Dean Ambrose for moxley-deanee

I always thought that things would sometimes be too good to be true, six months seemed too long for everything to run so perfectly after all.

And wasn't I right.

We worked hard, and we played harder, but something about Dean just didn't seem right. I didn't know what, but as the days passed I became more engrossed in our relationship then ever before.

It was the little things, the typical things, no kiss in the morning, no kiss at night, and everything in between.

I sat backstage, preparing for the show, watching him walk straight past me on his phone. "That wasn't very nice." I looked up and saw Sami sat opposite me. "Isn't he your boyfriend."

"Yes," I muttered, running a hand through my hair, pulling my leather jacket further over my body. I wasn't weak, I knew that, and so did everyone else, I wasn't going to open up about anything.

"It didn't seem that way to me Cleo, he seemed a bit off if you ask me, no girl should be ignored." He sat down beside me, sitting uncomfortably close so our legs only had a couple of millimetres between them.

"It's fine," I reassured him, looking up at his baby blue eyes.

"You sure?" I nodded once again, feeling his hand land on my arm which rested on the table. "You know I could treat you a whole lot better."

"Sami," I whispered, turning to look away from him, trying to hide my coy little smile.

"Seriously Cleo, you're incredible, different, unique." I didn't want to blush, nor did I want to get so excited by a little compliment, I was in a relationship for crying out loud.

Dean's POV

"Just look at the look he has in his eyes, he's trying to make a play for her, and she's letting him get away with it." I stared over at the two of them, laughing and joking at each other, without a care in the world.

"Maybe she just appreciates the attention," I overhead Callihan mutter to Roman, leaning back behind me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped, looking between the two of them, interrupted by Cleo's sweet laugh.

"Dean, you've not given Cleo the time of day, you ignore her, and pretend as if she doesn't exist to you, I know you're past the honeymoon stage, but you've still got to make that bit of effort." I could have sworn he was deluded, I'd treated Cleo like the queen she was, always being attentive and considerate.

"Don't roll your eyes Dean, it's true." I tutted, turning back at Callihan, brushing him aside. "You are treating her terribly, I'm not surprised Sami is over there talking to her. What happened to the king and queen of independent wrestling? Hey. You're gonna lose her if you're not careful, Cleo keeps you in tow, you can't let her go."

"Do you really think that's Sami's intentions?" They both nodded with a trusting look in their eyes. "He does seem to be a bit touchy around her, like does he not know we're together?"

"I don't know Dean, he does seem pretty into her." I didn't get it, no way was Sami in Cleo's league, he was some quiet guy and she was some hot firecracker with her rock wear and smile.

"I don't like this."

"You know what to do if you don't like something." I nodded, running my hand through my hair, straggling it up a little, tussling the lugs out. I took my top off, pulling my necklace around, snatching the leather jacket from Roman's hands.

"Hey!" I bellowed, marching over, making the two of them jump and separate a little. "What do you think you're doing touching my lady Zayn?"

Cleo's POV

As soon as I heard the harsh tone in his voice I knew Sami was in trouble.

And I knew Dean. He wasn't Dean, he was Jon, and my goodness he was dangerous. I cringed every time he came out, his wacky behaviour, and demeaning attitude was enough to send fear into any guy, and only push me further away.

"Cleo is mine! Do you hear me!" He walked round, grabbing a hold of Sami's ear, pulling him up. I didn't know where to look, knowing full well there was no point trying to stop Moxley when he got involved.

"I wasn't doing anything," Sami tried to protest, but he was only making matters worse for himself. Dean's grip tightened, and his breathing got louder, striking Sami in the face. "What's your problem, idiot."

I appreciated his willingness to stand up to the persona, but I knew it was all for nothing. "How about this, you run along, and find someone who can match you." Dean's speech was slurring a little, just like the good old days.

I noticed Dean's leg move, hitting Sami's leg making him lean down in pain. I didn't want to be involved in the situation, or their drama, doing the only thing I knew how to when Jon came out to play, running.

I didn't care about the show, I didn't care about the crowd, for once I was thinking about myself. I caught a cab back to the hotel, running into the room and sitting on the bed, waiting for Dean's arrival.

My only hope was that he'd calmed down, and returned to his usual self.

The first thing I heard was the turn of the key, followed by his slumped figure walking in, jumping on the bed and lying down. "I'm sorry," I heard him whisper, quickly breaking the awkward silence between the two of us.

"What for?" I asked, staring off out of the window at the moonlit sky.

"Being such a jerk, today, yesterday, probably forever. I didn't realise I was being so mean to you, and maybe Jon wasn't called for today." For the first time I'd heard something heartfelt come from him, the way his voice hitched every time he tried to make me feel better.

"I've not done anything wrong Dean-"

"-I know, you don't need to tell me that. And I'll apologise to Sami tomorrow too if that is what it takes for you to forgive me." I looked down, laying down next to him, turning my head so I was looking into his slightly drunk eyes.

"No matter what, I'm never going to leave you, I'm yours, forever, as long as you'll let me be. I like Jon Moxley, but I'm falling hard for Dean Ambrose, don't let that change." He nodded, leaning across and pecking my lips lightly, grabbing my jacket, bringing me closer, laying me gently onto his chest, running his hand along my back.