I Love You No Matter What ~ Sasha Banks

I looked across at Sasha who was smiling looking out of the window, and then to the back to see Xavier focusing on one of his several games on his phone, rapidly pressing the buttons.

I, on the other hand, continued to drive the car, weaving in and out of a few backstreets until I finally reached the drive of my parent's home in Cincinnati. "Alright, and we are here." I turned the engine off, looking at both their excited faces.

None of my family had ever met the two of them, my best friend, and my wife. For four years I kept Sasha on the down low, seeing as same sex wasn't well accepted within my household. My brother knew, but he was modern, he didn't bat an eyelid.

The three of us got out the car, leaving Xavier to get all of our bags. Sasha came up beside me, trying to slip her hand in mine, but I quickly yanked mine away. "I'm sorry," I softly smiled, knocking on the door. I could hear her sigh, but my mother's presence meant I quickly brushed it away.

"Britani!" She squealed, stepping out and hugging me tight. "And you must be Sasha," she smiled, hugging her too. "And who's the struggling man behind you?"

"That's Xavier mum, he wrestles too." Sasha and I stepped aside so Xavier could walk in and quickly drop the bags as his cheeks slowly turned a deeper shade of red.

"It's good to meet you ma'am," he smiled, walking straight past her to throw the cases to the floor.

"Well why don't you all come in, everyone is dying to see you all." We all followed behind her, seeing many familiar faces sat around the front room drinking cups of coffee.

"You need to tell her," I heard Sasha mutter to me as we both sat down on two beanbags laid out.

"I know," I told her, trying to stay calm. The truth was, I was terrified, my mum had always envisioned the perfect wedding for me, a man, a church, but my life was the opposite. A woman, a churchyard, and no guests.

"So sweetie, the three of you will be staying on the top floor for the next couple of days." I looked up at mum, nodding my head. Mum's house was huge, but she had worked hard for it.

"I'll be in the third room," I heard a voice pipe up behind me. I looked back and saw my cousin Jess, bouncing her daughter up and down. Jess too was in a same sex relationship, having had her daughter through artificial insemination two years ago.

"Yes, but Britani, we've allowed you to room with your boyfriend." I jumped a little, looking up in fright. Xavier stared off into the distance, unsure as to what to say, whilst Sasha nudged me in the side. "You don't look happy darling? Is that alright?"

"No, it's fine." I could see Sasha rolling her eyes, but I had a plan.

"Sasha you'll be by yourself," my auntie told her, clearly stating the obvious. "We don't want you going in a room with Jess, you could leave pregnant for all we know."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, her own daughter. I tried to clench my fist, holding back my anger at her comments. A few gasps could be heard around the room, but she didn't care. "We don't want to turn you into one of those Sasha darling, you're too pretty."

"And what exactly is one of those?" I asked, standing up in front of her. She gulped, taking aback by my sudden need to speak. "Come on."

"Well, I mean, the people who feel the need to break the rules, go against what has been known to man, pretend to love someone of the same gender for attention." I shook my head, quickly glancing down at Sasha to see her proud smile.

"You know what, I've got something to say." I raised my hand in the air, revealing my wedding band to them all. "Jess may be one of those, but so am I, and I'm damn proud about it. You all bring such shame onto this family, and I cannot wait to get out of here. But before I do, let me tell you one thing, I love my wife, and your snotty opinions will never change that." I walked over and grabbed Sasha's hand, dramatically walking out of the room. Xavier quickly scurried behind us, picking up the cases he still hadn't recovered from carrying the first time around.

"Britaini! Britani! Wait!" I stopped at the front door hearing my mother's cries, turning around to look at her.

"What do you want?" I asked, looking down at the ground.

"What you did was so brave, and I'm proud of you for that. If Sasha is what truly makes your heart skips a beat, then I'll accept that. Despite what everyone else thinks, I just want to see you happy sweet pea." I weakly smiled at her, reaching behind me slightly to take a hold of Sasha's hand.

"Thank you mum, that means a lot." She reached forward and wrapped her arms tightly around the two of us, giving us an extra squeeze.

Years ago I would have never had the power to stand up and do such a thing, but it was all down to Sasha.

"Maybe we'll arrange another visit soon, just the three of us and your father, where you guys can feel comfortable and loved."

"That would be nice," I smiled, letting go of Sasha to hug my mum properly. "I'm sorry mum, but I can't stay here. " I felt her lips connect with my cheek, pushing me away.

"I know sweetheart, and I understand, but I'll see you very soon." I nodded, stepping away noticing how much she wanted to hug Sasha, warming my heart.

"It was lovely to meet you, you've got such a beautiful daughter." I smiled, feeling my cheeks flush red.

"She really is one of a kind." I took the car keys out of my pocket walking us both over to the car. I looked in to see Xavier playing away at his game once again, ignoring what was going on.  "Bye girls," she smiled.

"Bye mum," I replied, turning the keys of the engine on, reversing the car back.

"Somehow, I really think that was the best possible outcome," Sasha whispers looking over at me.

"I'm not surprised, I knew what they were going to be like, but just knowing I have my mum's love is good enough for me." I reached across resting my hand on top of hers, laughing as Xavier began to shout in the background.

"I love you," she whispered across, leaning over to peck my cheek.

"I love you too," I smiled back over, giving her hand another squeeze.

For iiCraziiChic