Above All Else ~ Bayley

You remember when you were little, let say aged eleven, and there is that one person that you meet who sticks with you for the rest of your life. The way they look, make you smile, or how there laugh never leaves your side. That was me, and Bayley. My high school sweetheart, she just didn't know it yet. My best friend for over a decade, my companion in the WWE. I'd watched her grow and blossom, until she met Aaron. You know when you know, how the way she is treated just isn't right, the looks he gives him should not be received by any woman, or the way he touched her all of the time.

"Bayley, this isn't right, look at the way he looks at you." Over and over again I tried to open her eyes and make her realise there were bigger and better things out there, if she just opened herself up to new opportunities instead of restricting herself to Aaron. If only she understood that everyone cared and was looking at for her, but the manipulation Aaron held over her meant she was never going to realise.

We were sat in catering, Bayley, Aaron, Sasha and I. There was a lack of conversation between us all as Aaron tended to just whisper in Bayley's ear all the time. Me and Sasha watched on, exchanging glances from time to time. I watched him as she pulled her arm and moving her over to him, leaning into her ear. I wasn't able to catch what he said, but from the disgusted look on her face it wasn't good. "Go and do it for yourself for once, you don't need me to be your mother as well."

"Don't speak to me like that, go and get me it." I stared at him as he took in a deep breath bellowing down at her. Bayley shrunk down in her seat, watching as Aaron leaned closer into her. I couldn't sit there and watch my best friend be intimidated like that.

"Alright mate, what is it you want, I can go and get it." He slowly turned his head to look at me, as Bayley sat upright.

"No Nicholas, don't you worry, I asked the girl to go." I shook my head, biting the inside of my lip in frustration and anger.

"The girl has a name!" I warned him, protecting Bayley and at least trying to speak about her like she was actually present. I looked over at Bayley who was smiling wide at me, the biggest smile I had seen on her face since she started dating Aaron. Her leg touched mine as a way of thanking me without him noticing. Aaron stood up, sliding his seat back, leaning across the table.

"Don't correct how I talk, she's my girl." I shook my head, refusing to give in, standing up to match him. He walked over to my side of the table, standing right in my face. I refused to back down, continuing to stand tall. "Oh, someone's a big boy." He said sarcastically, his awful breath hitting my face.

"Someone is looking out for Bayley, which is more then what can be said for you." As soon as I said it I regretted it when I felt two hands grab my collar pulling me up off of the ground. I shuddered slightly at the space between my feet and the ground.

"Aaron! Get off of him." Bayley and Sasha ran over, pulling Aaron off me as I dropped to the ground. I pulled my shirt straight, watching as he walked away out of the room. "I'm so sorry!" Bayley told me, launching into my arms and hugging me tightly. I felt the back of her hand touch my neck, fiddling with the bottom hairs on my head.

"It's alright, it wasn't your fault." I whispered into her ear as she pulled away.

"I'm done with him anyway." I nodded as the three of us headed back to our locker rooms for our matches. I couldn't help but think all evening of Aaron and the things he would have done to Bayley. I could hardly focus on my match, walking out of the ring wanting to find Bayley as soon as possible to make sure she was safe. "Hey!" I turned around and saw Aaron running up behind me, taking me down on the ground. Luckily my wrestling background meant I was able to fight him off, but he managed to get in a good few punches too before we were separated by passers by. I stood up looking at the red cheeked guy. "You stole her, she was mine." I shook my head at him. "Don't you dare! She loved me."

"She didn't love you, she was just a little object to you, you're a horrible, vicious, spiteful man." He went forwards again, but was pulled back just as Bayley came over.

"What's going on?" She asked coming over and standing by my side.

"Let go." Aaron commanded as the three of us were left. He walked over right in front of Bayley placing his hands on her hips.

"Baby I'm so sorry, please come back to me." Bayley folded her arms, shaking her head.

"No way! We're done. Tonight you made me realise that I don't want a man like you in my life, I need a proper gentleman, just like Nicholas." I blushed at her words, staring at Aaron, full of confidence. She turned to face me, pushing Aaron's arms off of her.

"How about me and you go on a date Nicholas? Show me who a real man is?" I nodded seeing Aaron's hand fly right in front of me, catching his fist and bending him around.

"You really don't want to do this." I warned getting close to his face. He kicked my mid section, so I grabbed his head, throwing him down on the floor with a quick kick and powerful punch. I looked over at Bayley who was smiling giddily. "Maybe we should get out of here," I told her as Aaron stirred on the ground. Bayley laced her hand in mine.

"Thank you so much for protecting me, I really appreciate it. I can't wait for our date." I smiled over at her.

"I did what any real man would do, and neither can I. I'm just glad to see you out of his life now, and finally happy again like you were all those years ago."

For MrFastMan99