Family Dimensions ~ Sami Zayn

"You feeling alright?" I looked across at Sami, nodding my head. I looked down, resting my palm on top of his as we pulled up outside the house.

"How are you feeling?" He turned the engine of the car off, opening the door.

"I don't know, I think I'm excited more than anything to be honest." I got out of the car too, walking around to his side and lacing my hand in his for support.

I led him across to the front door of my parent's house, knocking lightly on the white door. I felt Sami squeeze my hand one last time, as the door slowly opened to reveal their two smiling faces.

"Eleanora! Sami! It's so good to finally have you here." Both of them stepped outside, taking it in turns to hug us, then allowing us in, leading us into the front room.

"Take a seat wherever you want guys. Can I get you a drink?" The two of us looked at each other with a quick smile.

"I've got plenty of beers if you want one Sami," my dad chimed in. His eyes lit up, nodding his head in acceptance. "Sweetie I'm sure your mother has some wine she can pour you."

"Oh no dad! I'm fine with just a juice thank you." I could feel Sami's stare on me, as my dad furrowed his brows at me.

"Are you sure? You always have wine." I nodded, watching him walk away, turning to look at Sami.

"That was close," I whispered, giggling at his smirk.

"I know babe, but it's alright, it'll be out in the open soon." I nodded, looking up as the two of them walked back in, handing us our drinks.

"So Sami," my mum began, taking a seat opposite us in the armchair, "my baby tells me you're a wrestler."

"I am indeed. I've been wrestling for decades, and I'm currently with WWE." Out of the corner of my eye I could see my dad signing and rolling his eyes.

"Well that's...um...different." I knew my mum was always disgruntled on wrestling, how fake it was, and how Sami would never be at home to protect me.

"Have you won any belts?" I could see Sami's heart drop a little at the subject of titles, something he'd been lacking.

"I won one once, in developmental. NXT?" My dad shook his head, as did my mum.

"Never heard of it." My mum coldly told him, taking an awkward sip of her drink.

"So anyway, there is a reason I brought Sami to meet you guys today." I interjected quickly, changing the subject onto a more positive note. "Sami and I are having a baby."

I looked between them both, expecting the usual cheers and hugs, but instead they both stayed still. I could feel my heart beating rapidly, knowing Sami's would be a whole lot worse.

"You're serious?" My mum asked, running a hand through her hair. "You two, parents?"

"I'm really excited Mrs SaintClare." My mum's mood only worsened, the tears in my own eyes beginning to form.

"How would you be able to call yourself a father Sami? You'd leave Eleanora alone for several weeks of the year whilst you get yourself battered and bruised." I cringed at the harsh tone in my dad's protective voice, the guilt wracking for Sami.

"I'd be providing for them-"

"-providing? Providing what? An early death, a visit to hospital." I shook my head, wishing the discussion would disappear. "Eleanora, you're being awfully quiet about this."

I cringed hearing my name, sniffing back the few tears that were surfacing. "I don't see what the problem is, Sami and I have been together for a year, we are really close, and happy about this pregnancy."

"Sweetheart, he's just going to abandon you to go back to his rock and roll wrestling life, don't you realise?" I knew Sami, and I knew what he was like, he was never one for all the stereotypes, he was a quiet and adorable Canadian.

"I'm sorry dad, but I think Sami will be a terrific dad, I struggle to see why you're so upset. I thought you'd be happy, you're going to be grandparents for crying out loud." My voice cracked throughout, eventually leading to the build up of tears to freely fall.

As soon as the first tear fell, Sami was right by my side, wiping it away with the sleeve of his jumper. "Now look what you've done," he scolded them both. "Why can't you just be parents, be happy for your daughter. This is meant to be an exciting time for her, but you're just making her feel terrible."

My dad slowly rose to his feet, standing in front of Sami. "Get out of our house," he bellowed, standing over him. I felt his grip slide out of my hand, watching him stand up.

"Gladly." He replied, pulling the keys out of his pocket. I, on the other hand, remained sat down, feeling everyone's eyes watching me.

I knew for my sake and the baby's there was only one solution to this. I gulped, wiping under my eyes then standing to my feet. "Eleanora, don't do this to yourself, stay at home where you belong."

Despite my mother's pleas I knew that I couldn't walk away from Sami just because my parent's and I had varying opinions on him.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, keeping my gaze firmly on the ground, as Sami led us both out of the house.

I took the door handle, slamming the same white door we'd walked through only an hour before shut. I wanted to scream, cry out as to why things just couldn't be fair, why couldn't everyone like everyone.

"Sweetheart, it's alright," I heard Sami whisper, nothing that I'd stopped walking. I looked up at him, noticing him walk over so he was in front of me. "I love you," he whispered, pecking my lips softly.

Once I felt his lips connect with mine, I knew I'd make the right choice. I wasn't going to allow my parents to control my perceptions on life, I had to stand on my own two feet.

"I love you too," I replied, walking over to my side of the car, climbing in to sit in the seat.

I looked back up at the house, noticing my parents standing in the window, staring at me with disappointed glances. I weakly smiled, running a hand through my brown hair, letting out a deep sigh of relief.

"Things won't be like this forever darling, they'll see, I'll work on them, we have to stick together, and that we will." I nodded over at him, placing my hand back on top of his, not taking my look off my parents as we pulled away from their house.

For RikaNazy