Finn Balor for HippieLilicaxo

When people told me the draft would change my life, I never expected to believe them, it was just another scripted night for the big names to yet again make a name for themselves, whilst we were all grafting in NXT.

"...from NXT, Finn Balor!"

I looked across at Finn, who turned to look at me simultaneously. We hadn't been together long, a mere six months, but the love I already had for him was indescribable.

A few of the guys bundled on top of him, screaming and shouting their congratulations. I stood back a little, not wanting to be caught up in their raucous, instead opting for the more peaceful approach of a quick hug. "I'm so proud of you," I whispered, wrapping my arms around him.

"It's up to you now," he whispered, sitting back down beside me, continuing to watch the names be called.

Name after name was called out, and unsurprisingly mine was not there, I never wanted to seem arrogant about the situation, but after Finn's name was called I had the slightest bit of hope.

But it wasn't.

Not even an hour after the broadcast finished, Finn was whisked off for his new job on the big stage, whilst I was left down in NXT to grind for myself.

Several nights were shared between the two of us, skyping and texting, making sure that the other was doing alright.

"I wish you were here," he smiled one night into the screen, wiping underneath his left eye, scratching away at it. He didn't think I could, but I heard him sniff back a tear or two. "I miss you so much Selena, those eyes, the nights I spent tracing your tattoos, your Mexican food, everything."

After that night, everything seemed to change. Our talks were less frequent, he seemed so much more disorientated when I wanted to discuss my day, something I never expected from him.

"Ladies and gentleman, I'm pleased to announce that Selena Lopez is getting called up to the main roster."

I smiled up at Triple H, finally hearing the news I'd been searching for since the draft last year.

The centre was filled with applause, I was finally getting the break I'd been pushing for. "Which brand will I be going to?" I questioned, watching him reach down into a box he was carrying.

"Welcome to team red." I took a deep sigh of relief, taking the red printed shirt out of his hand, throwing it over my plain red vest.

He had no idea, I'd kept it quiet, just like how I remained to do with all my stories over the past few weeks when it came to trying to talk to Finn. The shake up was right around the corner, and I knew I wanted to make it special for Finn and I, try to reignite the spark that seemed to be slowly dying out in our relationship.

I'd snuck out with the help of Bayley beforehand so I had no chance of being spotted, knowing it would be the perfect chance to see him and reunite with him.

The show began, calling out several swaps and new additions throughout the evening, with all the talent gathered backstage to see where they would end up, of if they'd change at all.

"...And the newest addition to Raw, from NXT, Selena Lopez."

I could hear my name be announced into the arena, feeling the goose bumps form all across my body, hopeful that Finn would feel the same.

Once the show was finished Bayley hurried me around to where Finn usually was so I could finally see him. We stopped just before we got there, as she gave me a quick push forwards so I could go round myself. "Thank you," I smiled watching her walk off.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm down the excitable smile that was ever growing with eagerness to see him. People probably thought I was crazy, I'd only been seeing Finn for six months, but as cliché as it sounded, it was truly different with him.

I turned around the corner only to see Finn stood laughing and joking with another woman, who looked slightly similar to myself. I stepped closer, getting a better glimpse to see Cathy hysterically laughing, falling back and hitting Finn's bicep.

My stomach turned, things like this were something I always worried about with Finn, he was such a loveable character, we always ran the risk of him potentially finding someone better.

I cleared my throat taking the both by surprise, watching Cathy look past Finn's shoulder, and him turn around. "Selena," he quickly smiled, simply waving at me. No hug, no kiss, nothing. I gave him a disgruntled smile, looking at the back of his head as he turned to continue his discussion with Cathy.

I didn't really know what else to say, I didn't want to appear like a troublemaker on my first day, but Cathy didn't seem too hasty to do anything about it either.

I span around, walking back around the corner, hearing him shout my name, but I shrugged it off, trying to seem stronger than I actually was, my heart breaking at how my dream debut suddenly didn't feel like such a dream.

The only thought I carried with me for the rest of the evening was how much I wanted to go home, the press didn't excitement, meeting all the new people was a bore, the evening just seemed wrong.

A couple of hours after, I finally got the chance to head back, calling the first taxi and riding it to the huge hotel, nothing like the sorts we used to stay in when with developmental.

Once in, I fell straight into bed, jamming my eyes shut tightly, wishing the day would just disappear. I kept repeating in my head the idea of what tonight was meant to be about, wishing I could go back and do it all again.

I didn't know what time it was, but midway through the night I finally heard Finn walk into the hotel room, trying to be quiet, but failing as usual, shuffling into bed beside me.

He moved closer towards me, wrapping his arm loosely over my body. "I'm sorry," he whispered, waking me up with a peppering of kisses along my neck. I sighed, fluttering my eyelids open, turning back to look at him. "I'm so happy you're here, and I mean that, I don't know why I felt the need to be so rude earlier."

"It hurt more than you can ever imagine," I told him, turning to look up at his sad eyes.

"I know, and I can't apologise enough, Cathy was just feeling a bit down, you know what I'm like, I can't leave a damsel in distress." I softly smiled through my tired eyes, reaching down and holding his hand.

"You're the sweetest soul in the whole world Balor, and that is why so many people adore you, only half as much as I do." I felt him lean down, and kiss the top of my head, pulling me into his chest.

"You're the best Selena, I love you," he whispered, uttering those special three words for the first time in our relationship. I giggled, tightening my grip around him.

"I love you too," I smiled, thankful for the dark room hiding my blush, as my eyelids shut again, much softer this time, imagining more of what the upcoming years on the road would be like together.