Untied Holds ~ Baron Corbin {Part 2}

I grabbed onto the blonde ponytail, throwing Charlotte back under the bottom rope with all the strength I could muster.

The crowd chanted and cheered in muffled sounds, clapping and muttering amongst themselves.

I slid in myself, grabbing her feet to drag her into the middle of the ring. Her hair fell all over her face, her eyes rolled back slightly to stare up at the ceiling.

I stared forwards, running my eyes along the top row of the arena. Every single person was leaning forwards trying to see over the others before them.

Just three years ago I'd struggle to see those seats filled, let alone excited.

I grabbed her hair and picked her up with ease, her body was so sore she moulded against me, holding me rather than wrestling me.

I threw her up and flipped her round, perfecting the End Of Days for the very first time in my career.

Baron and I had spent weeks working on it, hoping that it would be used in a moment like this.

Her head rebounded up off of the mat, as the rest of her body lay motionless before me. The fire in my belly grew, as my knees hit the mat, my arm stretching out across her chest, my hand gripping tightly onto her leg.

One. Two. Three.

My eyes shut tight in the realisation that I'd finally done it. Everything around me descended into noise, the crowd, Charlotte's deep breath, my music, and above anything else, the voice of JoJo.

"Here is your winner, and the new Smackdown Women's Champion, Kiera!" I could hear those words again and again, the dreams of my five year old self finally coming true.

Slowly, I rolled away from Charlotte to stand myself up. I knelt on the mat, my eye caught by a glisten. The referee stood in front of me, holding the blue belt out in both his arms.

The smile on my face grew, the noise of the crowd turned up a couple more notches.

My hands timidly reached out to bring it into my chest, refusing to ever let it go. "May I have your hand?" He asked.

I nodded, keeping the belt in my right arm, my stronger arm, my more protected arm, allowing his hand to intertwine with my left to be raised in victory.

Around me I could hear the snaps of the cameras, the thought of seeing all the captured memories tomorrow morning exciting me.

A few fans in the front left section of the crowd caught my eye, holding up their banners in support of me. Two small girls were jumping up and down, waving and cheering at me.

I smiled down at them, walking over to the turnbuckle closest to them, climbing up and raising my belt in the air.

The two of them stared at me in awe, a familiar sight of what I once was too. Perhaps one day maybe they'd be in the ring just like me.

I looked up to the furthest point possible of the arena, all the people still standing as my theme broke away.

I'd lost count of the minutes I'd spent staring around at everything taking it all in.

I took it as a hint to speed things up, leaping down from the turnbuckle to hear a new piece of music play.

The revving of the motorcycle drew me in to look up the ramp, watching the lanky figure walk round from behind the curtain.

Even now he still managed to look so unimpressed, taking his strides casually down the ramp and towards the ring.

I felt a few shivers nervously run down my spine, there he was, right here for me. I'd never really had a moment like he had in the company thus far, and now we were both able to share a joyous occasion.

He climbed in between the top and middle rope, but stopped once his legs joined together again.

"Hi," I whispered, hoping for him to at least move forwards and at least give me a hug, but he didn't even move, except for a slight swing in his left hand, where I spotted a microphone.

The crowd politely quietened down without a single word from Baron, waiting until the last breath of anticipation had been drawn to begin speaking.

"Kiera," he began, shaking his head a little to move his hair back. "Well done my darling, you're finally champion for the fans."

They all erupted again, causing his head to snap left and look at them all, glaring at them until they fell tranquil.

"But you've always been my champion, my best friend, my rock, my confide, my love." He took a small step towards me, showing the first signs of a smile.

He took a long pause, his eyes not deterring away from me at all.

I wasn't sure what it was I was meant to be waiting for, or doing myself, standing there awkwardly whilst he slid his hand into his pocket.

It was a nervous habit of his to do when his anxieties began to play up, thinking nothing more of it when the mic rose up to his mouth again.

"I couldn't think of a more perfect time," he muttered, staring off into the distance as he lowered himself down onto one knee before me, taking his nervous hand out of his pocket, clasped around a velvet box. "Kiera, will you marry me?"

My left hand covered my mouth in shock, a little giggle escaping my red lips. His eyes looked up pleading with me to accept, he'd never be able to live the humiliation down if I did decline.

I couldn't help but toy with him, looking out at the crowd as they did their favourite 'yes' chant. I nodded my head back at them, turning back around to look at Baron. "Yes, of course I will."

His smile finally widened, although mainly out of relief. His shaking hand took mine, sliding the diamond ring he'd selected onto my wedding finger.

With a little groan and a crack of bones he stood back up, placing his arms on my shoulders to rest on my much smaller frame. "I love you," he sincerely whispered.

"I love you more," I replied, stretching up on my tiptoes to plant my lips softly onto his.