Seth Rollins for bananabutt69

It should have felt like another normal day at work, Seth and I walking in hand and hand, kissing each other goodbye, but something just didn't feel right. I didn't know what it was, or why, but as I watched Seth walk away to the male locker room, I couldn't help the sick feeling in my stomach.

"Alright Alexa, Seth is on his way." I jumped off the crate in the backstage area, placing my pieces of paper out of the way of the camera, picking up my microphone. Behind the camera I could see the director's hand counting down from three until we were live.

"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time, the challenger to Samoa Joe's Universal Championship tonight, Seth Rollins." He looked down at the ground walking into shot, I tried to weakly smile at him, but he wasn't interested. He stopped a few centimetres away from me, usually he'd be stood right by my side, almost as if we'd be touching. "Seth, how are you feeling ahead of tonight?"

"How am I feeling? How would you like me to feel Alexa? Nervous, excited? I've beaten Joe before, I've won titles before, I feel fine Alexa." I tried not to sigh, or kick him in the leg, I didn't know why he felt the need to be so difficult.

"You said you've beaten Joe before, but after he'd been mentored by Triple H do you feel there is anything you should change about your game plan heading into the match?" I could see the director telling me to wrap it up quickly, and by the roll of Seth's eyes I knew that wasn't a problem.

"No." He stated, turning around and walking away, leaving me stunned. I turned to look at the camera, offering the audience a weak smile, seeing the green light turn red and the cameras moved out of the way.

I spent the rest of the show just walking around, wracking my brain for reasons why I'd upset Seth, but I honestly had no clue.

The final advertisement break came on, so I was quickly snuck down to the timekeeper's zone, to interview the winner of tonight's match. I didn't want to, in fact I just wanted to head back to the hotel and cry, but work was work.

Despite what had happened, I was still rooting for him, I always would he was my Seth, but however much I tried to disparage the underlying feelings I had about him right now, they weren't going away.

His hometown crowd were giving him the little boost he needed as well, supporting him everytime that he hit a move, or when he raised his hand in the air.

I could tell the match was coming to an end slowly, the smile on his face slowly grew like it always did, as he flipped his hair back out of his face. Joe was slow, his movements weren't as fast and brisk, instead he could barely walk without stumbling around in the ring.

Along the front row I could see Holly egging him on along with some other members of his family, clapping and cheering like they always did, encouraging him no matter what, just like I was doing on the inside.

He set Joe up, hitting him with the Kingslayer, and more importantly, getting the three count. Deep down I wanted to sprint into the ring and kiss him there and then, but I had to remain professional.

I'd never been inside the arena bubble before during any match or segment, but to see his face light up when that belt was handed to him, and several of his childhood friends were with him in Davenport, nothing could describe the moment.

He climbed up all the turnbuckles, waving to all the fans. "I bet you can't wait to get in that ring," I heard Jojo whisper into my ear. I span around, eagerly nodding my head in anticipation to get the nod.

"This means the world to him," I replied, feeling a tap of my shoulder. I span around and was handed a microphone, walking into the ring, smiling over at Seth like I always did.

His music fell silent and Joe finally slid out of the ring. "Seth, congratulations, you are the new Universal Champion, can you try to sum up how you're feeling right now?" I didn't know if it was the adrenaline or a realisation, but he finally brought himself to smile at me, meaningfully.

"Alexa this is the best feeling in the world, and to do it with the support of the best people in the world, it cannot get any better. I know you all probably want to head home, but let me start by saying thank you to all you fans, when people say our Universe is the best fan group in the world, they don't half mean it." The crowd erupted into a stream of cheers, clapping and screaming his name.

"Also, to my family who are sat down there tonight, especially my mum. All the lifts you gave me to training, and the countless hours you spent sitting in halls of fifteen people just to support me, means the absolute world." He looked across and blew them all a kiss, applauding them as they were him.

"And finally, I'd like to thank you Alexa. My gorgeous, funny, extremely talented girlfriend, I've not been the most tolerable person in the world over these last few weeks, but you've still been my rock. I know I can turn to you whenever, look to you for guidance, and most importantly a cuddle. So," he knelt down and placed his belt on the floor, only to stay there and reach into his back pocket.

"Shut up," I muttered under my breath so the microphone wouldn't pick it up. Seth brought his hand back forwards to present me with a stunning diamond ring. My hand found its way over my mouth, trying to disguise the shock and excitement that was bubbling inside of me.

"Alexa, my princess, will you marry me?" I nodded my head without hesitation watching him slide the ring onto my finger. I pulled him up, with his belt back in his hand, leaping up into his arms, feeling his arms clasp around me.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear, feeling the ends of his hair tickle my cheek. I'd forgotten all about the mass of Iowans expressing their delight for us.

I leaped down, climbing out of the ring with Seth still by my side, walking over to his family, firstly Holly. She squeezed me tighter than she ever had done before, burying her neck into the crook of my neck. "Welcome to the family my darling," she whispered. I tried to escape her grasp, but she didn't want to let go, warming my heart.

I felt another set of arms wrap around us, feeling Seth's hot breath on my neck, hugging us both. "I love you too," I heard him whisper into my ear, resting his chin on my shoulder, pecking my cheek.