Family Seperations ~ Sami Zayn {Part 2}

Nothing could ever prepare you for the feeling of being at the alter, and I was the same. All the things I'd been told only felt broader as I looked across at Sami who proudly stood opposite me. His hands were intertwined with mine, reassuringly squeezing them every so often.

"I love you," he mouthed, waiting for the vicar to begin.

The whole ceremony felt like it was a blur as the initial talk began. All my eyes could focus on was the beautiful man stood before me, smiling widely at me.

The whole day was set up to be perfect, the church, reception, dress, all the typical stresses of the day, I couldn't have dreamed for anything better.

"Does any-" the vicar continued, only to be interrupted by the opening of the doors at the back of the church. Everyone span around to look what was going on, watching a man and a woman stumble in.

"Oh no," I murmured, feeling Sami's grip tighten. There was no way this could be happening, not on my special day.

"Stop!" My dad shouted, straightening himself out so he looked a little more presentable. "Eleanora, come on, you don't want to do this."

I watched closely as my mum moved behind my dad, pushing him forwards to speak. The whole room was filled with murmurs amongst the guests, all in astonishment that my dad had made such a bold move.

"Sami, what do I do?" I whispered, watching my dad move closer towards me, outstretching his hand for me.

"Come home with us where you belong, where you can always be protected." I shook my head, praying this was all some sort of hideous nightmare, as if this sort of thing could happen to me.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered across to him, trying to at least decrease the size of the scene he'd caused.

"He isn't good for you sweetheart, take it from us. He isn't there for you, he doesn't keep you safe, you could do such much better." I shook my head, not believing a word of what my mum said, wishing they'd disappear.

"Excuse me, that is my son you're talking about." I watched Sami's dad stand up from the front row of chairs, crossing his arms in anger. "How dare you come in here, think you can ruin what is supposed to be the happiest day of their life just because you're jealous that your baby isn't your baby anymore."

My dad stepped out a little, widening his shoulders out to look a little more threatening, but I knew Sami's dad wouldn't take any notice. "You don't know my daughter."

"I most certainly do, and let me tell you right now she deserves a whole lot more than you for a parent. You should be happy for her, you should be the one walking her down the aisle, but instead you come here intent on destroying the best day of your life." I couldn't have said it better myself, smiling over at him, giggling as he winked back at me.

"You alright," Sami whispered into my ear, pecking just below it.

"Yeah, I'm quite enjoying this, my dad doesn't know what to do." He giggled just loud enough for me to hear, and perhaps the vicar too.

"You know what, if this is the family you want to be a part of Eleanora then fine, just don't come to us when things go wrong - because they will." I shook my head in defiance, drowning out the nonsense he was talking about.

"You're being very quiet about this mum." I watched her gulp, sliding even further behind my dad.

"I just think you could do better sweetheart, that's all." I knew she'd cower behind him, it was what she did best, allowing my dad to stand up and take the flak whilst she tried to look like the good guy out of the two of them.

"I think maybe you two should leave now, as it's quite clear whatever you set out to do today has not been accomplished." Sami moved out, standing right at the top of the alter, staring the two of them down until they finally began to budge.

"What rude parents."

"How could they do this to their own daughter?"

"Utter disgraces."

I smiled at some of the comments I heard as they walked out, turning back around to look at Sami, straightening my dress back out.

The vicar finally continued, finishing the ceremony, and most importantly pronouncing us as husband and wife, without anymore interruptions.

Once we were finished in the church we headed to our reception, sitting down and preparing for the meal. Whilst there were two empty seats on my side of the table, I knew it was for the best. "You alright?" Sami whispered into my ear.

"Yeah, never been better," I reassured him, leaning across and pecking his lips.

"Good, because neither have I." Sami laced his hand in mine, walking around the room as we began to circulate amongst all the guests. The first duo we came across were his parents, who both hugged me tightly.

"I'm so sorry for what happened."

"You didn't deserve all that," his father smiled, standing back again. "You and my boy are incredible together, and even if your parents don't want you, you'll always be welcome as a part of our family. You're the best thing to happen to our Sami, and now you're married, you're one of us too."

"Thank you," I giggled trying to withhold the tears from falling at their words.

"Maybe today was good in someways, your parents proved themselves as inconsiderate and ungrateful to have such a terrific daughter." I nodded, knowing it was true.

"At least you found me though, I won't let you go anywhere." I rested my head on his shoulder, his lips falling on to my head.

"Yeah, I've got a better family now then I ever could have dreamed of," I whispered, pulling them all in for a new family hug.

For RikaNazy