know, but I thought I could walk you down." He was honestly the sweetest, he looked after me like his whole life revolved around me, looking out for me all the time, and making sure I was alright. He opened the door, holding it open for me to walk through, pulling him through after me. "You nervous at all?"

I scuffed my feet along the corridor, wary not to rip my new boots Shinsuke had bought me. "A little, but I'm sure it's all natural. I know how nervous you got when you made your debut too."

"I was terrified, but as soon as my music played I knew I was in the right place." The walk felt like it took a matter of seconds, as we stopped just at the curtains. "This is it," he whispered, letting go of my hand. "I love you," he told me, pecking my cheek, walking away, out of the room, leaving me to take the biggest step of my career thus far.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady the shakes that ran through my body, desperately trying to calm myself down. I was following on behind Carmella, preparing for her match. The first few beats of my theme played, as the crowd's volume increased. It was similar to Shinsuke's but not quite the same, I was my own person, but it was also a little part of him.

I ran down straight into the ring, wanting to get into it as quickly as possible and get my adrenaline pumping, doing only what I could do best. The two of us locked up, as I tried to ignore James' encouraging shouts from outside the ring, focusing on my opponent, just like Shinsuke told me to.

I had her sorted, I'd dominated her completely, I locked her up, whipping her at the ropes, waiting for her to rebound, hearing the dropkick command. I got into the position to take on the dropkick to fall back, feeling her feet lightly touch me, so I fell back, only for her body to fall mid air, landing right on top of me.

As soon as I felt her land on me, I felt a vicious shooting pain in my knee, spreading like a wildfire around the area. I didn't know what else to do apart from scream in the hope the pain would go away. Usually I'd try to carry on, put the show first, but my leg was locked, and I had no possible way of moving.

"Imogen, are you alright." The ref came up by my side, looking down concerned at me.

"No, my knee really hurts." I was trying so hard to stop the tears from falling, mainly from humiliation. Shinsuke had built me up and promoted me to so many people, telling them how I was the best around, and now I was just a disgruntled mess on the floor, cradling my knee.

"The docs are coming now." I watched him stand up and signal the 'x,' as the bell rang. As soon as the bell rang a series of men in black shirts were around me, poking and prodding my knee only making the pain grow.

"Imogen, can you tell me where it hurts?" There was no possible way I could pinpoint it to one area, it was too huge to describe.

"Everywhere!" I cried out, looking down at the stretcher being set up beside me.

"We're gonna get you moved out now, you might feel a bit of pain, but once you get this done you're through the worst." I nodded, letting them move me all they wanted despite the throbbing pain. Sooner or later I'd have to be shifted from the ring, they were live on TV, which was way more important.

They carried me up to the backstage area, walking me straight out to where the ambulance was waiting. "Imogen! Hey, wait up!" I looked up as best I could, watching a frantic Shinsuke run over until he was by my side, holding my hand tightly. "It's all going to be alright."

"I'm sorry," I whispered, feeling horrendous and guilty for all the things he'd done for me."

"You don't have anything to apologise for, lets just get you checked out." I nodded, feeling myself lowered down into a second stretcher in the back of the van. There was a seat beside me which Shinsuke sat on, not letting go of my hand the entire journey, reassuring me the whole time.

I hardly had time to process what was going on, or talk to Shinsuke as I was whisked away to get a number of MRIs on my knee so the problem could be discovered as quickly as possible.

The scan took forever, sending me into a deep sleep making the pain go away. I'd fallen unconscious in such a slumber, dreaming of more positive things, just like how I wanted my debut to go.

"Hey, you're up." I had no clue how long after, but as I slowly awoke, I could hear Shinsuke's soft whispers fill the room. "Im," he smiled, taking hold of my hand again. "How you feeling?"

"Tired," I whispered with a sleepy tone, coughing slightly to clear my throat. "Was everything alright? Have they said anything yet?"

"No, the doctor said he'd be in within a couple of minutes-"

"-Imogen you're awake." As if on cue the doctor walked in, placing his clipboard on the end of my bed. Even by the expression on his face, I could tell there was no way this was going to be good. "So, the good news is the scans have given us a precise understanding as to what is going on." Shinsuke's grip tightened, both of us hoping for some good news.

"And the bad news?" It was inevitable things weren't going to go as smoothly as I hoped, it seemed to be the pattern with me.

"You're injuries are some of the worst we've ever seen, the impact from the landing was a string of incidents which seem to have built up stress in the knee, causing several breakages." I didn't want to hear anymore, feeling the tears already stream down my face, which Shinsuke tried to wipe away. "We're looking at reconstructive surgery, and perhaps a retirement on your part, if not, I'd say you've got a good three years away from wrestling, if you can come back at all." He quickly slid out of the door once he'd finished, leaving me there, a crying mess.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," Shinsuke whispered, leaning forwards and hugging me tightly. I leaned my head on his chest, quickly creating two wet patches on the material. "I know it's hard, but we'll get through this, don't worry."

"I might not ever wrestle again," I cried out, tightening my grip on his arms. "All this work and for what? Nothing."

"I know that it's hard now, but it'll get easier, I promise. I'm here for you, and I'm not going anywhere." I nodded, sniffing back the tears, as they slowly came to a halt. "Come on, we've just got to face it head on, and get through it like we always do."

"I love you," I whispered, quickly seeing my boot still on my decent leg.

"I love you too," he smiled, running his arm along my back calmly.