Piercings and Ink ~ Dean Ambrose

Everyone always talks about how love lasts forever, but is that really the case? You can try to tell me that I've found the one, but can you promise me it? I feel like I've found the one, Dean, the guy that makes me happy, laugh, smile, cry. We've been together for a few years, but recently things just haven't been the same.

Tonight me and a few of the girls were going to a local gig that a band were playing at. One of my friends knew the drummer so we managed to get front row. As soon as they came on stage the guy on the left with the guitar caught my eye. He had the biggest smile of passion, just like I had with wrestling. I couldn't take my eyes off of him the entire night, loving the love he had for his music.

As the night came to a close we were invited backstage to meet the band. I looked around for the guy, only for him to walk up over to me. "Richard." He told me, offering me his hand to shake.

"I'm Alexis." I smiled shaking his hand. "That was a really great gig."

"Thanks. You're a wrestler right?" I nodded as we walked over and sat on two seats with each other.

"You're exactly right. The one and only red headed bombshell." He laughed running a hand through his hair as I noticed his vast number of tattoos along his arms. "I like your ink." He looked up at me noticing me looking up and down his arm.

"Thanks, yours isn't too bad yourself." My smile only grew wider, as his eyes went wide. "What?" I asked consciously.

"You've got your lips pierced! Me too!" I laughed as he grabbed his piercing putting it back in. It was like he was my male equivalent, everything about me was the exact same about him.

Richard and I spoke for a long time that night, learning little facts about each other, our likes and dislikes and more about our backgrounds. We exchanged numbers as eventually we left for the night.

"Hi." I looked up and saw Dean walked into the room. He walked over to the mini fridge grabbing a bottle of water then sitting straight back on the opposite side of the room. I didn't even bother responding noticing what little attention he paid to me. Instead I pulled my phone out, sending Richard a text, knowing I'd get a better conversation out of him.

The two of us slowly began to talk less and less, I was quite the extrovert but when it came to my husband I thought I'd at least get more then a few words strung together. As I found myself driving away from Dean, I started to grow closer and closer to Richard. All I ever wanted was for someone to talk to, but right now I wasn't getting that from Dean. "Who are you texting?" I looked up from my phone noticing Dean looking over at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't pretend, I can see the smile on your face. You're texting that Richard guy again, you seem obsessed with him recently." My jaw hit the floor as he went back to his drink.

"At least he pays the slightest bit of notice to me, is that so hard to ask for." I stood up leaving the room, quickly dialling Richard's number to tell him about our clash, just how I always had done.

I finished my match for the night, walking back to our dressing room. Dean was sat down with his head in his hands, looking up when I walked in. I noticed his eyes were a bit blotchy, walking over to him concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Can we talk?" He whispered. I sat down beside him as he moved his body to face me. "I think we should split." I looked at him in shock but his look remained at the ground. "If you want to be with Richard then you can, he clearly makes you so happy, and that's all I want for you."

I grabbed his hands, as he looked up at me. "Richard is just a friend, that's all he is. I love you so much no matter what, you're the one who makes my heart skip a beat even when you're miserable, it's still only you." I tried so hard not to let the tears roll down my cheek. I had no idea Dean even felt this way, we had stopped talking about our emotions all together.

"I hate how distant we've become, it's tearing us apart. Why can't we go back to the old days, when we would talk and laugh for hours at a time." I sighed knowing every word he said was true. "All I want to do is to marry you, get things back on track, and be the couple we once were." I gasped as Dean looked at me in confusion, he didn't seem to realise quite what he just said.

"You want to marry me?" Dean looked up, then after a few seconds began to nod his head.

"Of course I do, from the moment I met you, it's always been you. We have to work through our problems, but all couples do, and then we can move on and take the next step in our relationship. I feel like we're ready, do you?" I nodded as Dean placed his hand on my cheek, leaning in slowly and kissing me passionately for the first time in months. I could feel his smile making me smile, as I pulled away and snuggled into his chest.

"I've missed this," I whispered feeling Dean place his hand loosely over me.

"Me too, I've missed us." I nodded in agreement, as my eyes slowly dropped, the feeling of Dean's body calming me.

"It's time to move on from that, we need to make our love last forever, go back to our little fairytale." I slowly began to drift into my sleep, but not before feeling Dean's lips on the top of my head, kissing me softly into my sleep.

For allmyliferock