Kevin Owens for LegitHugger

After six years together and two years of marriage you'd think that we'd be used to watching each other wrestle, but that most definitely wasn't the case. Tonight was Fastlane and I had a huge match to defend my belt against Paige, whilst Kevin had a huge match against Goldberg.

In ten years of professional wrestling I had never experienced anything like this match. As per usual I had Nia by my side, but it even that could protect me from the powerful blows I threw and received. There was such a buzz around the arena I never wanted the match to end. I looked at Nia who started screaming outside the ring. Just as the referee turned around she slid in a steel chair which I banged against the mat, then quickly chucked at Paige as the referee turned around. He looked at her in disgust as I held my back faking the pain. The bell was rung and the ref picked up the belt. "Here is your winner, and still Raw Women's Champion, Megan Thomas!" I stood up as Nia came up beside me.

"You killed it," she whispered, hugging me tightly. I soaked up the boos from the crowd, reflecting on the incredible time I had had in the ring, smirking down at Paige who sat in the corner a gasp. The two of us skipped backstage, as I was congratulated by everyone for my retain.

Being rushed around meant I hardly had any time to see Kevin before his match, only having a brief couple of minutes together. "It doesn't matter about me, you've just got to go out there and perform like you always do. That belt is and will be yours," I told him tapping down on the red plates. "I'm so proud of you, no matter what the result is, you've worked so hard you deserve that moment more than anyone." Before I had the chance to kiss him good luck he was whisked away by the staff.

As usual I stood and watched every bit of the action, chewing down on my nails anxiously. It had become an awful habit of mine when I got nervous, especially watching Kevin perform. As expected he was smashing the match, until Chris' theme played out. I carried on watching, confused as to what was going on. I instantly felt a nasty feeling in my stomach that tonight would be the night. I bawled my fist up desperate to head out there and get rid of Jericho, but I had already been warned about interfering in the match would mean an instant belt change.

I watched on in complete shock as Goldberg picked Kevin open and dropped him with the Jackhammer. My hands covered my eyes as I watched the referee hit the mat three times. I inhaled a deep breath trying to maintain my composure, quickly running around to the holding room.

As soon as my eyes fell on Kevin I could see all his anger. The belt was his, and only his, not some part timer. We'd travelled the world for far too long to lose like this. He walked over and instantly wrapped ​his arms around my waist as mine fell on his neck. He burrowed his head into the crook of my neck, letting out a massive sigh. "It's alright," I whispered playing with the ends of his hair.

"I just don't understand, you put your whole into this company for so long, practically carry it for well over a year only to be screwed over by grandpa. I've worked so hard for this Megan I shouldn't have lost that belt tonight, I should at least be given a Wrestlemania moment." I didn't dare interrupt, instead I just let him let it all out.

"How about we head back to the hotel?" I asked pulling away. He nodded grabbing onto my hand as I led him to our locker room, quickly packing our bags.

Once we got to the hotel Kevin instantly fell on the bed. I sighed grabbing the both of us a change of comfy clothes. I pulled him up and lifted his top over his head and put his new one on. "You're gonna have to do the bottoms," I told him changing myself. I switched the television on and put a random movie channel on.

"You wanna cuddle?" I asked but his arms were already open ready to welcome me. I slid under the duvet and snuggled into his chest, lightly placing my arm across his waist. "Just because you didn't win tonight doesn't make me not proud of you. You've done so well to even win that belt." My tiny frame moulded perfectly against him, as I felt his grip around me getting tighter. I heard him giggle like he always did when my accent came through.

"Even though I didn't win tonight, I'm always the winner when I get to come home at night and snuggle up next to you." I looked up and pecked his cheek falling back onto his chest. "I love you champ," he whispered softly into my ear sending a shiver down my spine. I smiled noticing my belt sat on one of the chairs in the room.

"I love you too," I told him quickly stopping myself from saying 'champ.' It broke my heart completely, but it was bound to happen eventually, because that's the world of wrestling, and after having been a part of it for so long, you learn to understand, and more importantly accept it.