Out Of The Blue ~ The Miz

I watched him walk past again, his glance briefly shifting past me, lingering a little as he shuffled on his heels to turn around the corner.

"Mikayla, please tell me your eyes aren't saying what I think they're saying." I struggled to tear them away to look back at Nia. I didn't know whether it was her usual stern expression, or whether she was screaming for me to stop.

"I can't help it," I whispered, succumbing to the forceful plea her eyes were sending in my direction.

"He's bad news Mikayla, you don't won't to get yourself involved with someone like him. Ask Dana, look." I looked to where she was looking watching her walk towards us. "Dana, will you please tell Mikayla how bad it is to get involved with Miz." Her eyes widened, looking straight at me.

"Oh, you don't want to do that Mikayla, it never ends well when he's involved."

I wasn't quite sure what it was that he was supposed to have done wrong, if anything at all, but there was something about the twinkle in his eye, and the way he rattled everyone that made me quite intrigued.

"Don't do anything stupid, that's all I'm gonna say. You're grown up enough to make your own decisions, just make sure it's the right one." With one final warning the two girls walked off, muttering between the two of them, probably moaning about me.

I headed down to catering to grab a bite to eat, opening the door to see the room filled with people, in tracksuits or suits.

I grabbed a tray from the end of the line, joining the back to see a man stood in front of me, with his arms folded in displeasure over the time that had elapsed whilst he stood waiting.

I looked down the line at all the pieces of food, feeling a horrid sensation run up my nose. I tried to suffice it, but it was no good, taking my hands away from my tray to quickly cover my mouth whilst I let out an almighty sneeze.

The man in front of me cringed, his shoulders raising to meet his ears. "Not near the food." He warned, spinning around to look at me.

I gulped in fear, noticing the man that the voice belonged to. His eyes stared down at me, the glisten being a consistent feature. "Oh," I smiled, feeling no need to justify myself.

"Sorry. That was rude. Bless you love." I smiled, gripping down on the trail rail to stop myself from toppling over in excitement and embarrassment.

Over the next week the two of us somehow found ourselves always bumping into each other, and whenever he was around I was already catching a glance at him, eyeing up his incredible figure. We were yet to engage in any conversation after my sneezing horror, but I was still holding out a little hope.

All the girls had been in my ear, vying to convince me that I could do way better, reiterating how dangerous he was. I knew they had my best interests, but I couldn't help but want to discover more about him.

This evening was the culmination of weeks of build up, my championship match against Alexa. I'd spent the whole day getting ready, knowing full well an opportunity like this struck up once every blue moon.

It was moments like this that made me pace everywhere, once the nerves began there was nothing else my mind could focus on apart from walking up and down.

After a tough battle, somehow I ended up winning the match, and the women's title that I had been searching for.

Everyone had told me how I wouldn't know what to do, and whilst I didn't believe them, it was only once I got to experience that moment by myself I realised it was true.

The belt was presented in front of me, glistening under the studio lights, the realisation hitting me.

I slowly got up to my feet, caught off guard by a few mutters in the crowd. I scanned the arena the best I could, noticing the majority of the left hand side looking down the aisle.

I looked a little closer noticing a figure come towards the ring, leaping over the barricade without the slightest intervention from security.

Everything finally came together, it was him, he was the one coming towards me.

I stood silent watching every single movement he made, including him sliding into the ring.

He stood up and straightened his suit, moving so he was stood right in front of me. "Congratulations, you did very well." He raised his hand out which I shook, the smirk on his face growing.

All the comments from the girls span around me in that very moment, all the excitement drained from me.

I didn't know what games he was playing, all the warning signals were screaming out at me though, until his chapped lips fell on mine, kissing me softly, tossling the ends of my hair.

I fought hard to resist the urge, keeping my arms by my side until he pulled away.

My lips parted trying to catch my breath, staring up at the emotionless man before me.

His left eyelid dropped into a wink, moving further away and leaving the ring, heading back over the barricade.

All eyes were on me waiting to see how I reacted, filling me with pressure.

There was so many questions I wanted to shout out across at him.

Why me?

Why then?

Why walk off?

I slid out of the ring, speeding up to head backstage, met instantly by the disgruntled faces of the girls.

"I didn't ask for any of this to happen, don't give me that look." They all parted allowing me to continue my lonely walk down to the locker room, trying to work out where we, I, went from here.

All I knew for sure was that the kiss made me feel indescribable feelings, and no matter how much the girls would tell me no, my heart was telling me yes.