Roman Reigns for Marybanks001

He had absolutely no idea, just the way I wanted it. Nothing had ever been resolved, answers had never been given, and I was searching, but everything fell into an empty space. I'd been chasing my dreams to try and empty my mind, and with Dean's help I was finally there.

He grabbed hold of my bag for me, carrying it into the arena, and opening up the door to my whole new life for the first time. I smiled at him, looking around at the hundreds of cables scattered around, and the busy minds rushing around. This was it. I was where I wanted to be. "Alright, so I've got meetings this morning, but let me introduce you to my two friends, they'll look after you." I nodded, following behind him to one of the larger locker rooms. He opened the door up straight away, allowing us both in.

"Mariah, this is Seth, and this is Roman." I looked up first at a guy with black hair down to his shoulders. He waved over at me, so I waved back, feeling slightly uncomfortable, so I looked over at the other guy, instantly gulping with regret. Roman looked over at me for the first time in three years, as I stared back at him. Neither of us said a word, only stared at each other, as the years of waiting and questioning built up to this moment. As I looked up at the beautiful eyes that I fell in love with all those years ago, I slowly felt the tears rolling down my cheek. "Wait, what's wrong, why are you crying?"

"Look, Dean, the thing is, me and your sister may know each other from before." As soon as I heard his voice I could hear the cracks of my heart breaking, the soft tone that used to send me to sleep, made me zone out completely.

"She's not listening," I heard Dean say, snapping me out of my dream. I didn't want to be a burden on the other two, so shot out of the room, and sprinted down the corridor to somewhere a bit quieter.

Roman's POV

As soon as I saw it was Mariah I didn't know what to do, or say. I'd always wanted to find her and offer her some sort of explanation, but the moment never seemed right. I went through in my head with things I could say, but as I looked up to begin what I was saying, I noticed the door slam behind her.

Dean stepped forwards, but I grabbed his arm. "Mate, that's my little sister, please let me go." I shook my head over at him, usually I'd say yes in a heartbeat, but despite him not knowing, I knew this was my mess to clear up.

"Honestly, let me." He stepped back and opened up the door for me to leave the room. I didn't know which way she went, or where she could have gone, so went off to the left in a hunt to find her.

I walked around for a bit, but eventually heard her quiet sobs on the other end of the door to one of the women's rooms. I knocked lightly, opening up, luckily knowing she wasn't sat resting on the door. I walked in and saw her curled up, her knees brought up under her chin. I sighed and sat beside her, but she moved over slightly. "Mariah," I whispered.

"Don't say my name," she replied, stunning me by how angry she was. She had every right to be angry, she'd been angry for the past three years, but I'd never heard her angry before, I'd just listened to soft and girly Mariah.

"Can you at least let me talk?" She looked up, the red puffiness around her eyes sending me all sorts of feelings of blame. I had caused those tears that fell down her face, and now here I was trying to make everything better. She slowly nodded, looking back down at the ground, waiting to hear everything. "I'll never deny what I did, yes I cheated on you with Charlotte, and no I'm not proud of it.

Mariah's POV

My heart twanged at the little reminder his words sent me, the flashbacks of when I found them in our shared bed together all those years ago. "I never wanted to hurt you, I loved you. You always talked about the future, and I couldn't wait to share it with you."

"Then why? What made you want to throw all that away." I refused to look up at him, knowing it would make the tears fall all over again.

"I was scared and I was confused. I'd gone three weeks without having you by my side, and I know it isn't an excuse, but I had needs. Charlotte was there, a shoulder to cry on, but the feelings of contact with a girl after those weeks, sent my mind into such a frenzy I lost control, and made the biggest mistake of my life." I felt Roman's hand lie across the top of my neck.

"I'll never forget you know." I looked up as he nodded down at me. "I wish you'd have stayed, told me everything like you just have, maybe then I could have a better understanding, know where you're coming from, because I do. I had those feelings to, when guys used to approach me, and it took so much not to just kiss them because I missed the feeling of a kiss." Roman's hand landed on top of mine, squeezing it gently.

"Is this your way of saying I'm forgiven?" He lent down and whispered right into my ear, sending all sorts of shivers down my spine, just like he always used to. I looked over with a giant smirk on my face, nodding my head. "Oh my gosh." His hands clasped around me, squeezing me tighter then he ever had before. "I love you Mariah, I love you so much."

"You've got one chance Reigns, just try not to blow it." He nodded, pecking my lips, careful not to move too quick too soon. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling up at those beautiful eyes I had missed so dearly. "I love you too by the way," I whispered, pecking his cheek.