The Things You Do For Love ~ Dean Ambrose {Part 2}

"What's your problem, I don't understand you, I really don't." I looked up at my phone, shaking my head in disbelief at Dean. He ran his hands through his hair, tousling it as a sign of his stress.

"I haven't got a problem, you just don't understand what I'm saying, you always have to make things about you." He shook his head, snatching his leather jacket from the chair it was draped around.

"Fine, well if I don't understand you that's fine, save yourself the bother and stay here tonight, I don't need you to accompany me to the ring, I wouldn't want you not to understand." I let out a huge sigh, stripping myself from the jumper I was wearing which was printed with his logo.

"Grow up," I told him, just before the door slammed shut, surprisingly not breaking with the strength he used to jam it shut.

I sat on the chair for a few more minutes, trying to take my mind to a whole new place. It wasn't my fault I kept telling myself, he was completely overreacting like he always did.

Eventually I found it within myself to head out of our locker, entering the communal area to see the girls all sat around the table. I picked up a drink then headed over to join them, sitting in between Alicia and Becky.

They all looked at me stunned, staring between the screen which broadcast the show and me. "Ain't you meant to be in the ring?" Becky asked, giving me a puzzled glance.

"Yeah, let's just say things got a little bit heated earlier, and Dean kind of got a bit angry, said a few things he'll probably proclaim he didn't mean and decided it was best if he went by himself." They all nodded, not really knowing what to say to me to make me feel better.

"You'll have a better time with us here anyway," Nattie spoke up, the usual ray of guidance and support we all relied on.

"Hopefully." I looked up at the screen watching Dean side step around the ring trying to avoid Baron who was trying to lock up.

"What was it that happened?" Becky whispered into my ear, loud enough just so I could hear.

"I just got a bit upset by something he said, he was going on about how great all the girls are here, but didn't mention me. I didn't say anything really bad, but he just took it the complete wrong way." She nodded, leaning back in her seat.

Despite everything that had happened I still couldn't stop myself from watching Dean, keeping a close eye on him. I didn't know if things had got on top of him, but he didn't seem to be moving as easily as he usually did, his left leg moving less swiftly than it usually did.

Baron finally picked Dean up, getting him with the End Of Days, Dean landing horrifically.

The whole room was filled with groans of fear and concern, watching him closely. Usually he'd get up straight away, but as his hand clasped around his thigh I knew something was seriously wrong.

"I've got to go," I announced, standing up from my seat and running straight down to the ring. I ignored every shout of my name, heading for only one place, the ring.

I knew reaching the production office would be hard, everyone would want to stick to the show, but my personal life came first through it all.

"No, don't do this," Hunter told me, wrapping his arm around my waist to stop me moving any further.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." Somehow I found the strength to push his arm away, running through the curtains and straight down to the ring.

I slid in, coming straight up by his side, taking his hand in mine. "Babe, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you." He looked up, smiling once his eyes fell on mine.

"You're here," he whispered, squeezing my hand gently. "You dot have to apologise, none of this is your fault." I shook my head, running my other hand threw his hair, moving it out of his face.

"It doesn't matter anyway, what matters is you right now, I think help is coming anyway." He nodded the best he could, just as the doctors ran down to the ring with a stretcher.

"Hi Dean," the doctor spoke, moving towards his legs. "Can you tell me where it hurts?"

"Just at my ankle, moving up my shin a little." The doctor nodded, moving his hands around the area which was causing the most damage.

I looked down at Dean, watching him closely as he took a sharp intake of breath when the main point of pain came into contact with his hand. "There," he groaned, looking up at me, pleading with me to get him off.

"That's enough," I told him, brushing his hands off of Dean.

"Alright Dean, we are gonna have to move you onto the stretcher and then take you down to the hospital I'm afraid." He gulped, his breathing quickening in fear. He was never one to go to the hospital, he never felt he had to.

I watched the stretcher be transitioned into the ring, slipping my hand out of his. "No, please don't leave me," he cried out as soon as I let go, searching around for where I'd gone.

"It's alright, just let them put you on the stretcher and I'll be back." I slid out of the ring letting the pros do their jobs. The pain I felt watching him be moved around was indescribable, Dean was never one to complain, so just one grimace was enough to tell me he was in some serious bother.

They took him out from under the ropes onto a carrier to take him up the ramp. "Babe," he whispered, stretching his arm out for me to take a hold off.

"It's alright," I told him, taking his hand in my own, "I'm not going anywhere, I promise."