Dare ~ Dean Ambrose

In our friendship group, a game of truth or dare never went well. To begin with it was great fun, but over time it just grew childish and pointless.

It was always the case when we gathered together, Sasha always being the one to speak up.

"Let's play truth or dare!" She shouted after drinking her fifth cider of the night.

"Yeah!" Nikki was never one to skip out on a game, taking control from the start. I lowered in my seat, feeling Alexa look across at me.

"You alright?" She whispered in my ear, the two of us probably being the only sober ones amongst us.

"Yeah," I replied, watching Nikki jump around.

"Sara!" I sighed, frightened by her wide grin. She took another sip of her drink, pointing straight across at me. "Truth or dare?" Ultimately, neither option was going to benefit me, her mind knew so many things it would all end in humiliation.

"Dare." I could hear Alexa groan beside me, shaking her head.

"Alright, I dare you to let me set you up on a date." I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing her propose, knowing exactly what her dates were like with John.

"You can't reject it!" I sharply looked across at Becky, begging for her to keep quiet, not to encourage Nikki further.

"It's settled, you and Ambrose are going on a date." My breathing hitched, startled by her choice of guy.

"Ambrose?" On the inside, I couldn't quite hide my excitement, there was no other guy I wanted to date quite like Dean.

"Yeah, I'll sort it out, don't worry about a thing." I smiled, trying not to make myself look too excited, excusing myself and leaving the room.

"Sara, wait!" Alexa ran up beside me, walking out of the house into the front garden. "Are you mad?"

"Did you tell her?" I had only ever confided in one person about my feelings for Dean, my five feet of fury of a best friend.

"Yeah." She looked down shamefully at the ground, biting down on her lip. "Sorry."

"You don't need to apologise Alexa, in fact, I should probably be thanking you." She looked up at me, her blue eyes lighting up in relief. "The main thing I'm worried about is what Nikki will pick for us."

"I'm sure it'll be great, Nikki and John always look like they go on the best dates." I rolled my eyes, a small groan escaping, Alexa didn't know Nikki as well as I did.

"Exactly, knowing Nikki we will end up wine tasting or in a really fancy restaurant that is neither of our tastes. It's going to be terrible if Nikki plans it, I know it."

"Sara, don't worry about it, just be thankful for your company. I'm sure it'll be a great date." She placed her hand on my arm, trying to reassure me, offering me a smile.

"You better hope so." She smiled, nodding her head back to the front door, opening it up and letting us both back in.

"Sara!" I barely managed to step in through the door, Nikki's high pitched squeal greeting me instantly.

"Yes Nikki." I walked over and sat beside her, her voice reducing in volume.

"I spoke to Dean, and tomorrow is good for him. There will be a car outside yours for eight, dress casual, and look beautiful." I wasn't quite expecting it to be so soon, leaving me little time to even sort anything out.

"Right, thanks." She smiled, leaning across and giving me a little hug.

"I'm so excited," the deafening sound of her drunken squeal was enough to bring my evening to a close.

I said my goodbyes, exiting the house, walking not far to Seth's house which I was staying at.

Once I was through into the confides of my bedroom, I couldn't help but let out a huge scream of excitement. "Oh my gosh!"

"Sara!" I stopped instantly hearing my brother scream my name, his feet stomping down the corridor and into my bedroom. "What's going on?"

"Guess which sister of yours is going on a date?" He rolled his eyes, leaning back a little in despair. He was way too protective for his own good sometimes.

"Who is it with?" He asked, brushing his hands through his jet black hair, the exact same shade as my own.

"It's Dean." I watched him closely, expecting to see a happy smile on his face, pleased that his sister was finally heading out and standing on her own two feet. Instead, the room was filled with Seth's laughter, his hands falling on his waist to try and stop the pain his belly laughs were causing.

"I'm gonna go before I do something I'll regret, but you and Dean, now that is hysterical." He couldn't have left the room sooner, leaving me to lay down on the bed and ponder tomorrow evening. Dress casual. Be ready for eight. What was the worst that could happen?

The following morning and I couldn't stop myself pestering Nikki for hints, but she was relentless. She helped me out with my outfit choice, a long trousered jumpsuit in black.

My hair was done in a ponytail, my make up done to showcase my brown orbs.

I made my way down the stairs, arriving five minutes early before the car turned up.

"Good luck," Seth told me, shouting through from the front room, biting his tongue to try and stop himself from laughing.

"Whatever." The sound of the car horn rescued me, pulling up right outside for me to head out to. I got in the back seat, the driver not even saying hello, driving me through the town to where our date was.

Fifteen minutes later and we pulled up at my favourite restaurant in town. It was a rustic pub, made from old wooden beams, with beautiful artwork on the walls. "Thanks," I smiled, stepping out to see Dean waiting on a bench outside.

His eyes looked around, a smile appearing once they'd landed on me. "Hi," he whispered, walking over to me. He hugged me briefly, kissing both my cheeks.

"Hi," I replied, flashing him a smile as we entered to find our table.