Man For One ~ John Cena

I grabbed my mug, sitting down on the sofa, swinging my legs up underneath the cushions. The fire was lit and the telly was playing to itself in the background.

It was getting later and later but John still hadn't made an appearance since he went out that afternoon.

It had been slowly becoming more regular for him to disappear at random points during the day, coming home at the latest point of the night possible. He tried to keep it secret, but it was no secret with all the paps around these days, he was always with Nikki.

I drank my tea slowly trying to keep myself preoccupied and worry free until the door finally opened just a few minutes past midnight. "Nice to see you make an appearance," I remarked hearing his footsteps walk towards me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, kissing the top of my head like everything was normal.

"Where have you been all day? I thought we were going to go to the gym together." He sighed, walking round the sofa and lifting my feet up, placing them onto his lap when he sat down.

"Sorry Morgan, everything was just delayed and the traffic was hideous coming through the city." I hummed, rolling my eyes in disbelief. "What?" He asked catching me.

"I'm sure the traffic from Nikki's must have been really bad." His eyes widened confirming my thoughts to be true, as I caught a gulp run down his throat. "When are you going to learn?"

"We weren't doing anything, she just wanted some help with work related things." I shook my head placing my mug on the table before I threw it across the room.

"Work related things?" I questioned, desperate to push the point further and get to the bottom of things.

"She wanted help with a new finisher and I told her I'd give her a hand." There was more to it, I could tell by the higher pitch of his voice which always gave his lies away.

"So learning a new finisher takes nine of the last fourteen nights for the two of you to sort out." The room fell silent, he had nothing to say. "Come on John, you might as well just say."

"Fine, she treated me to dinner a couple of nights ago as a thank you, we've just being enjoying each other's company." I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing.

"Basically you're just telling me that the two of you have been booking up behind my back." John shook his head.

"No of course not, I'd never do that to you." He sounded so defensive I didn't know if it was a sign of guilt or not.

"Really? Because all you seem to want to do recently is spend time with Nikki. Have you forgotten I exist?" I swung my legs from off of him, planting my feet firmly on the ground.

"No, you're the one I love Morgan. Stop being so jealous of Nicole." Hearing her call her by her proper first name was enough to drive me crazy.

"Jealous! You think I'm jealous!" I'd stunned myself with how loud my voice had gone. "You try being in my position and see how angry you are. I'll go out and hang with Randy for a few days, see how you like being left alone night after night."

"Now you're being childish." I shook my head across at him.

"No way, don't put this on me. I want you to choose." He let out a sarcastic chuckle, staring at me.

"Are you serious?" I nodded my head keeping the straight smile on my face. "This is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous is that you're even trying to think about it, the fact that from the start you can't give me a name." I stood up from the sofa and picked up my mug, heading towards the kitchen.

"Morgan! We aren't done yet!" He shouted, but I'd already left the room.

I placed my mug in the washing up bowl leaving it for the morning before proceeding up the stairs and straight to bed, changing into my pyjamas and tying my hair up into a messy bun.

I kept my back facing John's side of the bed, desperately trying to sleep before he came up. My mind kept replaying the thoughts of what had being going on between the two of them driving me crazy.

Eventually after a couple of hours he finally made his way up to bed, taking his top off and diving in under the sheets.

I felt his lips plant a kiss on the top of my back, tickling the loose ends of hair that fell. "I'll always choose you," he whispered thinking I was asleep, only for me to spin around and look at his open eyes. "I thought you were asleep."

"I couldn't stop thinking about you and Nikki." He let out another sigh, bringing his hand up to let his thumb brush across my cheek.

"You don't need to, I'm not going to be spending anymore time with her. You're right, I've been neglecting you for far too long, I guess I felt like I didn't need to try anymore with us." He cautiously leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"It's my own fault too, I should-" I was cut off by his finger over my mouth silencing me.

"None of this is your fault, it's my wrongdoing that caused you to be upset, I'm surprised you're still even here to be honest." He let his hand drop back down by his side.

"Of course I'm still here, no matter what happens I love you, and above all else I do trust you, even if I make out like I don't." He chuckled once again, moving a little closer towards me.

"I love you too, and I promise from now on my number one priority in life will be you." I nodded, quickly covering my mouth as a light yawn escaped feeling his arm instinctively wrap around me to bring me in for a cuddle.