Sami Zayn Part 2 for littleredhearts

I tied my boots up for the first time, running a hand through my hair. Fifty people were sat in a basketball hall ready to watch a bunch of eighteen year olds wrestle. My theme song played out as I walked out for the first time into the squares circle.

"You ready?" I looked up at Sami as he walked over to me. I nodded, unable to smile, tying my boots up for the final time. Sami sighed watching me. After so many years everything was finally coming to an end. "Don't be sad."

"It's hard not to be." Sami came and sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I knew I had to retire, me and Sami weren't getting any younger, and we both knew that for starting a family it was now or never.

"Just think about all the things that we'll do once you retire. Make babies, explore, everything we've ever wanted to do." I nodded, thinking about all the new options tonight would create for us both.

"Alright Colbie, so you ready?" I looked at the producer anxiously nodding at him. "Go out there and smash it." I nodded listening as the crowd fell quiet then my theme song played. I felt a quick shiver run down my spine as I transformed myself into my ring character, walking out to the crowd with complete confidence. A wave of adrenaline ran through me as the sounds of the crowd greeted me for the first time.

I stretched my arm across Bayley, raising her leg for the pin. After hitting my final Here We Go finisher I took a deep breath in, absorbing the buzz around the arena for the final time. The happy expressions, the chants of my name, and the adrenaline of throwing myself from the top rope. I heard the ref hit the mat three times, as I reached up and tightened my hair, slowly standing up to my feet. I looked out at the crowd as everyone stood to applaud me. Over a decade I had spent putting my heart and soul into this business and now I was at the end.

"Thank you Colbie." I desperately tried to stop my tears rolling down my eyes as the crowd began to chant. They're chants made everything feel so right, my heart was so full that they had so much love for me. I looked over at the time keepers area being handed a microphone.

"Thank you." I said, as the crowd quietened down. "I just want to thank you all for all your love and support over the last ten years. I'm so sad that this road has come to an end, but I'm so excited for the future ahead for me and my love. I promise I will never forget you all, you're all the reason for my happiness, and that I will take you all on this journey with me. I'm going to miss this every night stepping out and greeting you all, but I know I am leaving this women's division the best it has ever been, and I could not be prouder to call myself a professional wrestler." I dropped the microphone wiping my stray tear away from my cheek. I touched the hands of all the fans, thanking them for all their little whispers as I walked up.

I stood up, throwing Maria's leg back down onto the ground. The crowd cheered making me feel electric inside. The yells and encouragement was all I ever heard of dreaming. I'd gone from fifteen to fifteen thousand people chanting my name. "Here is your winner, Maisie Lyx!" I smiled as Lilian called my name. I looked up to the top stand of the arena as I finally realised being in the WWE was where I belonged.

I seperated the curtains, walking through to a loud reception. I looked up at all the superstars who created a guard of honour for me. I walked through hugging each one of them, thanking them for all their support as they told me how much they'd miss me. I carried on until the end when I was finally greeted by Sami. He smiled opening his arms out for me, as I instantly walked into them, the tears freely falling. His hand ran up and down my back. "You did so well." He whispered.

"I just can't believe this has all come to the end, that was it." We stayed in our hug for a few more seconds then proceeded to walk down the corridor to our locker room. I pulled away as Sami laced his hand in mine.

"Just think any day now we could be starting our own little family." I smiled at the little reminder as to why I was doing what I was doing. "Baby Sami's or Colbie's." I felt Sami kiss the top of my head as we reached our locker room.

I walked back into the locker room, the buzz of adrenaline still with me. I picked up my bag rummaging through until I found my phone, scrolling through all my messages on social media. The response was crazy, better then I had ever imagined, something I couldn't be prouder of.

Sami opened the door for us as I walked over to my bag, grabbing my jacket and throwing it over me. I didn't dare pick up my phone knowing all my messages would make me cry even more. "Have you ever really sat back and realised just what a journey you've been on love?"

"No, but I reckon I will do now." The last few years had been so hectic I had never really stopped to think about the incredible experiences I had. From a young girl with a big dream, to one of the biggest stars in the world and a professional athlete.

I changed out of my ring gear, gently folding it over for the last time. There was still a few tears in the material that I never got round to stitching, and a couple of marks that had never come out.  Sami handed me my key in silence, as I looked at the locker, shutting the door and turning it so it locked. I threw my bag, the same one I had used since day one, over my shoulder. Sami walked a couple of paces ahead of me, allowing me to have my moment. I reached across and switched the light off, shutting the door of the locker. I exhaled a deep breath, releasing my grip on the door handle. "Come on babe," Sami said, snapping me out of my zone. He guided me out to the car, as I left the arena for the final time, taking my first steps on my new pathway with Sami.