Social Casulty ~ Neville

"Come on, it will be fun, Sasha always knows how to throw a how to throw a good party." It was like listening to a broken record, over and over again he pleaded with me to come with him.

"Fine." I dropped my shoulders watching his smile reappear, his arms clasping around me.

"It's going to be such a good night." I failed to see the excitement of a house party in the way Neville felt about them.

The crowds of people, excessively loud music, horrific dance moves of drunken bodies, what part of that was enjoyable?

I'd made it clear from the start I had no intention of going to such an occasion, my mind not suited to the big crowds of strangers, but Neville on the other hand, adored them.

Begrudgingly, I'd spent the afternoon sorting myself out into a little black dress and minimal makeup. If I didn't want to mentally be there, I had to at least be there physically.

"I'll be with you the entire time," was the final thing he told me, slipping his hand into mine, knocking on the mansion door.

"Willow! Nev!" I forced a smile through my gritted teeth, hugging Sasha as she reached forwards for an embrace. My hand slipped out of Neville's to hug her, as she then turned to him and did the same. "Come on in, most of the guys are already here."

To me, the term guys meant about fifteen people, but looking around I would consider more one hundred and fifty to be the number.

Neither of us could barely move for the masses of people stood around with plastic cups containing alcoholic beverages, engaging in low-key chit chat.

"The boy is here!" The two of us turned around and saw Sami walking over, giving Neville one of their typical bro hugs.

"The party has arrived." I chuckled awkwardly, hoping that somewhere in that sentence was a hint of sarcasm. 

"Do you wanna come and hang with us, Finn, AJ and a few others are up by the pool?" I watched Neville closely, waiting for him to spin around and see the concern I was feeling. He paused for a little, tapping his foot on the ground.

On the inside I was begging him to stay with me, stick to his promise. There was no way I was ever going to force myself into interacting with any of these people, a one in five chance of potentially knowing anyone didn't fill me with much confidence.

"Sure, we've not had a lads night for a while." I gasped in shock watching the dimples of Sami's mouth appear. It was almost like I didn't exist anymore.

Before I had chance to protest Neville had been whisked away and onto the patio, leaving me stranded in a bubble of beer breath.

If I didn't feel isolated enough already, I certainly did now. My eyes were desperately scanning the room to find just one of the girls to try and stop my breathing from quickening anymore.

All these people were hurrying past me, shouting out names of familiar faces, ignoring the panic that had set inside me. I might as well have been invisible in the situation, no one willing to give me the time of day.

My breath kept hitching in fear and dread, my legs trembling with worry, when a man barged into my side. I looked up and saw his nose turn up at me, his nasty demeanour the final straw.

I ran out of the main hobby down a little hallway that attached to the room, pushing through the figures to find an empty space of tranquillity.

I ran to the back of the house noticing there was a spare laundry room at the back, with washing machine and drying racks hanging with clothes. I walked in, falling just inside of the doorway, the sobs freely falling down my eyes in despair.

How could he have done this to me? He promised me he would stick with me, but typical Neville just wanted to be with his friends.

I never expected myself to get into such a mess, the thought of Neville enjoying himself driving me mad. He wouldn't care to notice that I wasn't there until he wanted someone to carry him home.

"Willow?" I looked up upon hearing my name, rubbing my blotchy red eyes. "What's wrong?" Nattie walked in, sitting beside me, wrapping her arm over my shoulders. "Becks, go get Neville." I watched Becky run back down where she'd just come from to find him.

"He doesn't care Nattie, he just left me there by myself." I felt her arm run along my back trying to soothe me.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sure that isn't the case, I bet he thinks you're having fun with all of us, just like he is with the guys." The comfort of Nattie only made my tears worse, knowing he had no idea of the pain he had caused.

"Where is she?" I heard the Geordie accent shout from down the hall. Nattie unwrapped herself from around me, standing back to let a frantic Neville in, running down and hugging me tightly. "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry Willow."

"I was so scared." I heard the girls walk away, his arms move away from me, sitting beside me.

"I didn't even think, it was so stupid of me, I can't believe I was so cruel to you, you don't deserve any of this." His thumb came under my right eye then my left, wiping my tears away.

"It doesn't matter now," I whispered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yes it does, how can you say it doesn't matter. I was a terrible boyfriend, I mean goodness, you didn't even want to come here tonight but I was so selfish to see it." His hands ran through my hair, loosely letting his frustration out.

"Can we just not talk about this?" I felt him nod as he lent down on my head, lacing his hand in mine.

"How about we just go home and throw our own party?" I sat back up, turning around to look at him, nodding my head. "I'll make sure it's the best party you've been to today." A little giggle escaped me, watching him stand up and then pull me up, wrapping his arm safely around me. "I won't let go this time, I promise."

For natbynev