Pas De Paux ~ Baron Corbin

"Aye, there's a man out here, he says he's here to see you." I looked back to Brent who peered around the door, nodding my head.

"I'll be there in just a second," I chimed, sliding my last pin into my hair to keep my hair flat.

I span around in my pumps, opening the grand door of my dressing room open, turning left to see nothing.

"Excuse me," a deep voice spoke, making me swivel my head to turn left.

"Baron!" I squealed, leaping up to be caught in his tattooed arms, carefully burying my head into the crook of his neck. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you of course, I got a couple of days off so I thought I'd come see my baby dance." I giggled, cupping his cheeks so I could lean back to see his smile.

"I didn't think this would be your kind of thing." He nodded, chuckling to himself.

"It isn't, but I thought I'd come and support you anyway." I leaned forward and pecked his lips sweetly. "How long until the show starts?"

"Umm...ten minutes...ten minutes!" I leaned out of Baron's arms, spinning around and running straight back into my dressing room.

"Aye?" Baron asked, knocking on the door.

"Go and find your seat, I'll see you out there," I said with a muffled tone whilst taking my jumper off, over my head.

With seconds to spare I ran down to the side of the stage, meeting the dirty blonde haired boy dressing in a black leotard.

"Aye, you look great," Justin complimented, stepping forward to peck my cheek.

"Break a leg," I teased, knowing how much the phrase annoyed him every single time it was wished upon him.

"I hate you," he smirked, lacing his hand in mine.

"Ladies and gentleman, from the American Ballet Theatre, Justin and Aye." We both took a quick breath, stepping out in sync to the centre of the stage.

As soon as those early beats of the contemporary piece played my feet began to sing for themselves.

Somehow they knew where to land without a second thought, gracefully carrying my thin frame around the dance floor, floating into Justin's arms, and spiralling around in the air.

The blur of the faces in the crowd was visible as I span around on point, as my mind wandered to know in that crowd for the first time would be Baron.

"I'm away then."

"That's when I leave for tour."

"London's calling."

After listening to excuse after excuse, it was indescribable the feeling of having Baron finally watch me and see what excited me in life.

There wasn't a word exchanged by me and Justin, just several knowing glances that showed the world a thousands words and more. A story was being told through the strong stare of our orbs, not to mention the soft touch of our hands gliding past each other.

It always ended far too soon as our pas de deux always ended to early.

"You were amazing," Justin smiled, walking me off the stage like the gentleman he was.

"I hope Baron enjoyed it," I said, grabbing a bottle of water. "I can't believe he was actually there to watch."

"I'm sure he loved it Aye, how could he not? You were great." I stepped forward and hugged Justin lightly, placing my hands just on his biceps.

"You're the best!" I reminded him, letting go of him to run down the corridor and back to my dressing room.

"Good job."

"You and Justin are the best!"

"The chemistry between you two is crazy." The final voice caught me off guard, halting me just as I reached the door.

"Baron?" I queried, still hearing the music behind the walls. "Did you like it?"

"I think so," he said, staring off into the distance. "I don't really know what consists of a good ballet."

"Well I'm hoping it was that," I told him, opening up the door, holding it open for him too.

"You and Justin seem to get on well, is he your permanent partner?" I looked up at him with a confused expression, nodding my head. "Just a dance partner?"

"Of course he is, I mean he's a friend too, but we are strictly professional, we all are." Somehow that didn't seem good enough for Baron, who continued to give me a disappointed look.

"Do you spend much time with him outside of ballet?" The questions were pushing never mind over the line.

"Seriously, why don't you just come out and say it?" Slowly the jigsaw pieces fitted together to mould our thoughts into one.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice pitching higher, a sign that he knew I was onto him.

"You want to excuse me of cheating on you. You think that just because I dance with Justin that I'm making out with him too."

"That wasn't it Aye," he tried to assure me, but his voice still wavered.

"I cannot believe you, you're meant to tell me how proud you are of me, not judge me based on my ability to tell a story." He shook his head, brushing his hair out of his face.

"I know you wouldn't cheat on me Aye, I know." I sighed, looking up at him with raised eyebrows to continue. "I am proud of you love, I'm so proud of you."

"Really? Because now it feels like you're just saying things for the sake of it."

"Just stop, we don't need to argue about this any longer, this is your night, and I am seriously proud of you." He stepped closer towards me, leaning his head on mine.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, leaning my head onto his chest.

"No...you don't need to be sorry, this is my fault, I ruined your evening," he replied, kissing the top of my head.

"It's not ruined at all, in fact, it's only just begun." I laced my hand in with his, pulling away from his chest, biting the inside of my lip with a smirk.