Adopted By The Dark ~ Kane and The Undertaker

I laid with my back up against the door feeling yet another harsh strike hit my body. I looked up at my father, moments after walking through the front door, the fire in his eyes sending shivers down my spine. Smackdown had just finished in my hometown and I thought my dad would appreciate a visit from his daughter, yet how wrong was I?

His left arm slowly raised as without second thought I grabbed my bag from across the floor, slamming into his leg. Luckily being so close to the door meant whilst he stumbled I could grab my bag again, running out of the door and along the street.

I ran and I ran until I finally felt safe. I stopped on the corner of one of the roads to catch my breath. I propped myself up against the brick wall, leaning over slightly. "Woah." I looked up to see two men stand in front of me, coming round the corner too. I looked up immediately recognising the figures, hoping they would brush me off. "Hey, aren't you the new girl?" I looked up, knowing that there was no point trying to object.

"Yeah," I whispered, standing back upright.

"Arabella isn't it?" I nodded over at Kane, as they both tentatively smiled at me. I watched him closely as he looked down at my arm. Instinctively I pulled my sleeve down, only to already feel The Undertaker's hand around my arm.

"You're not in trouble are you?" I shook my head not wanting to drop my father in it. I knew full well what would happen if he knew someone else knew how he treated me. The cruel jibes, vicious actions, spiteful acts of violence. "Are you sure?" My shoulders dropped as I felt their eyes glance over the rest of my body.

"What happened? You've got a mark on your neck too?" I placed my spare hand up to my neck, scratching at the mark from a previous slap. "Arabella, we can help you." I shook my head, the tears threatening to spill. The boys noticed as I felt Kane's arm wrap around me, leading me back to where they had just come from to their car. The Undertaker got in the front as Kane and I got in the back.

The car ride was silent as both of them glanced at me every so often. I pulled my sleeves over my hand, raising my knees up to my chin, as I stared out of the window. What had been such an amazing night earlier was now completely ruined. We drove down all the streets, all my old memories coming back from my childhood, not always necessarily positive.

We pulled up at the hotel, Kane taking my bag up to their hotel room. I sat down on the sofa, watching on as Kane rummaged through his bag pulling out a top and some joggers. He handed them over to me. "You go get changed, you're sleeping in my bed tonight."

"No, it's fine I can't make you do that." Kane shook his head as The Undertaker looked on, him having his own room.

"Please, I'll take the sofa, you need a good night's sleep." I smiled over at him, walking into the bathroom changing into the clothes.

"There's something going on." I heard through the wall the two of them whispering, careful not to let them know I was listening.

"Let's give her a sleep, then we'll talk in the morning." I paused for a few minutes then walked out acting as if I hadn't heard a thing. There was something about the two of them that completely relaxed me, a feeling I had never felt before properly.

Without another word I settled comfortably under the duvet on the bed. For the first few minutes I heard Kane move around sorting himself out then lay on the sofa as we both fell asleep.

I had my first peaceful night's sleep in weeks, as I awoke to see Kane already up. "Kettle's just boiled." I smiled over at him as he grabbed two mugs making two coffees. I sat up as he handed me mine then the door went. The Undertaker walked in, sitting on the end of my bed. We sat as we drunk our drinks, but once finished the two of them both stared over at me with serious expressions on their face.

"Arabella, we need to talk." I looked at them both, becoming increasingly worried by their glare. "We want to help you, but you need to be completely honest with us. Where are the marks from?" I knew they both genuinely cared, and that I couldn't keep pretending everything was fine.

"It's my dad." They both sighed, careful not to react too much around me. "Ever since I was little he's hurt me."

"I'm so sorry." Kane whispered, as Undertaker ran his hand through his jet black hair. "When was the last time it happened."

"Yesterday." His mouth opened in shock, as I tried desperately to hold the tears back.

"When we found you?" I nodded as slowly a single tear fell down my cheek, followed by a couple of others. Both of them came over, sitting besides me, pulling me into a hug.

"We aren't going to let him hurt you anymore." I trusted them more then anything despite only ever talking to them for less then a day.

"You promise?" I felt their heads nodding above mine, sighing that maybe the turmoil might finally be over.

For the rest of the day I was never let out of their sight as we joined the rest of the roster for the live show. Quite frankly I just wanted to leave the city behind and focus on a new life. The days of guidance slowly monopolised into weeks, then months. The two of them stuck to their promise, and all the emotions and feelings I had given up on became restored. For the first time I had not one but two father figures in my life, and I was forever grateful.

As our bond got stronger I knew there was only ever going to be one thing to do. I sat in my new bedroom at Kane's house, stretching out from my nap. "Arabella!" I heard him shout, as I jumped out of bed, running down the stairs. I saw him in the kitchen as he handed me a brown envelope. I looked inside, opening up the paperwork and reading it. There were only a few words I needed to see before looking up at Kane, both of us with massive smiles on our faces.

"It's official," I whispered. He nodded back as I jumped up giving him a massive hug. I couldn't take my eyes off of the adoption papers, finally being able to feel content that everything and everyone in my life had a purpose, but none more so importantly then my two dad's.

For WillowNorthrip