Mom ~ Seth Rollins

A/N - Requests are OPEN! If you would like a request then please inbox me!

"Hello." I smiled to myself hearing the soft voice on the other end of the line, following up with a little cough due to the tickle in his throat.

"Hey babe, you alright?" I sweetly spoke.

"Yeah, I'm just at the gym." I rolled my eyes, I didnt expect him to be anywhere else, he lived in that place at the moment.

"Do you have any idea when you'll be home?" I queried, grabbing my phone as I saw the screen light up.

"About an hour. We don't have any plans do we?" I chuckled, shaking my head even though he couldnt see, unlocking my phone to see his mum had text me.

"No, I just wanted to see your face." He let out a sick laugh, filled with sniffs and heavy breaths through his difficult illness.

"Well get off the phone and then I can get home sooner." I giggled, clicking on the message, reading it through quickly, not really taking much of it in.

"Alright, love you," I sang down the phone, stretching my 'u' sound out, knowing full well how much it irritated him.

"Love you too." The long beep that followed on caused me to quickly remove the home phone from my ear, placing it back on the table where we kept it.

Once one phone was down I finally picked up the other, pressing on the green phone icon rather than typing back and forth. Holly and I had been in communication for weeks with each other behind Seth's back, discussing a few things, planning for the future.

"Hello," her soft voice spoke down the line after just a couple of rings. "Stef, I'm nearly here darling, have you got a taxi booked for me?"

"Yes, don't worry, it's one of my friends so they will definitly be there." If there was one thing Seth got from his mother it was his ability to worry about the slightest of things.

"Brilliant. And he still has no idea does he?" I chuckled, walking over to the breakfast island, sitting down on the high raise stool.

"No, he's at the gym right now, he's gonna be about an hour, we've got plenty of time to get you here." In the background were the muffled sounds of the train running along the tracks as she travelled.

"I just want everything to be perfect," she sighed letting out a big deep breath.

"Don't worry I'll make sure of it." I knew she'd still panic no matter how many times I tried to reassure her.

"Alright, I'll see you soon." I hung the phone up, sliding it into my back pocket, double checking the house one final time.

Twenty minutes later and there was finally a light knock at the door, which opened to reveal a beaming Holly stood with her suitcase. "Stef!" She cheered, dropping her luggage.

"Hi Holly." Her arms quickly wrapped around my neck pulling me into a motherly hug. "It's so good to see you."

"And you my dear," she replied pulling away from me.

"Come in. Come in." I took her case, lifting it up and into the house, moving it out of the way of the doorway.

"I always forget how beautiful this place is," she complimented, looking all around our open plan home.

"It's one in a million." I headed straight into the kitchen, feeling her presence follow behind me as I put the kettle on.

"We've got so much to catch up on, even without Seth." I grabbed two mugs from the side, sitting out two mugs of tea.

"Not much has been happening here, unless Seth has been keeping secrets from me again." She giggled nervously at me.

"Why has he been keeping secrets?" I chuckled trying to assure her that it was only a joke.

"Of course not." I carried on with my jobs sensing the tension in the room, dancing around Holly to grab the milk and get her favourite biscuits I had
bought.

"So when's my baby boy home?" She asked as soon as the mug was placed in front of her.

"Any minute now I guess, he's always home earlier than he says he will be."
She nodded, wrapping her hands around the mug feeling the steam.

"My hands are always so cold these days." I giggled, struggling to relate to having cold hands.

The two of us sat and made small talk, chatting about our lives and any gossip we had about the people we lived near.

In the background of listening to Holly talk about Norma's dodgy bowels I could hear a car rev outside, trying to look out the window to see if I could view the car.

A few moments later the lock of the door turned, opening to reveal a sweaty Seth. "I'm home!" He shouted, looking through to see me.

"Hey," I smiled watching as he walked through the halls towards me. "How was the gym?"

"It was-" his jaw hit the floor once his eyes fell on his mother sat at the opposite side of the island.

"Surprise!" She shouted, leaping up out of her seat to walk over and wrap her arms around Seth.

"What are you doing here?" He asked holding her tightly, never wanting to let go.

"Stef said you'd been feeling homesick, so here I am." He chuckled, pulling away and giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Well I for one am ecstatic that your here Mum." She nodded in agreement as they both turned to look at me with huge smiles. "Thank you," he whispered across at me.

"You deserve it," I replied, downing the rest of my drink, already feeling in my throat how much it had cooled.

"It means a lot doesn't it Seth," his mother added, sitting back down to have her drink.

"Yeah it does," Seth said, walking around the island to wrap his arms around my shoulders, resting his head on the top of my head. "I can't believe the two of you went behind my back to do this."

"Where's the fun in just telling you?"
I asked, leaning up and planting a soft kiss on his jaw.

"Touché," he giggled knowing that he'd been done this time around, cuddling into me whilst staring across at his mother's wide smile.