Charlotte Part 9 for MrLynchTEL

"You ready?" I looked across at Charlotte, gripping tightly onto the door handle. She nodded, with a huge smile on her face, jumping out of the car and to the seat behind us. "I'm so excited to see everyone, something to look forward to."

"Sasha's promised it looks amazing, so I've got high expectations." She picked Reider out using his little blue carrier whilst I grabbed all the baby bags and overnight bags, leaving the masses of gifts for later.

My pace quickened slightly so I could get the door for her, opening it up and pushing it wide so she can walk straight through. "There they all are." I followed her gaze looking out of the windows straight into the garden where plenty of people were stood. "That best be champagne."

"Some things really never change." I threw the bags on the floor whilst Reider was lowered to the ground. "Hey handsome man," I cooed, smirking up at Charlotte who was quickly fixing her hair. I bent down and picked him up, bringing him close to my chest, placing my spare hand on Charlotte's lower back.

I guided the two of them through to the back garden, getting the door once again, making everyone's heads snap over to us. "Welcome home baby Eric!" They all screamed, raising their glasses in the air. I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful the garden was, little toys had been set up for Reider, and a platter of food had been set out. There were fairy lights all around, and the gazebo had been set up with blankets for later.

"What do you think?" Sasha grinned with pride, walking over and hugging Charlotte tightly. "Is it what you wanted?"

"It's better than I ever thought, in fact, it's perfect." I left the girls to talk amongst themselves, watching several of our other female colleagues walk over. I looked out to all the people, seeing two arms raise up in the air, walking over to them.

"Bro, let me have a hold." Finn completely bypassed me, reaching forwards and grabbing his baby nephew, meanwhile Sami reached in and gave me a warming bro hug.

"I have to admit, however sceptical I was of Sasha, the girl has done marvellously well." I nodded in agreement, soaking in all her hard work.

"That's daddy." I turned around and saw Eric's stodgy finger pointing out to me, squirming in Finn's grip. "No, you don't like him, he's mean."

"Excuse me, watch it or you might just lose uncle privileges." He gasped in shock, lightly bouncing Reider in his arms.

"I'll happily take on the role," Sami smirked, looking between my brother and I. "I'm far more mature anyway, it's logical."

"I can't work out if you're being serious or not Sami dude." I chuckled at the concerned expression on Finn, which quickly lit up when Sami started to giggle. "You aren't taking my nephew from me ever.

"No, but I can." I recognised the voice anyway, spinning around and wrapping my arms around Charlotte. "Someone's happy," she smiled, kissing the tip of my nose.

"Of course I am, look how many people are here, and how happy the little man is." She waved at his smiling face, reaching out to take him from Finn.

"I've got lots of excitable girls who want to meet you." He grabbed onto her arm, settling a lot quicker than he did on Finn. Finn frowned, staring up at Charlotte. "Mother's instinct, what can I say?"

Sami and Finn suddenly became engrossed in their own conversation, so I walked around noticing Ric sat by himself in the gazebo, a beer in hand. I couldn't leave him alone after I'd seen him, so slowly walked over, sitting beside him. "You good?" He looked up, trying to show me a smile but I could tell it wasn't genuine. "What's going through your mind?"

"It's just weird watching how far she's come, what a good mother she is, how many people there are around her that love her." I smiled, understanding exactly where he was coming from. "She's still my baby girl at the end of the day, and I know what an incredible dad and partner you are to my two babies."

"Charlotte loves you more than anything else in the world, she's always talking about you, wishing you could be with us." He looked up, sniffing his tears back a little.

"Really?"

"Yeah of -"

"-Eric! Eric!" I stood up from my seat at the call of my name, looking over to Charlotte who was waving me over. "Do you know where dad is? We're about to cut Reider's cake." I looked down at Ric, giving him a hand up.

"Yeah, he's here." I walked over to the gathering of people with him, leaving once he was with Wendy to go to Charlotte.

"Is he alright?" She whispered, making sure no one else could hear. I nodded reassuringly, then turned my attention back to my son.

"Exciting isn't it," I told him, poking his cheek a couple of times.

"Alright ladies and gents, this evening we're here to celebrate new life, old memories, lost relatives, and new hope. Little Reider is the missing piece to what has been an utter fairytale for these two, and it could not have happened to two better people. Becky and I have worked hard creating this masterpiece, so you two better appreciate it." I was actually surprised by how well they'd done, a three tiered blue cake, with his name iced on the top.

"I love it girls, you've done amazing." I reached across the table, picking up the knife, settling it just on top of the top tier. Charlotte picked Reider's hand up, placing it in between ours, pushing down and cutting the sponge.

"Smells lush," I told everyone who clapped and recorded the special moment. I tore off a small crumb that had dropped, squishing it so it was soft, then giving it to Reider. Charlotte raised her eyebrow up at me, showing her disapproval. "It's a tiny bit, he'll be fine."

She handed him back to me, helping to cut the cake so all our guests could try some, so I took the little man away where it was more peaceful, to where I was sat with Ric. I sat him on my lap, turning him so he was looking at me, bouncing him up and down. "You know, your mum and I care for you a lot, as do all the people around here. You'll be a good boy, I'll make sure of it, and I'll make sure that you know how loved you are, because I love you son, and I love your mum a lot too." He stared up at me, sucking at his thumb, without a clue what I was saying.

"I love you both too." I turned around and saw Charlotte smiling down at me, leaning on the gazebo. "Cake?" She walked round and handed me my own bit of cake, sitting beside me and leaning her head on my shoulder. "We've done alright haven't we?"

"We most certainly have."