Never Give Up On You ~ Johnny Gargano

I was handed the title that changed my entire life. Dana laid across the ring from me, Gallows and Anderson by her side. I watched them closely as the two men turned around to face me. I backed down into the corner in fear as Luke and Karl walked towards me. I placed my new title down sighing. I knew what was coming when I heard an unfamiliar theme echo out into the arena. I looked up the ramp and saw Johnny and Tommaso running into the ring, taking the boys out.

The duo had recently been called up but no one knew where they would be going. "You alright Emily?" Johnny came over to me, keeping Dana clear. I nodded as he offered me his hand to pull me up. Alongside Tommaso the three of us headed backstage as I sat my Raw Women's Championship on my shoulder.

Night after night the boys found themselves having to come out and help me against the bigger men. I had no idea why I was under constant attack but I sure didn't mind having those two come to my aid.

Not only did the help save me it also meant I created two incredible friendships. I grew especially close to Johnny over time, his charm, humour, giggle.

One night the two of us headed back down to the hotel alone. Johnny invited me back down to his room to hang out for a bit. We talked and chatted on the end of his bed for what seemed like eternity, being in his company was always a fun time. "So then Tommaso fell on top of him and we all bundled." I burst out in laughter as Johnny retold one of his old stories from the independent scene to me.

"Poor Tommaso." I smiled as he looked up at me. I looked into his eyes as he slowly leaned in towards me. Emotion and instinct made me lean in too as our lips locked together. I felt his hand on my cheek as we kissed. I smiled feeling happy that I was sharing such a feeling with Johnny when I slowly felt his hands reach the bottom of my top. I could feel his hands on my bare skin as he slowly started to move lower and lower down my stomach. My happiness disappeared, replaced by anxiousness as to where Johnny thought this was going. I felt him slip his tongue into the kiss as I realised it was all too much. I quickly pulled away from him, grabbing my things and heading back over to my hotel room.

The feeling of his hands on my skin brought back so many memories. The times when I'd be hit or stamped, or other unimaginable things. I sighed as I felt a shiver down my spine at the thoughts of what could have happened. Outside I could hear Johnny banging down the door, his footsteps quickly following mine as I quickly shot out of the room. "Go away!" I yelled.

"We need to talk Emily." I sunk down the back of the door, running a hand through my hair. "You can't just walk away from me like that. I put my heart on the line for you."

"I don't care, I can't do this." It hurt to tell him such things but it was for the best. I could tell in his tone of voice that he wasn't happy but he'd thank me eventually for putting my barriers up. I was a warzone, I had so many horrific experiences with love he was better off being a good friend.

Clearly Johnny wasn't satisfied with just being friends as over the next couple of weeks he made numerous attempts to try and get me to talk. I, on the other hand, stopped responded to his calls, shouts, and texts. Somehow the word trust kept cropping up. Johnny had text me so many times to open up and trust him, but I just couldn't let go of the past.

To get my mind off of things Sasha was throwing a party tonight for lots of the guys. I couldn't wait to let everything off of my chest for a while and begin to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I knew I had issues with trust but that wasn't my fault and Johnny needed to learn to understand that. "Hey girl." Sasha pulled me into a hug, opening up the door for me. "Everyone's in the front room." I walked in to me greeted by many smiling faces. I walked over to my friendship group, Bayley, Charlotte, Sami. They all greeted me as we talked for a while catching up.

"I'm gonna go and get a drink." I walked away and out into the kitchen when I felt a hand lock around my wrist. I twirled around to come face to face with Johnny for the first time since the hotel room.

"We need to talk. Now." I sighed as he pulled me out to the garden, shutting the door so people knew not to come out. "What's going on?" I remained silent as Johnny stared over at me. "I'm not messing around anymore Emily, I kissed you because I like you and I thought you felt the same way. We're best friends and then you go and pull something like that."

"I do like you. But like you said, I don't have any trust in me, and that's not down to you, but I just can't." He sighed running a hand through his hair.

"You may not want to talk about the past, but you can't let that hold you back forever." Every word he said was true, but it was a lot harder to put those words into actions. It's never just so easy to forget something that hurt you in such a way it changed your life. "Let me help you, give this a go." Johnny said noticing my silence. Of course I wanted to give us a go, Johnny was a great guy. Good looks, brains, and a great sense of humour.

"Yes," I whispered. Whilst he didn't exactly ask the question I knew exactly what he was getting at. His eyes lit up, looking over at me. I smiled as he smiled making me feel a lot better. He stepped forwards kissing me again, blocking out the sounds of our drunken colleagues in the house.

"You won't regret this Emily, I'm not those guys," he murmured in between kisses. I nodded knowing full well that Johnny was different. All I needed to do now was jump of the hurdle that is known as my past, and learn to look forward to the future, my new future with Johnny Gargano.

For SashaBanksIsABoss