All Competition ~ Kevin Owens

"Good luck."

The last words I heard before walking out to the ring, stepping out only to see a male figure stood awaiting me in the ring.

I couldn't lie, I was so ready for the challenge, the thought of taking on Kevin Owens seemed like the best thing in the world - a chance to take women's wrestling to a new level.

I strolled down the ramp with the confidence I always carried, touching hands with a few fans, keeping my eyes firmly locked on Kevin's.

There was no way I was going to let this match go, I had to make a stamp, stand on my own two feet, showcase my own talent and abilities.

I stood back, listening to the crowd chant my name, instantly filling me with the adrenaline I searched for when in the ring.

We both stepped forwards, locking up to begin the match. Obviously, Kevin was the stronger of the two, but if I stayed smart then I was in with a chance.

I had to use my twinkle toed feet to get around his grasp, transitioning into the slightest of manoeuvres to be in with a shot.

Kevin carried the upper hand to begin with, but let it not be said I wasn't putting up a fight.

No matter what I knew I'd revolutionised this evening, as I climbed up to the top rope, watching Kevin climb back up to his feet.

I waited until his eyes were firmly set on me to await what I was going to do, leaping off to feel his arms catch me, slamming me down onto the mat for a power bomb.

But, what I wasn't expecting was for him to buckle, dropping me straight onto my right side, leaving my body weight to balance solely on my elbow.

I turned onto my back, screaming and stamping on the mat, watching the referee throw up the sign to cancel the match.

"Ladies and gentleman, due to an injury suffered by Ticci, this match has resulted in a no contest." The crowd didn't seem to care, instead they were all focused on me instead.

Within a matter of seconds I could feel Kevin's presence beside me, his eyes filled with concern. "I'm so sorry."

I rolled my eyes, watching him lean further across me, looking at me as if I was about to pass out. "Get out of my face," I spat, trying to brush him aside with my left hand.

"Ticci, just know I'm sorry, where does it hurt." I bit my tongue, praying for some sort of doctor to show up. "Do you need anything."

"For you to go away." The pain only worsened, probably from the figure by my side, throbbing for some sort of attention.

The wait felt like it took forever until a doctor finally appeared, coming straight over. "Sir, if we can move you please."

"No, I'm with her." I snapped to the right, staring across at Kevin.

"No you aren't, get lost." He nodded, pouting with sadness, slowly moving back and out of the ring.

I looked back at the doctor, blocking Kevin out of my mind, ignoring the image of his face that sat at the back of my mind.

"Alright, Ticci, it looks very much like a broken elbow to me, it's definitely going to be a trip to the hospital." I nodded, not completely surprised.

I slowly moved myself towards the ropes, sliding out of the bottom of the ropes with the help of a few of the crew, clutching my arm and walking up the ramp.

As soon as I walked through the curtains I could hear the sympathetic applause of everyone, trying to make me feel better.

I walked through the producers, heading backstage to see the girls grouped around waiting for me.

Once my eyes fell on all of them I couldn't help the tears from falling, regret, disappointment, fear. I was representing them all and I'd failed. "I'm so sorry," I whispered feeling them all lightly wrap their arms around me.

"We are so proud of you."

"You did incredible."

"You were great."

"Get well soon." They all let go of me, allowing me to carry on walking, turning around the corner.

"Can we take a moment?" I asked the doctor, lifting myself up onto a crate. He nodded, stepping back to give me my own space.

I sat down leaving me to let my tears freely fall, running my left hand through my hair trying to brush it away from my vision.

"Ticci?" I looked up watching Kevin walk over to me again, the same sadness visible across his face.

"What do you want?" I moaned, staring down at the ground, feeling him move along and sit down beside me on the left.

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry, I can't apologise enough." I was too tired to even argue at this point, the emotion drained out of me.

"It's cool, you know, no biggie, just a few broken bones." I heard him sigh, the guilt clear in his voice.

"What happens now?" I looked up at him, trying to find some sort of smile in him.

"I'm just about to head to hospital."
He nodded, turning away again. "They've got a few scans to do to find out the extent of the damage."

"Are you going by yourself?" He moved back a little bit, grabbing the jacket that he carried with him.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't mind some company." He looked hopefully up at me, the corners of his mouth finally turning up.

"Is that an invite?" I nodded giving him a smile in return, jumping down the best I could.

"Come on." I outstretched my hand feeling his slightly sweaty hand lace in with it, leaping down and trailing behind me over to the doctor who was sat waiting.

"Are you all sorted?" I nodded, watching him stand up, taking me out towards the ambulance to take me over to see just how much damage I'd done.