Big Cass for WillowNorthrip

I grabbed Cass' hand as we pulled up the drive of my brother Jax's house. "And you're sure he will like me?" He asked nervously. I nodded my head vigorously, squeezing his hand for reassurance. "I know I'm an odd guy, people don't always like odd."

"I love odd, it is what makes you you. Pleast don't fret, I've told Jax so much about you he is bound to like you." I pulled him up the pathway, knocking on the door three times, waiting for him to answer.

Jax slowly opened the door, wearing a big leather jacket and ripped black jeans. "Gabriella, it is so good to see you." He leaned forwards and hugged me tightly, kissing my cheek.

"Jax this is my boyfriend Cass, Cass this is my brother Jax." I looked at Jax first as his expression stayed blank. Cass made the first move, smiling over and shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Gabriella's been telling me how close the two of you are." Jax nodded opening up the door and inviting him in. Cass stepped in first past Jax, who turned his nose up slightly.

"You're a tall one aren't you Cass." I smiled up at Cass who nodded his head down at my much smaller brother.

"Seven foot tall sir, and you can't teach that." Jax laughed awkwardly, clearly not having seen Cass on screen before. I giggled, thankful of how warm he was towards Jax, knowing how desperate he was to make a good impression.

We walked through into his living room, sitting down on one sofa as Jax stood in the doorway folding his arms. "Can I get you a drink Gabriella? Cass, a beer?" Jax had always had a thing for a bottle of beer whenever he found appropriate, which in his mind was just whenever.

"I don't drink mate, clean living me, you help yourself though." Jax wasn't impressed at all,  turning his nose up once again. I didn't know if Cass could tell or not, but I knew that Jax wasn't keen on him at all. "Have you got any juice or anything?"

"Isn't that for kids?" Jax asked, attempting some sort of humour. I shook my head, biting my tongue, trying not to say anything to him. He made no effort what so ever to try and get along with Cass, brushing him aside as if he was nothing.

"Yeah, so maybe a coke or something?" Jax nodded, finally satisfied with Cass' answer.

"Gabriella?" He asked catching my attention.

"I'll just have a coke too," I smiled up at my big brother. He nodded walking out into the kitchen. Cass grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around so I was looking right at him.

"How am I doing?" He questioned, genuinely concerned that he was portraying himself to be the good boyfriend for Jax's sister.

"You're doing perfect babe," I whispered back, planting a quick kiss on his lips. Cass raised his hands up, running through the strands of my hair that feel in front of my face, cupping my cheeks and deepening our kiss.

"Two cokes." We jumped apart adjusting ourselves as Jax stood awkwardly looking down at us and handing us our glasses. I sighed, placing my hand on Cass' thigh, dreading the rest of the time we were going to spend here.

Jax messed around in his kitchen for a short while, then came back in with his beer, plopping down on his sofa and switching the sports channel on where the motorbike racing was being shown. "So, Jax, tell me about yourself?" I looked at Jax waiting for him to respond, but he just carried on looking at the screen.

"My boyfriend just spoke to you," I told him, raising my voice slightly in frustration. Jax wasn't giving Cass the time of day, and I could definitely tell he didn't approve at all.

"What did you say? I wasn't listening." I turned around to look at Cass who looked down at me sadly. I smiled, as if to tell him to just keep going.

"I said to tell me about yourself?" Jax nodded to show he had been listening this time, taking a small sip of his drink.

"Not much to be fair, I'm just Jax Teller, nothing special." I scoffed, handing Cass my drink and walking over to my brother. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the kitchen, having had enough of his disregarding attitude.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you being so rude?" Jax leaned on the worktop shaking his head.

"I don't like him Gabriella, he's odd." I shook my head in disbelief, he'd known Cass for all of about half an hour yet he'd already managed to develop a judgement on him.

"How can you not like him? He's sweet and kind and really looks after me. You haven't bothered with him at all, you're more concerned about some bikes going round a track." I tried not to raise my voice incase Cass heard the two of us.

"I just have a gut feeling. He's gonna tell you everything you want to hear and after four months or whatever it is when he gets bored of you, he'll drop you and you'll come running to me crying and sobbing that he broke your heart." I shook my head, hating how he was thinking.

"That's not true." I turned around and gulped as Cass walked into the room, coming over to me and placing his arm around my waist. "I love your sister so much, she's an amazing girl, and whatever view you have of me, let me tell you that you are completely wrong." I smiled up at him, grabbing his hand that was around me and squeezing it.

"You just interrupted me?" Jax asked, stepping forwards and getting in Cass' face, however it didn't really work considerign Cass was nearly a foot taller.

"I'm not going to stand here and let you talk badly of me. Now, I don't really care what you think of me, you just so happen to be the brother of my girl. I'm not going to sit in your house and let you speak lowly of me and disrespect your sister, so the two of us will be going now." Cass grabbed my hand and walked me straight out of the house, walking to the car in silence.

I sat in the seat completely overwhelmed by what was happening. "What you did was brave, my brother can be quite intimidating."

"He doesn't bother me, you're the only one I care about." I leaned across and pecked his cheek as he pulled out of the drive to take us home.